Dedicated To Chaos

metaldad

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 16 2011, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (teababe27 @ Jun 16 2011, 01:46 AM)
New video for "Wot We Do." It isn't that good, like I expected.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=159474

Wow, this is one of the worse songs I ever heard and the video is shit. Plus, who the f**k spells "what" "wot"???

Pink Floyd did on "Wot's...uh the Deal" off of "Obscured by Clouds". Odds are, that's where they got the title.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 16 2011, 09:48 PM)

Wow, this is one of the worse songs I ever heard and the video is shit. Plus, who the f**k spells "what" "wot"???

Pink Floyd did on "Wot's...uh the Deal" off of "Obscured by Clouds". Odds are, that's where they got the title.

Never heard that PF song before, but I'm sure its better than Wot We Got.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 16 2011, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 16 2011, 09:48 PM)

Never heard that PF song before, but I'm sure its better than Wot We Got.

yes.gif Much better!!

I was in the store today getting the new Deep Purple cd/dvd and saw it on the self. The back cover has a pic of the band and they look like aging drag queens laugh.gif . This crap is all over internetland now and i really think that this will be the worst selling album they ever did.

QUOTE (teababe27 @ Jun 16 2011, 12:46 AM)

Because I used to be such a huge Queensryche fan years ago, i've been avoiding hearing the new song for fear of how bad it is.

But holy f**k that was worse than I could've ever imagined they could do. Seriously guys just end it already. It's not even sad anymore it's flat out embarrassing what they've become.

Honestly how the f**k does Tate think a song like that is good enough to record and release?

Maybe Tate hopes if the band gets bad enough DeGarmo will come back and save them. But not even DeGarmo can restore any credibility back to the bands name after something like this sad.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 28 2011, 06:18 PM)

Because I used to be such a huge Queensryche fan years ago, i've been avoiding hearing the new song for fear of how bad it is.

But holy f**k that was worse than I could've ever imagined they could do. Seriously guys just end it already. It's not even sad anymore it's flat out embarrassing what they've become.

Honestly how the f**k does Tate think a song like that is good enough to record and release?

Maybe Tate hopes if the band gets bad enough DeGarmo will come back and save them. But not even DeGarmo can restore any credibility back to the bands name after something like this sad.gif

Maybe this is Tate's way of ending it, release something so shit that they just have to quit...

Here's a review from sea of tranquility, maybe they like it...?? No??

Queensryche: Dedicated to Chaos

I'll be honest. Even though I've heard each and every Queensryche album, the last one I bought was Tribe. I hadn't liked the previous two discs before that one either, so I just gave up on them. Up to (and including Promised Land) everything they have done remains untouchable in my book.

That said, I had no idea Queensryche could release such an abysmal album. This is the lowest of the low, the worst of the worst. It is obvious this band is Queensryche in name only. Geoff Tate brings back Kelly Gray as well as another bunch of 'outsiders' in order to write the most hideous album of his career. From the awful opener "Get Started" to the horrific "Got It Bad" (is this the worst song ever?) to the ridiculously pathetic "Luvn' U" and "Wot We Do" as well as the final song "Big Noize" (yeah, right), this has got to be a joke. I refuse to accept that either Tate's solo album or Q2K were as embarrassing as these. *Everything* is compressed to the max and mastered so loud that no matter how you play these songs, be it on headphones, your main system, or your car, it sounds like your ears are being raped by a huge, messy bass-driven sound and Tate's semi-sung, semi-spoken drivel. He simply gives a half-hearted performance here. At least he could have put some passion into his singing, as I still hold the view that he has a rich voice he could make use of with the right material. Wilton hasn't written or co-written anything on this one, and I doubt he would have been interested. As a result, his guitar is hardly audible in the mix, and some songs are so bass-centric that there is no room for the guitars. I'm not saying he should have had more creative input or Chris DeGarmo should come back, because honestly, no one can save this band anymore. Not even Tate himself.

I wish I had never heard this disc.

laugh.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 30 2011, 02:50 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 28 2011, 06:18 PM)

Maybe this is Tate's way of ending it, release something so shit that they just have to quit...

Here's a review from sea of tranquility, maybe they like it...?? No??

Queensryche: Dedicated to Chaos

I'll be honest. Even though I've heard each and every Queensryche album, the last one I bought was Tribe. I hadn't liked the previous two discs before that one either, so I just gave up on them. Up to (and including Promised Land) everything they have done remains untouchable in my book.

That said, I had no idea Queensryche could release such an abysmal album. This is the lowest of the low, the worst of the worst. It is obvious this band is Queensryche in name only. Geoff Tate brings back Kelly Gray as well as another bunch of 'outsiders' in order to write the most hideous album of his career. From the awful opener "Get Started" to the horrific "Got It Bad" (is this the worst song ever?) to the ridiculously pathetic "Luvn' U" and "Wot We Do" as well as the final song "Big Noize" (yeah, right), this has got to be a joke. I refuse to accept that either Tate's solo album or Q2K were as embarrassing as these. *Everything* is compressed to the max and mastered so loud that no matter how you play these songs, be it on headphones, your main system, or your car, it sounds like your ears are being raped by a huge, messy bass-driven sound and Tate's semi-sung, semi-spoken drivel. He simply gives a half-hearted performance here. At least he could have put some passion into his singing, as I still hold the view that he has a rich voice he could make use of with the right material. Wilton hasn't written or co-written anything on this one, and I doubt he would have been interested. As a result, his guitar is hardly audible in the mix, and some songs are so bass-centric that there is no room for the guitars. I'm not saying he should have had more creative input or Chris DeGarmo should come back, because honestly, no one can save this band anymore. Not even Tate himself.

I wish I had never heard this disc.

laugh.gif cool10.gif

I've heard the songs from DTC and I refuse to buy it...and I've got every single CD they've ever released. Plus, I've seen them about 10 times over the years.

Utterly disappointed with this new release. While their live shows have never disappointed me, I'm going to (sadly) skip this tour, even though they are playing at my favorite venue in St. Louis, The Pageant. That's how much I think this new CD sucks!!

QUOTE (tjtull @ Jun 30 2011, 10:47 AM)

Utterly disappointed with this new release.  While their live shows have never disappointed me, I'm going to (sadly) skip this tour, even though they are playing at my favorite venue in St. Louis, The Pageant.  That's how much I think this new CD sucks!!

When I saw that they were going to be at the Pageant I thought about getting tickets and then I listened to the album and I thought there is no way in hell that I want to hear any of those songs live especially "Wot We Do." 062802puke_prv.gif I don't care if it is the 30th anniversary tour, I don't have any interest in seeing Ming the Vocaless trying to sing. Maybe Mike, Eddie and Scott will leave this sinking ship after this tour so Geoff can stop pissing on the Queensryche name, this clearly has been his band since Chris left.

This is so sad. When the 1st Mindcrime came out, they were one of my top 5 bands. They could have been legends like Rush, but now they are just a joke.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 30 2011, 12:15 PM)
This is so sad. When the 1st Mindcrime came out, they were one of my top 5 bands. They could have been legends like Rush, but now they are just a joke.

Just forget about the new stuff and the latter day incarnation of the band, think of the band ONLY from 1983 to 1994 and you'll feel much better...that's what I do and I'm happy.

cool.gif

They were on top of the Rock world in the early 90's. Empire may have been a bit too commecial, but it was still really good, IMO. They were on the verge of becoming uber-famous, like you said. But it was all downhill after Empire. Tate started getting all sensitive.... sharing his feelings with all of us. confused13.gif

They got LOST. It was as if they didn't know what they wanted to be - a cutting-edge hard rock band or some mainstream pop-rock show, like U2.

Oh well....I still play my Mindcrime and Empire.... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 30 2011, 04:43 PM)

They were on top of the Rock world in the early 90's. Empire may have been a bit too commecial, but it was still really good, IMO. They were on the verge of becoming uber-famous, like you said. But it was all downhill after Empire. Tate started getting all sensitive.... sharing his feelings with all of us. confused13.gif

They got LOST. It was as if they didn't know what they wanted to be - a cutting-edge hard rock band or some mainstream pop-rock show, like U2.

Oh well....I still play my Mindcrime and Empire.... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Don't forget the EP, Rage for Order and The Warning!

1022.gif

Sadly, and I say this as a HUGE Queensryche fan, I won't be buying this album, either. In my opinion, Dedicated to Chaos, makes American Soldier (which was mediocre, at best) sound like Empire...can't believe I actually said that, but i did, and it's true ph34r.gif

It's very upsetting to see a band that was as revolutionary as QR, just nosedive into a complete mess, and an obvious attitude of "We really don't give a sh*t anymore..." sad.gif

At least I still have Clockwork Angels and Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events to look forward too... yes.gif

Regarding Dedicated To Chaos, Geoff Tate recently told Paul Anthony of U.K.'s Rock Radio, "It's kind of like an 'Empire' record set 25 years in the future. [Laughs] It's a very listenable record.

Riiiiight.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jun 30 2011, 07:11 PM)
Sadly, and I say this as a HUGE Queensryche fan, I won't be buying this album, either. In my opinion, Dedicated to Chaos, makes American Soldier (which was mediocre, at best) sound like Empire...can't believe I actually said that, but i did, and it's true ph34r.gif
It's very upsetting to see a band that was as revolutionary as QR, just nosedive into a complete mess, and an obvious attitude of "We really don't give a sh*t anymore..." sad.gif

At least I still have Clockwork Angels and Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events to look forward too... yes.gif

This x1000000.

What are you guys talking about, this is a GREAT album!! I'd say it's one of my top 3 QR albums:

1 - Operation Mindcrime I

2 - Dedicated to Chaos

3 - Empire

You guys are nuts!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I've never seen a band dive so deep into shit after a streak of instant classics like their lat 80's - early 90's work. What were they thinking??????

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Jun 30 2011, 08:03 PM)
What are you guys talking about, this is a GREAT album!! I'd say it's one of my top 3 QR albums:

1 - Operation Mindcrime I

2 - Dedicated to Chaos

3 - Empire

You guys are nuts!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I've never seen a band dive so deep into shit after a streak of instant classics like their lat 80's - early 90's work. What were they thinking??????

Good one!

I keep buying all of the Ryche shit no matter if it sucks or is good. That "covers" album was a piece of shit too.

"Dedicated To Excrement" is the biggest dog poo of the year.