Ryan Dunn of "Jackass" Killed in Car Crash

ALifeson85

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 21 2011, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 21 2011, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jun 21 2011, 01:55 AM)
Jesus Christ people... this thread is downright sick.

Are we so conditioned to vilify people who are guilty of something so commonplace as driving drunk, that we cheerlead their DEATHS? This thread really disgusts me. I can't believe how people have been turned into such sickening busybody zealots, that they turn a tragedy into a parade for their cause.

73 hit the nail on the head, nobody deserves to die like this. Those cheerleading a fatality are IMMENSELY more disgusting than anyone who's ever driven drunk, IMO.

You've obviously never had a friend or relative killed by a drunk driver. It's totally 100% preventable yet millions of selfish f*cks do it all the time and bleat about nanny states and zealots.

I'm happy if any drunken driver gets killed on a lonely road where they aren't going to murder my wife or daughter through their selfish arrogance.

It's joy of a threat removed. KJ you are an enabler with your tree-hugger sensibilities. Well Jackass boy probably hugged his last tree...

Did you edit your post to add that joke? Cause it SUCKED. And on more than one level too.

Certainly not. iPhone runs riot with every word I type.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 21 2011, 11:22 AM)
i just read a story about this from the AP.

I tell you, only in America! 1022.gif

"Dunn, a daredevil whose most famous skits included diving into a sewage tank and shoving a toy car into his rectum"

ohmy.gif

Everything on tv isn't as it seems....

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 21 2011, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 21 2011, 11:22 AM)
i just read a story about this from the AP.

I tell you, only in America!  1022.gif

"Dunn, a daredevil whose most famous skits included diving into a sewage tank and shoving a toy car into his rectum"

ohmy.gif

Everything on tv isn't as it seems....

actually i later read the context in which the car was used and have to admit it must of been funny as hell. that type of humor does appeal to me and while i have not seen any of the movies i have watched a few episodes on MTV.

you know the crazy thing is i think that if this dude was arrested and given a DUI it would of been good publicity for him.

anyways may he RIP.

Just wanted to steal a bit from "Riders on the Storm"

There's a killer on the road

His brain is squirmin' like a toad

Take a long holiday

Let your children play

If ya give this man a ride

Sweet memory will die

Killer on the road, yeah

I really know nothing about Ryan Dunn, probably a nice "cool" guy but he ended his life as a killer and it could have been anyone of us or anyone we love.

The fact is there are shitty people who choose to drink and then get behind the wheel. Sorry, but some people just suck. People who openly celebrate getting drunk and acting like a"Jackass" have chosen to be that type of person. A person who makes choices that are very likely to kill others.

If that makes me sound like I have a "holier than thou" attitude, I'm fine with that. People who drink and drive are f**k-ups. I don't celebrate his death, but he makes me sick and I don't feel terrible for him.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 21 2011, 02:51 PM)
I'd love to see how you react when you're stupid relatives decided to drink, and drive. Then die.

How will you feel then? I bet you'll change your f***ing tune real quick.

This is a hot button topic but honestly, having lost an aunt and uncle to a drunk driver I probably have a harder time with this. Its one of those things I get angry about whenever I hear it.

I hope you can at least understand that?

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 21 2011, 01:51 PM)
I'd love to see how you react when you're stupid relatives decided to drink, and drive. Then die.

How will you feel then? I bet you'll change your f***ing tune real quick.

I guess that depends on what you mean. Are you suggesting that those against drinking and driving would change their opinion and be more sympathetic if it happened to a family member?

If so... angry.gif

ranton.gif

Do you really think so? Unless it was the first time my relative decided to drink and drive, if that were to happen to me, it would be only after I forced their a$$ into rehab. And since (apparently) that didn't do the trick, I called the cops on them every time I knew they were out drinking by themselves and I couldn't convince them to take a cab home.

So, in my case, they will have died a stubborn, obstinate, selfish person who was out driving with a revoked license in someone else's car (because theirs would already have one of those alcohol detectors in it). I would be incredibly devastated but not surprised. I would be angry as hell that they could care so little about how their selfishness would affect the rest of us. However, I would also know I did everything I possibly could. They would serve as a cautionary tale for the rest of my family.

(What? Did you think something like this has never happened to anyone before? That somehow your opinion would rub off on everyone if they could see things from your hypothetical experience?)

rantoff.gif

If not... smile.gif

I doubt it would make any significant difference...but hey, almost anything's possible.

[edit: wow, I had to edit because it occurred to me that maybe D3strukt meant that those ambivalent to the horrors of DWI would change their feelings after seeing it firsthand...at least I hope that's what he meant. wink.gif I didn't realize how nasty I could get when angry user posted image]

Edited by ioc

always glad to see our culture getting more and more bloodthirsty and violent.

c'mon, what he did was incredibly stupid and illegal, but the guy f***ing died. why not try having a heart for the 2 seconds it takes to type "rest in peace"?

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 21 2011, 02:25 PM)
always glad to see our culture getting more and more bloodthirsty and violent.
c'mon, what he did was incredibly stupid and illegal, but the guy f***ing died.  why not try having a heart for the 2 seconds it takes to type "rest in peace"?

I get it and ANY loss of life is sad. But the discussion has moved beyond this one character. Rest in Peace is a given because, now, that is his only option. His score is settled, debts paid, troubles gone. Having a heart isn't going to do him the least bit of good now. Assuming the accounts are true, the time to have a heart would have been when there was time to prevent those guys from hitting the road while under the influence. Hell, beating them unconscious would have been a kindness because at least they would have woken up the next day. Now it's too late.

The discussion I'm having is about the living, not the dead. There is nothing I can do for the dead. What about the poor bastards who are going to get drunk in their honor. (you know it's gonna happen) How messed up is that?

The Schofield Kid: You know how I said I shot five men? It weren't true. That Mexican that come at me with a knife, I just busted his leg with a shovel. I didn't kill him or nothing, neither.

Will Munny: Well, you sure killed the hell outta that fella today.

eh, I really don't think people are blood thirsty. Some of the comments seem cold, but it comes out of anger and sorrow for the innocent souls who this behavior effects. I hope he rests in peace, but I'm kinda over that and think people want to bring out the reality of this kind of behavior. Denial and sugar coating it with feeeeelings only sweeps it under the rug. Wishing his soul well will only do so much, but people getting out their true feelings will bring more attention and education IMO.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 21 2011, 04:09 PM)
The Schofield Kid: You know how I said I shot five men? It weren't true. That Mexican that come at me with a knife, I just busted his leg with a shovel. I didn't kill him or nothing, neither.

Great movie.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jun 21 2011, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 21 2011, 04:09 PM)

Great movie.

Aye...

trink38.gif

Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

6/21/2011 10:40 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn and his passenger each died as result of both blunt force trauma AND the fire that consumed Dunn's Porsche during the crash Monday morning ... this according to the Chester County Coroner.

Ryan Dunn Cause of Death

The Coroner's Office just released the autopsy results for both men -- who, we're told, were each dead by the time officials arrived at the scene.

Based on the autopsy results, the crash was so violent, it seems it was impossible to determine if the two died from the impact of the crash itself or from the fire that resulted.

Officials say the toxicology results for both men -- which would help determine the role alcohol played in the crash -- will be released in 4 to 6 weeks.

TMZ previously reported, officials believe Dunn's car veered off the highway and crashed in a wooded area Monday morning ... before exploding in flames. Investigators believe speed may have been a factor in the crash.

More Ryan Dunn

It's really sad, because I don't think there is a single person on this forum who's life hasn't been effected in a negative way by drunk driving. sad.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 21 2011, 04:20 PM)
It's really sad, because I don't think there is a single person on this forum who's life hasn't been effected in a negative way by drunk driving. sad.gif

yeah, thats messed up.

it seems we are very slow to learn as we do jack shit about these numbnuts driving around texting and talking on their phones.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 21 2011, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 21 2011, 04:20 PM)
It's really sad, because I don't think there is a single person on this forum who's life hasn't been effected in a negative way by drunk driving.  sad.gif

yeah, thats messed up.

it seems we are very slow to learn as we do jack shit about these numbnuts driving around texting and talking on their phones.

My state does jack AND shit.

yes.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 21 2011, 05:20 PM)
It's really sad, because I don't think there is a single person on this forum who's life hasn't been effected in a negative way by drunk driving.  sad.gif

goodpost.gif there was an incident in high school where everyone died but one guy, who lived on my street. I had heard he was sleeping in the backseat. He never seemed the same after. And my one friend who injured himself badly. Back when he was young and stupid.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 21 2011, 06:44 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jun 20 2011, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 20 2011, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jun 20 2011, 07:55 PM)
Jesus Christ people... this thread is downright sick.

Are we so conditioned to vilify people who are guilty of something so commonplace as driving drunk, that we cheerlead their DEATHS? This thread really disgusts me. I can't believe how people have been turned into such sickening busybody zealots, that they turn a tragedy into a parade for their cause.

73 hit the nail on the head, nobody deserves to die like this. Those cheerleading a fatality are IMMENSELY more disgusting than anyone who's ever driven drunk, IMO.

I don't believe in celebrating ANYONE's death and I really don't think that is the message the others are trying to send (although their passion for this subject does kind of smell like that). But you might try to understand that there could be someone on this forum who has lost a loved one because somebody decided that being "able to hold your liquor" is a relevant justification for getting behind the wheel after hitting the bar. No big deal, right?

How do you rationalize THAT loss? How do you speak of compassion towards a murderer's family while flippantly speaking of drunk driving as commonplace, as if that makes it understandable, or worse, acceptable. What? Is drunk driving simply naughty now? Something you shouldn't do, but "boys will be boys"? Why should drunken murderers not be vilified? How are they not villains? Explain it to me, please! Explain it to the families whose father, mother, young child, or unborn baby didn't go for happy hour then hit the road, but still died anyway at the hands of someone who did, all because that driver was too selfish and stupid to give a $h!t about anyone.

Think about it.

I'll skip over the bullshit personal attacks from some of the other 'usual suspects' around here, and take the "holier than thou" way out on those, just letting them shine in their own attitudes for everyone to see...

But this post is interesting.

How is someone who is engaging in an unsafe behavior not a villain... well? In some stretched sense, they really are. How bad of a villain is the question.

Tell me, has there ever been a case where you changed lanes without signaling? Where you sped? Where you answered a phone call while driving? Where you did anything even marginally unsafe?? Fill in the blank here; I'm sure EVERYONE here has engaged in some activity that is unsafe to themselves or those around them.

How are we not all villains? Because people are imperfect. People make mistakes. I'm tired of this scapegoating of drunk drivers. People think it's ok to treat someone who did something unsafe like they're an absolute monster, while we all toe that line every day. We're all living in SOME kind of glass house, and if we aren't, frankly we're living too sterile a lifestyle.

I'm a flawed person. Drunk drivers are flawed people. People who speed are flawed people. People who don't do everything absolutely right are flawed people. And sometime those flaws hurt others. I'm sorry, I'm just not ready to say that necessarily makes them a villain.

But that's just how you see the world when you're holier than everyone else.

What a gigantic pile of horse snot.

People who drive drunk kill people. I have lost two loved ones due to a drunk driver.

As I said, Ken, your opinions are the only ones that matter cause you know it all.

Keep at it. Let those personal attacks fly.

You're never really interested in discussing things. You just want to shout over everyone. You're not really interested in forming principles and standards, you just want your emotion of the moment to rule what you believe.

You're the one with the arrogance problem. You're the guy that results to this petty attacking because you don't like the other point of view. THAT is arrogance. THAT is a 'holier than thou' attitude.

You can bash whoever you want, you can make up whatever bullshit insults you want, you can ignore whatever principles anyone else espouses JUST because you you feel like it. Deflect all you want, go ahead and bash me. You're just showing how small, petty, and unreasonable you really are. You're not interested in discussion, you have no tolerance for dissent. If someone dares disagree with the almighty Tick's 'feeling of the moment', you're entitled to say whatever you want about them...

By the way, for the record, your argument against my reasonable post was that it is "horse snot". Great argument man, you're really making some good points; that really refutes what I had to say. If you'd been interested in actually discussing the topic without just taking shots at me, I'd have had no problem doing so in a polite and respectful manner. Why can't I expect the same from you??

Edited by KenJennings