Have you ever??

Lost In Xanadu

Yes. I have enough smarts about me to know that you do not ever complain about food in a restaurant. I've seen first-hand what chefs do when a plate comes back.

Do you think you could go a full day without using a mirror? (For women, that means no mirror to use for applying makeup or styling your hair. For men, no mirror when shaving or fixing your hair.)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Not unless you count two of my ex-boyfriends..(!) http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Have you ever sung in the shower?

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 29 2012, 02:05 PM)
Have you ever sung in the shower?

you bet. Have a shower radio and the other day, TSOR was played. It wasn't until after I got out that I realized

1) The window was open

2) My neighbor was gardening

Have you ever done a crappy job at something just so you didn't have to do it again?

When we were growing up, my brother and I made a huge mess when my dad made us paint the fence, never were asked to do it again http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

I've tried! Believe me, I have tried but everytime it backfires. Either I've been asked to do it again or my half-ass job was still good enough to pass.

Have you ever spearheaded a board meeting?

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 30 2012, 09:24 PM)
No - never.

Have you ever had to pee really bad, and when you finally got the chance to, the feeling of euphoria made you dizzy?

Nope.

Have you ever seen a UFO?

Possibly.

I worked at a warehouse back in 1997 and one day I had to move about 100 of these little compressors around on 4 shelves: 2 ground level and 2 waist level. Although small, these things were pretty heavy ranging from 70-90 lbs. each. If you know about HVAC equipment, these were Copeland "K bodies", named because most of their part numbers started with a "K".

Anyhow for about 4 hours I had to re-arrange these things and put them in order. I was on top of the waist level shelves, shoving these around although it was hard work. I was also underneath those same shelves trying to stack the K bodies 3 high while bending my knees in an awkward position because you couldn't stand up under there to do it safely.

Then at about 10 minutes before quitting time, with only 3 or 4 compressor left to move, I stood next to the shelving and pushed a K body back a bit and THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' SHELF COLLAPSED. It scared the absolute shit out of me, I don't think I've heard a noise that loud before or since. It also set the other waist level shelf off and that too collapsed. Everybody came running in from the front of the warehouse (there's a store at the front where we sold HVAC equipment) to see what the hell had happened.

The cause of the accident was found to be that the shelving was not sufficiently set up to carry such an immense weight. Normally they would put a thick piece of wood over two sets of those orange steel beams, but the weight had managed to pull the beams apart by just a SMIDGE and that was enough to send thousands of pounds of compressors to the floor below. We spent the next weekend putting metal banding around all of the shelves to make sure that never happened again.

I was on top of and under those compressor shelves for hours that day, and at any time the shelves could have gave way and crushed me to death. My kids would have never been born, and I would have never heard Vapor Trails or Snakes & Arrows.

And yeah, they made me pick all the compressors up the next day haha.

--

My question: Have you ever been involved in a robbery?

Not a real robbery but once, when I was about five, I brought my toy gun to the bank and when my mom was up with the teller, I slapped my gun on the counter but I was so short, that the teller couldn't see me. The whole bank went into panic mode thinking my mom was robbing them.

I wasn't allowed back in a bank for a long time.

If you had to choose between learning sign language or Latin, which would you pick?

No, I always wake up at the moment of my "death".

Have you ever taken anything written in Rolling Stone magazine seriously?

No, I kinda wish I had but the girls back in middle school were b's

Going on Janie's "takes a lot to make me mad"....ok

What does it take to make the next poster mad? Give us an example

People having tossed stuff on the floor - loo rolls, hand towels, paper, etc... Makes me curse my head off.

Have you ever got stuck on a ride, like a rollercoaster for example?

No but sometimes I wish we were...or I was with her... you know what I mean http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/heart.gif

What kind of pets do you have

Archived