The Owl

What is the superior side on Pink Floyd's "The Wall"  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is the superior side on Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

• Side 1
    • Side 2
    • Side 3
    • Side 4

Sorry for not posting this yesterday, but the weekend wore me out.. so here is week 2 of the weekly album polls, this week on the chopping block, Pink Floyd's Album "The Wall"

--------SIDE 1-------

- In The Flesh?

- The Thin Ice

- Another Brick in the Wall pt.1

- The Happiest Days of our Lives

- Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2

- Mother

-------SIDE 2--------

- Goodbye Blue Sky

- Empty Spaces

- Young Lust

- One of my Turns

- Don't Leave me Now

- Another Brick in the Wall pt. 3

- Goodbye Cruel World

------SIDE 3--------

- Hey You

- Is there Anybody Out There

- Nobody Home

- Vera

- Bring the Boys Back Home

- Comfortably Numb

-----SIDE 4----------

- The Show Must Go On

- In the Flesh

- Run Like Hell

- Waiting for the Worms

- Stop

- The Trial

- Outside the Wall

love the album. this is a hard choice for me. my favorite tracks are spread out through the entire thing. i'll have to go with side four because of in the flesh, run like hell and waiting for the worms. its a hard call though.

1st: Side 3- The most solid and consistent side, and other than "Is there anybody Out there" All tracks are solid and some of the best on the album... it is also the chunk of The Wall where David Gilmour's work gets to shine (Hey You, and Comfortably Numb) in an otherwise Waters Dominated album. For these reasons I chose side 3

2nd: Side 4- Probably the most energetic side of The Wall with some very great songs... "In The Flesh", "Run Like Hell", "Waiting For The Worms" all very great songs... I even like the gimmicky "The Trial" still a very solid side, but not as musically good as side 3/

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 26 2011, 09:27 AM)
1st: Side 3- The most solid and consistent side, and other than "Is there anybody Out there" All tracks are solid and some of the best on the album... it is also the chunk of The Wall where David Gilmour's work gets to shine (Hey You, and Comfortably Numb) in an otherwise Waters Dominated album. For these reasons I chose side 3

If it weren't for the fact that Gilmour didn't perform the "Is There Anybody Out There?" solo, I think side 3 would get a lot more attention. He could have made it so much better than Ron Di Blasi.

Side 3 is the clear winner in this poll..

For anyone who is interested the album sides for week 3/volume 3 is a Rush album this week and will be in the main forum instead of MOTS...

Wow, it was actually really difficult to choose! I mean, I love the whole album, and all of the sides are great in their own way. But, in the end, I'll have to go with the majority and say side 3. It's probably my most played side, come to think of it.