OLV > Far Cry

SeamusWiles

Gonna have to go with One Little Victory.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what people like about One Little Victory. I really don't like Geddy's vocals on it, and it really sounds like all three of them are forcing it to me. I've always disliked the way they revive it when it should be over too. Far Cry isn't on par with the finest Rush but it's way better than One Little Victory. Also, One Little Victory is one of the few songs where my feelings on it didn't improve hearing it live, which to me is where Rush songs truly come alive.

QUOTE (moving_signals @ Apr 30 2011, 10:23 AM)
I don't understand what people like about One Little Victory. I really don't like Geddy's vocals on it, and it really sounds like all three of them are forcing it to me. I've always disliked the way they revive it when it should be over too. Far Cry isn't on par with the finest Rush but it's way better than One Little Victory. Also, One Little Victory is one of the few songs where my feelings on it didn't improve hearing it live, which to me is where Rush songs truly come alive.

I feel the same way about Far Cry. It sounds like they were "phoning it in" on that entire album. I honestly don't understand how any Rush fan can like S&A

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 30 2011, 11:46 AM)
I feel the same way about Far Cry. It sounds like they were "phoning it in" on that entire album. I honestly don't understand how any Rush fan can like S&A

fing.gif

I do feel they phoned in VT, but certainly not S&A. I honestly can't understand how any Rush fan cannot absolutely love Far Cry, Armor & Sword and Workin' Them Angels. Absolute Rush classics all three. yes.gif 1022.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 30 2011, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 29 2011, 09:03 PM)
One Little Victory is such a superior song it isn't even fair. It's like comparing Moving Pictures and Presto.

agreed. olv is great. far cry just ok.

Far Cry is ok. OLV is good. Caravan/BU2B are great.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Apr 30 2011, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 30 2011, 08:09 AM)
One Little Victory is such a superior song it isn't even fair. It's like comparing Moving Pictures and Presto.

agreed. olv is great. far cry just ok.

Far Cry is ok. OLV is good. Caravan/BU2B are great.

I would switch OLV to OK and Far Cry to good, but I completely concur with the assessment of Caravan and BU2B.

I don't compare them. No need to. I just blast them both and jam.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 30 2011, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 30 2011, 10:47 PM)
Both of these songs rock.  I prefer Far Cry; but like both of them.  Properly mastered, Id like OLV even more, bua ha ha haaaa!

how about the remix on Retro 3?

I dont have that...

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 30 2011, 11:57 PM)
Who cares; "We Hold On" and "How It Is" are better anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/Iouga.gif

yea better if you want to fall asleep...

Farcry has better vocal melodies but OLV has better music IMO

Uh... no.