Jacobs Ladder

D3strukt

It sucks.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif JUST KIDDING. JACOBS LADDER IS THE BEST TRACK OFF OF PeW. REVIVE IT GREAT MASTERS!

Jacobs Ladder for '12.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif common001.gif 1287.gif dazed025.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Never been super hip to it myself. I see the appeal, but I alway tend to think placing right after Spirit and Freewill was a bad choice. I think the song drags down the tempo of the album, and it never quite recovers. I enjoy the version on Exit... a bit more.

edit: wording

Edited by zogoto

I've never really been that keen on the song. It's great musically, but just never could get into it. Not my favorite off PeW.

I love Jacob's Ladder and hope that they play it on the CA Tour next year. 2.gif

If I live to hundred I will never skip a song on a Rush album.

I was not to keen on JL at first. It always kind of melted into the background. Then I got the MFSL version of Permanent Waves and had it cranked up and I just had a real awakening to Alex's guitar on that song and the whole thing became a favorite quite suddenly.

I would also love to hear it live on the next tour.

Good song with an awesome Lerxst solo, but easily my least favorite off PeW. It's just that the other songs are so GOOD. It kind of drags on and slows down the album. The PeW tracklisting should have been

1. Spirit of Radio

2. Freewill

3. Entre Nous

4. Jacob's Ladder

5. Different Strings wub.gif

6. Natural Science

Of course, that wouldn't have worked on vinyl, but that would have sounded better, IMO.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 2 2011, 01:02 PM)

You must have given up playing them then...

QUOTE (Oracle @ May 1 2011, 09:36 PM)
I've never really been that keen on the song. It's great musically, but just never could get into it. Not my favorite off PeW.

I second this.

It could just be the fact that most everyone on the board treats hearing the song like it's the second coming, but I just think it drags on without much to remember afterwards (besides the giant vocoder break in the middle), especially in the context of such other great songs. It's between Jacob's Ladder and Entre Nous for my least favorite on PeW.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 2 2011, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 2 2011, 01:02 PM)

You must have given up playing them then...

No, I put the cd on and push play. Goad me all you want, but I will not become cynical cranky butt like you. tongue.gif

One of Alex Lifeson's finest moments on record.

QUOTE (Todem @ May 2 2011, 08:40 PM)
One of Alex Lifeson's finest moments on record.

yes! i love the dual guitar. i like it on ESL, but i miss the double guitar. the album version is amazing. pretty much my favorite song on that album.

I cliked the link too. It's not as good as "Our" Jacob's Ladder. lol

I like Jacob's Ladder. It's a pretty good tune, not my favorite from PeW, but up there. I think Entre Nous is my favorite.. or at least tied with Spirit of Radio and Freewill.