RUSH Fanbois or RUSH Trolls

PumpkinHead

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta agree. Fanbois, ftfl. Fawning over members, saying that Geddy still sounds great. (Bullshit, your living in a dreamworld if you think he's still even remotely close to singing Freewill, or 2112 correctly. PROTIP: If you CAN'T understand him, he's doing it wrong.)

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 1 2011, 03:38 PM)
Gotta agree. Fanbois, ftfl. Fawning over members, saying that Geddy still sounds great. (Bullshit, your living in a dreamworld if you think he's still even remotely close to singing Freewill, or 2112 correctly. PROTIP: If you CAN'T understand him, he's doing it wrong.)

This coming from the guy that's trying to make that rainbow cat piece of crap! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 1 2011, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 1 2011, 03:38 PM)

This coming from the guy that's trying to make that rainbow cat piece of crap! rofl3.gif

Err, what? Alas, I did laugh at one of the responses. It was hilarious.

But no seriously, they need to DT that shit.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 1 2011, 04:38 PM)

So you're saying I'm a fanboy for thinking he sings them better now? I don't know about you, but I can clearly understand the words in 2112 and Freewill. Only in Toronto last year did I finally realise what the lyrics to the high pitched part of Freewill was. Up until then I thought the lyrics were jumbled nonsense: "Each other, self-unawareness, infallible so I think I'll leave. And then I glanced, with one song and dance, an unfortunateness far too free."

Aside from being clearer in Freewill, I actually really like 2112 a step down. It gives it a darker touch and a whole lot of balls. The original is still slightly better overall (seeing as how Oracle: The Dream is my favourite part), but I have the right to like live version of the temples more.

Geddy does sound better for some songs, worse for others.

ON TOPIC: I'd say it's a combination of both fanboys and trolls. The fanboys are easier to deal with (after all, this is a 2.gif message board, some people are bound to think everything they do is amazing) while trolls are just flat out idiots who post stupidities for the reaction they get out of members.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 1 2011, 04:22 PM)
Since when is it pathetic to be a Rush fan on a Rush fan messageboard? confused13.gif

Nothing wrong with that. Pumpy is talking about the people who fawn over the band in an unnatural way, unable to take any criticism aimed the band's way, and who are closedminded to other ideas. Criticizing the band does not make someone a troll.

That said, while threads criticizing the band are a natural part of message board life and makes for interesting and necessary debate, sometimes you get a small group of people who seem to be on a mission to spread as much negativity as they can because it amuses them to do so, in the form of a lot of threads -- more than the normal amount. And many here feel that's what we're seeing right now.

The last thing we want is a forum with 100% "Yay, Rush are GODS!" threads. This isn't Rush's Magical Kingdom. But people shouldn't come here and have to wade through a shitload of redundant "Neil SUCKS!" threads either.

This thread is very happy. trink36.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 1 2011, 02:04 PM)
Since when is it pathetic to be a Rush fan on a Rush fan messageboard? confused13.gif

Nothing wrong with that. Pumpy is talking about the people who fawn over the band in an unnatural way, unable to take any criticism aimed the band's way, and who are closedminded to other ideas. Criticizing the band does not make someone a troll.

That said, while threads criticizing the band are a natural part of message board life and makes for interesting and necessary debate, sometimes you get a small group of people who seem to be on a mission to spread as much negativity as they can because it amuses them to do so, in the form of a lot of threads -- more than the normal amount. And many here feel that's what we're seeing right now.

The last thing we want is a forum with 100% "Yay, Rush are GODS!" threads. This isn't Rush's Magical Kingdom. But people shouldn't come here and have to wade through a shitload of redundant "Neil SUCKS!" threads either.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 1 2011, 04:04 PM)

Wait a minute... this isn't Rush's Magical Kingdom... are you saying I HAVE TO TAKE DOWN MY DISNEY RUSH SIGNATURE?! tongue.gif

The bashing is what gets me. I'm all about critiquing them and saying, "yeah, Geddy's voice is going down hill" because he cannot help it, but bashing them? No. And I'm sick of all of the Neil topics. That's getting old.

Pumpy is talking about the people who fawn over the band in an unnatural way, unable to take any criticism aimed the band's way, and who are closedminded to other ideas. Criticizing the band does not make someone a troll.

What he said...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Pumpy likes 1-0-0-1-0-0-1's brain!!!

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ May 1 2011, 03:18 PM)
Pumpy is talking about the people who fawn over the band in an unnatural way, unable to take any criticism aimed the band's way, and who are closedminded to other ideas. Criticizing the band does not make someone a troll.

What he said...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Pumpy likes 1-0-0-1-0-0-1's brain!!!

same here....way too many people unable to take criticism......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 1 2011, 04:22 PM)
way too many people unable to take criticism......

And this is one of the main problems with this country......

It use to be filled with thick-skinned people.

Now it is filled with pussies! cat.gif

Semper Fi

althogh the thread is on the up-and-up i noticed...btw the girl i brought to the show said she liked geddy the best i was pleasantly surprised. cause he was playin' shit with his feet yes.gif NOICE

Pumpy is a TROLL of the first order, a loathesome specimin. He pretends to be a TROLL but is a crawly-bumlick fanboi of the first order. That is why he pretends to be a TROLL.

OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA OVERTHROW YOUR POLICE STATE FASCIST JUNTA, or you will end up an impoverished third world pseudo state like Chily Jockoland.

Oh, FANBOIS are the worst.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 1 2011, 05:45 PM)
Pumpy is a TROLL of the first order, a loathesome specimin.

You are a bitter old bastage!

Go back into your hole, Mr. Troll Lover!!!

By the way, you suck and you need a good tasing......

Shalom

I find that fanbois are more irritating. I think that some of them hope Neil, Alex, or Geddy will be their new best friend simply for calling out somebody who has been critical of an album, song, etc...

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 1 2011, 05:45 PM)
Pumpy is a TROLL of the first order, a loathesome specimin. He pretends to be a TROLL but is a crawly-bumlick fanboi of the first order. That is why he pretends to be a TROLL.

OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA OVERTHROW YOUR POLICE STATE FASCIST JUNTA, or you will end up an impoverished third world pseudo state like Chily Jockoland.

Oh, FANBOIS are the worst.

You are interesting because you are almost a troll, but I would never call you one. Your vitriol towards Neal is silly, but keep on exercising that free speech while we still have it.

I was not called a fanboiii, but I was told I had no critical thinking because I would not pick a peak era for the band. I am following the career and will do so until the end, but I don't think I'm a fanboeeeee. Some of my earliest entries on this forum were expressions of distaste for Alex's 80s guitar sound.

Having said that I will say this: Trolls can be a large pain in the backdoor, but fanbois a total pussies and we don't need any more as fans, a species or a planet.

"fanboi" is usually pretty subjective. I'm sure lots of people would call someone a fanboy for saying that Ged's voice is stronger now than it's ever been but some would agree. Trolls are easy to spot.

Archived