Moving Pictures 5.1

Motorshooter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill listen to it tonight. I got it in the mail finally today but i was at work when it arrived. I get off in less than an hour. Yay.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 8 2011, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (Motorshooter @ Apr 8 2011, 04:37 PM)
now just recall Vapour Trails this well and all will be right in the universe.

This.

Must be an album from a different band. I've heard of Vapor Trails, but not Vapour Trails tongue.gif

I'm still waiting for the remix!

I don't get it. Plopped it in my PS3 and cranked up the sound system. Played camera and vital a few times. Am I missing something? Audio is shit. The surround sound mix has some of the synth parts mixed way in the background to the point where you can't hear them. Intro parts mostly. There's no balls to it. Want my money back. Like the album the way it is without this remix in 5.1. Yuck. Well... It's not that bad. Fills up the room evenly with the instruments. That's always nice. Could have been done better. Anyone know where you can get a better 5.1 of MP?

QUOTE (shail @ Apr 9 2011, 08:38 AM)
I don't get it. Plopped it in my PS3 and cranked up the sound system. Played camera and vital a few times. Am I missing something? Audio is shit. The surround sound mix has some of the synth parts mixed way in the background to the point where you can't hear them. Intro parts mostly. There's no balls to it. Want my money back. Like the album the way it is without this remix in 5.1. Yuck. Well... It's not that bad. Fills up the room evenly with the instruments. That's always nice. Could have been done better. Anyone know where you can get a better 5.1 of MP?

In your dreams perhaps.

QUOTE (shail @ Apr 9 2011, 09:38 AM)

Sounds like your system is not calibrated correctly........

Take Care

QUOTE (Hear Again @ Apr 9 2011, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (shail @ Apr 9 2011, 09:38 AM)
I don't get it. Plopped it in my PS3 and cranked up the sound system. Played camera and vital a few times. Am I missing something? Audio is shit. The surround sound mix has some of the synth parts mixed way in the background to the point where you can't hear them. Intro parts mostly. There's no balls to it. Want my money back. Like the album the way it is without this remix in 5.1. Yuck. Well...  It's not that bad. Fills up the room evenly with the instruments. That's always nice. Could have been done better. Anyone know where you can get a better 5.1 of MP?

Sounds like your system is not calibrated correctly........

Take Care

No, his system is calibrated just fine. The truth is, this new master is for shit; it just is. Its almost as loud as the criminally loud 97 remasters. The 5.1 mix is fun to listen to but they REALLY missed a chance to put out the definitive version of this album. I have other DVD-A discs that blow this one out of the water (see Steely Dan's Gaucho or Beck's Sea Change on DVD-Audio to hear what a truly audiophile DVD-A can sound like). The truth is, Alex just likes his music brickwalled and compressed to hell and we're never going to get a truly audiophile quality version of any Rush album. Since most people out there aren't audiophiles and coud care less about sound quality, there really isnt a market force out there to force them to make a good quality sounding master. Most people equate loudness with quality. Very sad....

my system is just fine. it should for 6 grand. listened to the tunes again it's a miss. in the beginning of witch hunt there is a electronic tom tom you can't hear. you can but it's so far back in the mix. all the other drums you can hear. the part with the cow bell. it's in the rear right speaker on this mix. also some synth parts are way back in the mix like on camera. i can't be the only one not hearing this. there are quite a few things that are far back in the mix. at the same time there are some things brought up in the mix that i haven't heard before. all this hype for just an ok product. have a great sound set up on my desktop also. great sound card and all. i can dial in a few things if need be. same thing. it's a no go. who ever mixed it missed some key instruments. go listen again fellas.

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 9 2011, 03:04 PM)
listen to the album via bluray!!!!

I have the DVD-A version, which is identical to the bluray and again, the mix i for shit. Way too loud and distorted at high volumes. Almost as bad as the 97 remasters which someone should be in jail for doing!

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 9 2011, 03:29 PM)
Just use the Rock Band masters, and make your OWN 5.1 mix.

Piece of shit this release is.

Agree 100% with on this assessment. The realy sad thing is, I think this is the same quality we'll be getting for any future remasters as well. Lets just hope the source tape for the other albums was better recorded than Moving Pictures. I just wish Alex and Rich Chycki would NOT be involved in the process. The hearing on both guys appears to be shot from the sound of this new release. Just awful!

How many versions of this album do you have? Have you ever taken the time to compare this new release to a truly top notch master like the MFSL? If you havent then, how can you say anything I've commented on regearding this release is nonsense? Calling me some name is one thing, but proving your opinion is another. Hey, I'm open to being proven wrong, so tell me why you think what I'm saying is nonsense. I'm all ears (tinny though they may be).

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Apr 9 2011, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 9 2011, 03:04 PM)
listen to the album via bluray!!!!

I have the DVD-A version, which is identical to the bluray and again, the mix i for shit. Way too loud and distorted at high volumes. Almost as bad as the 97 remasters which someone should be in jail for doing!

Maybe you need to set up you system properly. I was shaking the walls with my $750 Bluray setup and it was as clear as a bell.

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Apr 9 2011, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 9 2011, 03:29 PM)
Just use the Rock Band masters, and make your OWN 5.1 mix.

Piece of shit this release is.

Agree 100% with on this assessment. The realy sad thing is, I think this is the same quality we'll be getting for any future remasters as well. Lets just hope the source tape for the other albums was better recorded than Moving Pictures. I just wish Alex and Rich Chycki would NOT be involved in the process. The hearing on both guys appears to be shot from the sound of this new release. Just awful!

Yeah god forbid Alex Lifeson has authority and say on any remasters.

He wrote, performed and recorded everything with Geddy and Neil.

Sheesh the nerve of those guys.

You don't like it. Too bad. A bunch of us love it. Been playing and listening to music entire life.

The 97 remasters are not great. MFLS releases are all fantastic.

This BD 5.1 is fantastic and that is why I made the purchase. I knew I already had a definitive remaster of MP in the MFSL version.

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Apr 9 2011, 04:54 PM)
How many versions of this album do you have? Have you ever taken the time to compare this new release to a truly top notch master like the MFSL? If you havent then, how can you say anything I've commented on regearding this release is nonsense? Calling me some name is one thing, but proving your opinion is another. Hey, I'm open to being proven wrong, so tell me why you think what I'm saying is nonsense. I'm all ears (tinny though they may be).

On the remaster CD I agree with you. MFSL is the best version superbly warm.

But I think your really off the mark on the BD 5.1

It is a totally new and fresh way to enjoy this legendary album.

That is a subjective opinion through and through.