in-n-out burger opened in texas

fledgehog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...ints-Texas.html

"If you know anyone from Southern California, you've probably heard them wax poetic about In-N-Out Burger.

The legendary family-run chain is now winning over legions of new fans, but farther east than ever before as two new restaurants open in the north Texas towns of Frisco and Allen.

Cars lined up as far as two miles for the drive-thrus, and fans spent the night in the parking lot, for the chance to get a bite of the first In-N-Out burgers east of Arizona."

"Danielle DeInnocentes of The Colony, Texas, broke into tears after she bit into a Double-Double, a famous In-N-Out sandwich made from two meat patties and two slices of cheese.

Ms DeInnocentes is originally from Rialto, California, and in a video posted online, she says she is ecstatic that In-N-Out opened a restaurant two miles from her house."

....only in america fing.gif

I've heard the same reactions about Chick-fil-A (or something like that, is that the name of the chain?). It's supposedly the best fast food chicken in the nation, but most of them are down south, I believe..

Bursting into tears over a burger is a little bit out there, though..

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 04:24 PM)
I've heard the same reactions about Chick-fil-A (or something like that, is that the name of the chain?). It's supposedly the best fast food chicken in the nation, but most of them are down south, I believe..

Chick Fil A is good but not out of this world fantastic, IMO. They are concentrated in the South but are as far north and west as Lexington KY at least.

QUOTE (umoveme @ May 13 2011, 04:26 PM)
5 GUYS!!!!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

They're okay.. tongue.gif

IMO the best burgers are made with OMAHA BEEF, slow-cooked on a grill until they're perfect, and served on your own back porch.

As far as fast food goes, yeah, 5 Guys is pretty good. I haven't gone anywhere better, but I tend to not get burgers from fast food places.

I feel I've overused the Picard facepalm...but this definetely merits one.

http://donald-harris.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/picard-facepalm2.jpg

People crying over a fast food joint!? Really? I had a look at the pictures in the actual article and do hope the overnight parked and two mile line ups are fabricated reports or extreme exaggerations.

I would rather make my own burgers + a salad and waste 45 minutes of my time than wait in a line up even a fraction of the size of the one shown in the article. Odds are my meal will taste a hell of a lot better and be infinetely healthier than a meal from a fast food joint.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 05:24 PM)

Yes it is, I just had some earlier biggrin.gif

I know the rule about opinions, but here, it's pretty much an accepted and established fact that Chick-fil-A makes God-tier food. If you ever come down south, you have to have a Chick-fil-A sandwich.... oh, and some Ice Dream, too! yes.gif

Funny, earlier today I thought to myself that I was really in the mood for some In-N-Out.. Will be getting some later.

Californians absolutely love the stuff, so much that it's without a doubt overrated.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 13 2011, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 04:24 PM)

Chick Fil A is good but not out of this world fantastic, IMO. They are concentrated in the South but are as far north and west as Lexington KY at least.

Owensboro, KY is farther west and there's one there. I believe there's one in New York...not sure though. I've only had Chick-Fil-A once while in Indiana, and it is good yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 13 2011, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 13 2011, 05:24 PM)

Yes it is, I just had some earlier biggrin.gif

I know the rule about opinions, but here, it's pretty much an accepted and established fact that Chick-fil-A makes God-tier food. If you ever come down south, you have to have a Chick-fil-A sandwich.... oh, and some Ice Dream, too! yes.gif

I knew I should have gone to one when I was in North Carolina. Everyone said they were good but it looked like a regular fast food restaurant to me.

-Chick-fil-a has the greatest chicken nuggets ever. The sauce is heavenly.

-In-n-out animal style is probably the best hamburger I've ever had.

-If you ever go to Beck's Prime, order the baked potato. It is very, very good. Also, if you ever go to Texas, you absolutely MUST visit Whataburger. Their food is legendary.

I love the South

Edited by An Enemy Without

QUOTE (hunter @ May 13 2011, 10:28 PM)
In N Out fries rule, but here in SD Hodads has THE BEST burger I have ever had. Shed a tear good? No food is that good. IMHO. trink39.gif

I dunno, get something spicy enough and you might shed a few tears.. tongue.gif

(Hey, the hotter the better! It's worth the pain!)

In-n-Out is getting closer to me, maybe eventually they will make it to Colorado, though I would much prefer White Castle wink.gif . Chik-fil- has great chicken nuggets and fries.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ May 13 2011, 08:47 PM)
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is where it's at yes.gif

I'm weeping just thinking about their food sad.gif

Just had Five Guys for lunch yesterday. The best burgers there are, especially for a restaurant of its type.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 13 2011, 11:44 PM)
if you ever go to Texas, you absolutely MUST visit Whataburger. Their food is legendary.

I doubt there is a better burger in the states than Whataburger, If I lived near one I would eat them every day!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 14 2011, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ May 13 2011, 08:47 PM)
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is where it's at yes.gif

I'm weeping just thinking about their food sad.gif

Just had Five Guys for lunch yesterday. The best burgers there are, especially for a restaurant of its type.

I just went there the other day. The fries are the best.

QUOTE (MCM @ May 14 2011, 03:30 PM)
if you ever go to Texas, you absolutely MUST visit Whataburger. Their food is legendary.

I doubt there is a better burger in the states than Whataburger, If I lived near one I would eat them every day!

+1

If you live in Cali, sure...In-n-Out.

If you live in Tx...Whataburger.

(lived in both...like them both...don't cry for either)

QUOTE (MCM @ May 14 2011, 04:30 PM)

They opened a few of them here a couple of years ago and the only people crying are the owners. They all shut down pretty quickly. I liked the jalapeno cheeseburger. Sonic is also slowly going away here. There may only be a couple left at this point.

Chick Fil A? It's ok. Honestly, the McDonalds Southern style chicken sandwich is so close in taste.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 15 2011, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ May 14 2011, 04:30 PM)

They opened a few of them here a couple of years ago and the only people crying are the owners. They all shut down pretty quickly. I liked the jalapeno cheeseburger. Sonic is also slowly going away here. There may only be a couple left at this point.

Chick Fil A? It's ok. Honestly, the McDonalds Southern style chicken sandwich is so close in taste.

Amen on Chick-Fil-A. It's good, but not good enough to justify the cost for a smallish chicken sandwich. The chicken biscuits are good, though.

We have a local chain called Martin's that makes the BEST chicken biscuits around, however. They are huge, about the size of a McD's Quarter Pounder, and soooo good, because the biscuits are made with. . .get ready for it. . .LARD. The way it should be done. yes.gif