First you've got to last...

I tell my kids this all the time.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now

Quick to judge,quick to anger........slow to umderstand.

Ignorence and prejudice and fear walk hand ln hand.

People I am worlking around at the moent

Edited by Ghostnotes

...the most endangered species - the honest man...

...he's a restless young romantic wants to run the big machine...

...you can surrender without a prayer but never really pray, pray without surrender - you can fight, fight without ever winning but never ever win, win without a fight...

many, many more...

QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Jul 10 2011, 03:36 PM)
Subdivisions. Perfectly describes what high school was like for me.

Conform or be cast out indeed...

If I had to choose one song it would be Subdivisions for this reason. And what's ironic is that I was one of the "in" people due strictly to athletic prowess yet from day one of high school I saw it for what it truly was (as Neil described so perfectly).

Others I love:

from Manhattan Project:

A weapon - that would settle the score

Whoever found it first

Would be sure to do their worst -

They always had before...

and

All of the brightest boys

To play with the biggest toys -

More than they bargained for...

All of Resist

All of The Big Money

The first 4 lines of Closer To The Heart

Everybody's got to deviate from the norm from Vital Signs (because the norm is the sum of the deviations from it).

One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel

And the next it's rolling over me from Far Cry

All of Totem

We will pay the price,

But we will not count the cost from Bravado

etc.

etc.

etc.

Edited by driventotheedge

Freewill did it for me. I was stuck at this job 2.5 yrs and hated it. But I did it cause I was told its good to have a job in this economy. I l always liked the song Freewill but then one day I really heard the lyrics "You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill" and was like whoa. So I spent the next six months finding a better job and I got a job that just kicks the butt of my old job so many ways. Also, I new to this forum, how do make spaces in between lines? Awesome Forum!!!!!!!!

Listening to The (orig) Fear Trilogy...

*brought to mind a podcast i did a few months ago with Chris Lindsay about lyrics and stuff

MY SHOW podcast with Chris

Edited by ucsteve667

In no particular order:

Mission

Resist

Bravado

The Pass

Entre Nous

All for various reasons that are personal.

I also have to say that Snakes and Arrows, when it came out, helped me keep my sanity when my marriage ended in the spring of 2007. It was hugely ugly because my ex is evil and made everything a fight, and S&A gave me a fresh, new 'place' to escape to and find solace in.

QUOTE (Atomic @ Jul 13 2011, 08:11 AM)
In no particular order:

Mission
Resist
Bravado
The Pass
Entre Nous

All for various reasons that are personal.

I also have to say that Snakes and Arrows, when it came out, helped me keep my sanity when my marriage ended in the spring of 2007. It was hugely ugly because my ex is evil and made everything a fight, and S&A gave me a fresh, new 'place' to escape to and find solace in.

Glad to hear S & A helped you get through. Unfortunately, it reminds me of the deterioration and ultimate end of my 20 year marriage as the beginning of the end happened to coincide with the realease of the album. It's actually a double edged sword because I am better off not married to her anymore in all ways and am much happier yet sadly the album brings back the pain and anger of the situation at the time it was happening. I suppose I need to listen to it repeatedly now that I have come through it for the better so as to associate it with feeling good. Since CA is still months away from release, I should have plenty of chances.

Subdivisions and Entre Nous speak to me the most. Subdivisions because it was the perfect description of high school (where I did not fit in at all), and Entre Nous because it is, to me, the perfect description of the way relationships work best, when room is left "for you and I to grow". (I'll ignore the fact that it should have been "you and me" because the meaning behind the words is so spot on.)

Hmmm... tough one.... so many to think about.

I relate to Subdivions a lot, but more just for the idea of growing up in a small town, wanting to go see and experience bigger things in the great unknown. Nothing to do with school, I loved school, had friends and fit in well, but I also had friends that were outcasts so I connect with it that way as well.

Yeah I guess that one. Maybe The Pass too because one of my friends from school hung himself in the woods 5 minutes from my house. He comes to mind every time I hear that song.

QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 13 2011, 07:34 AM)
Freewill did it for me. I was stuck at this job 2.5 yrs and hated it. But I did it cause I was told its good to have a job in this economy. I l always liked the song Freewill but then one day I really heard the lyrics "You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill" and was like whoa. So I spent the next six months finding a better job and I got a job that just kicks the butt of my old job so many ways. Also, I new to this forum, how do make spaces in between lines? Awesome Forum!!!!!!!!

Welcome Bob! Hope you enjoy it here! Spaces between lines? I imagine just pressing return would do the trick.

I need to start listening to Freewill more often! wink.gif

can any part of life be larger than life?

even love must be limited by time

sooooo profound

So many......

But the standouts right off the top of my head are "The Pass" (came out during a tough time in my life, where thoughts of suicide passed through my head), and "Half The World" which to me describes perfectly the Disunited States of America and how we are entrenched into 2 groups, and fighting ferociously to get the other side on ours (Half of us trying to reach the other half).

with the eyes of the world...we stare

QUOTE (BigBob @ Jul 13 2011, 07:34 AM)

You mean like double-space? You have to space the lines manually if you want to space them. There is no double-space option on here that I know of. Hopefully that helped?

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum, I'm somewhat new as well.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jul 10 2011, 02:16 AM)
Read my review of Bravado. Still my favorite song.

Love it...especially DS. Rules with the extended outro.

The whole wide world an endless Universe

Yet we keep looking through the eyeglass in reverse.

yes.gif

And when I leave I don't what I'm hoping to find

And when I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind.

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 18 2011, 01:00 PM)
And when I leave I don't what I'm hoping to find
And when I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind.

goodpost.gif