Ryan Dunn of "Jackass" Killed in Car Crash

ALifeson85

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 23 2011, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 23 2011, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 23 2011, 07:57 PM)
If someone enters a shopping mall and starts firing a gun, does that someone deserve sympathy? If someone drives a car while drunk, does that someone deserve sympathy?

Gotta agree with that...

terrible analogy. I'm not defending either, just expressing opinion about the analogy.

How is it a terrible analogy? I have no sympathy for someone who drives while intoxicated, you up the chances of killing someone. Why does a drunk driver deserve sympathy over someone shooting a gun with innocent people around?

shooting a gun with innocent people around or shooting inside a shopping mall?

We need to make our mind up here.

You are comparing the premeditated action of a (I'm assuming) sober individual and the decision of a person not in control of all of their faculties to engage in dangerous behavior. The two situations are not similar enough to be together in an analogy. My opinion. You may not agree, that's cool.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 09:36 PM)
If someone enters a shopping mall and starts firing a gun, does that someone deserve sympathy? If someone drives a car while drunk, does that someone deserve sympathy?

Gotta agree with that...

terrible analogy. I'm not defending either, just expressing opinion about the analogy.

How is it a terrible analogy? I have no sympathy for someone who drives while intoxicated, you up the chances of killing someone. Why does a drunk driver deserve sympathy over someone shooting a gun with innocent people around?

You are comparing the premeditated action of a (I'm assuming) sober individual and the decision of a person not in control of all of their faculties to engage in dangerous behavior. The two situations are not similar enough to be together in an analogy. My opinion. You may not agree, that's cool.

Sorry for the lack of detail and consistency in my posts!

My point is neither deserves much sympathy. I don't think being drunk is an excuse for potential outcomes. People know when they are going to cross the line when it comes to drinking.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 23 2011, 09:44 PM)

Gotta agree with that...

My point is neither deserves much sympathy. I don't think being drunk is an excuse for potential outcomes. People know when they are going to cross the line when it comes to drinking.

trink39.gif

Agreed.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 09:49 PM)

Gotta agree with that...

trink39.gif

Agreed.

That's how adults work shit out. trink39.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2011, 10:05 PM)

Gotta agree with that...

trink39.gif

Agreed.

We don;t want to put you out of business so we'll stir up some shit somewhere in here. wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 11:12 PM)

Gotta agree with that...

trink39.gif

Agreed.

We don;t want to put you out of business so we'll stir up some shit somewhere in here. wink.gif laugh.gif

Very civic-minded of you. laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 24 2011, 12:26 AM)
When it comes to drunks and alcoholics, I get very sensitive. I cannot be in the same room with someone who's really wasted.

Kind of getting off thread track but....

Didn't you go to Rushcon a few times? Are you telling me that none of those Rush fans were wasted? Or did you just go back to your hotel room after the Rushcon activities?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2011, 08:58 PM)
When it comes to drunks and alcoholics, I get very sensitive. I cannot be in the same room with someone who's really wasted.

Didn't you go to Rushcon a few times? Are you telling me that none of those Rush fans were wasted? Or did you just go back to your hotel room after the Rushcon activities?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2011, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 23 2011, 11:12 PM)

Gotta agree with that...

trink39.gif

Agreed.

Very civic-minded of you. laugh.gif

"Drama" is good for cyber business. It's all about the hits.

Signed,

yes.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 23 2011, 11:58 PM)

The people I hung out with didn't get wasted. For the most part, people seemed to be sober or somewhat drunk.

It's sad that people think they need to get drunk or stoned in order to have a good time. It's not impressive. One guy at RushCon got really wasted the night of the tribute band concert and you could tell his girlfriend was not amused.

If somebody wants to get wasted, it is his or her personal business. Which is why I leave them to their business. They're on their own.

edit: when I said that I didn't want to be in the same room, I meant if I was alone in the room with that other person. In a situation like RushCon, I just hang out with the sober people and avoid the drunks.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 23 2011, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jun 23 2011, 01:59 AM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 22 2011, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 22 2011, 10:10 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 22 2011, 10:04 PM)
Doesn't matter who was driving or whether the driver was intoxicated. Over 100mph on a public road? The passenger should've picked a better friend to drive him home. Don't these people have enough money to pay for a cab? Dicks..... RIP is a little too kind.

Id venture to guess that *everyone* who owns a Porche 911 GT3 hasd driven it in excess of 100mph on a public road.

That is all.

If that's true then I hope each and everyone of them who gets caught is punished as harshly as the local law allows. That is pure douchebaggery.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc254/recrdholdr/0000-7819-4Top-Fuel-Dragster-Burnou.jpg

Hah, I've been listening to Monster Magnet recently. What album's Dead Christmas on?

It's on the album Dopes To Infinity.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 20 2011, 11:06 AM)
I am proud to say, I have no idea who this guy is. atickhum.gif

When you live like a fool, you will probably die like a fool.

Yeah, I really don't care either. Less so if he was speeding or intoxicated. And good job, killing someone else in your car too. Awesome job, Vince Neil!

Jackass is right. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 28 2011, 11:38 AM)

Yeah, I really don't care either. Less so if he was speeding or intoxicated. And good job, killing someone else in your car too. Awesome job, Vince Neil!

O'ffended! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 28 2011, 10:48 AM)

O'ffended! ohmy.gif

What's to be offended about with a guy speeding and legally drunk?

If you didn't know the guy as a celebrity and heard about this on your local news involving some yokel in your home town you'd say "Sad...BUT that's what you get when you irresponsibly get behind the wheel drunk and speeding." Fact.

Because we "know" and "like" the guy from the TV that makes it more tragic?

f**k that. He was drunk and speeding and could've hurt a lot more than himself and his passenger. Let's call the guy out for being irresponsible instead. It sucks he had to die and his friend too, but that's what you risk when you drive drunk...famous or that nameless dude who's in your paper this morning that you probably didn't even notice when you skipped over it to the sports section. biggrin.gif

The way we martyr celebrities -- especially stupid ones -- is ridiculous.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 28 2011, 11:56 AM)

O'ffended! ohmy.gif

If you didn't know the guy as a celebrity and heard about this on your local news you'd say "Sad...BUT that's what you get when you irresponsibly get behind the wheel drunk and speeding." Fact.

f**k that. He was drunk and speeding and could've hurt a lot more than himself and his passenger. Let's call the guy out for being irresponsible instead.

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you on the matter. I'm not going to pretend to have sympathy for those who are so stupid as to take a drink and put themselves at risk.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 28 2011, 10:59 AM)

O'ffended! ohmy.gif

If you didn't know the guy as a celebrity and heard about this on your local news you'd say "Sad...BUT that's what you get when you irresponsibly get behind the wheel drunk and speeding." Fact.

f**k that. He was drunk and speeding and could've hurt a lot more than himself and his passenger. Let's call the guy out for being irresponsible instead.

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you on the matter. I'm not going to pretend to have sympathy for those who are so stupid as to take a drink and put themselves at risk.

Well then my comment goes out to anyone legitmately "put off" by the tonality of this man's critics, even if it's not you. tongue.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 28 2011, 10:59 AM)

O'ffended! ohmy.gif

They put more than just themselves at risk! angry.gif

10 pages, holy shit laugh.gif This Jackass is getting more attention than he should

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2011, 01:29 PM)
10 pages, holy shit laugh.gif This Jackass is getting more attention than he should

Is it me or are there more threads than ever with people just arguing for the sake of it? Shit, most of us are in the northern hemisphere. get outside and do something!

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 28 2011, 10:07 PM)
10 pages, holy shit laugh.gif  This Jackass is getting more attention than he should

Is it me or are there more threads than ever with people just arguing for the sake of it? Shit, most of us are in the northern hemisphere. get outside and do something!

Ironic that you say that from your computer or phone. Were you outside doing something when you wrote that? wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 29 2011, 12:07 PM)
10 pages, holy shit laugh.gif  This Jackass is getting more attention than he should

http://www.suite101.com/content/summer-hea...ing-off-a376111