Are You a Guru at Anything

snowdogged

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 6 2011, 11:13 AM)
Bra straps. I can undo a back clasp bra with one hand in less than 10 seconds. 1287.gif

That's pretty cool.

I can undo belts and pants with both hands tied behind my back. wink.gif

I'm also a bit of a "knotty" Guru when it comes to knots and bondage as well as being a bit of an escape artist.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 6 2011, 02:55 PM)
Bra straps.  I can undo a back clasp bra with one hand in less than 10 seconds.  1287.gif

That's pretty cool.

I'm also a bit of a "knotty" Guru when it comes to knots and bondage as well as being a bit of an escape artist.

There goes Ya_Big_Tree turning up the heat in a thread again! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 6 2011, 01:55 PM)
Bra straps.  I can undo a back clasp bra with one hand in less than 10 seconds.  1287.gif

That's pretty cool.

Ugh!

You grotty little skank!

Such manners!

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 6 2011, 08:08 PM)
I'm also a guru of procrastination and leaving things to the last minute.

Aren't those two things pretty close to being the same thing? I think we've got ourselves a cheater here! tongue.gif

Good Guru: I am great at being an Uncle. The children of my siblings, friends, cousins, neighbors, co-workers, it doesn't matter. I bond with and am accepted by the kids with zero difficulty. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Bad Guru: I know all about grudges and disowning people. Never forgive, never forget!! Screw with me, and I will delete you from my life with zero hesitation..... angry.gif rage.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 6 2011, 08:15 PM)
Good Guru: I am great at being an Uncle. The children of my siblings, friends, cousins, neighbors, co-workers, it doesn't matter. I bond with and am accepted by the kids with zero difficulty. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Bad Guru: I know all about grudges and disowning people. Never forgive, never forget!! Screw with me, and I will delete you from my life with zero hesitation..... angry.gif rage.gif

Ewww your avatar is gross 062802puke_prv.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Disneyland. I can find my way around the place blindfolded and get from one side to the other in the shortest possible time. I know the history and trivia about it, including what rides used to be where, for how long and why they were scrubbed.

Since last August, I've learned so much about Rush that I think I could be considered an expert (though I know many on TRF who make me look slow in comparison). Genesis is the other band that I'm a guru about.

Star Wars. I have a SW Trivial Pursuit game and nobody will play it with me sad.gif

Trivia in general. My mind just hangs onto useless factoids. confused13.gif

I also write a bi-weekly blog about words and am known as The Mad Logophile. So I'm considered the word expert on the site where I do the blog.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 6 2011, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 6 2011, 08:08 PM)
I'm also a guru of procrastination and leaving things to the last minute.

Aren't those two things pretty close to being the same thing? I think we've got ourselves a cheater here! tongue.gif

I'm not cheating. I'll explain why...tomorrow.

Red Dwarf. I know everything about that show.

Forget Star Trek. I can take or leave Star Trek. Red Dwarf is my show.

And I mean the show itself, not stuff like first broadcast dates, rating stats and all that rubbish. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 9 2011, 11:29 AM)
Red Dwarf. I know everything about that show.
Forget Star Trek. I can take or leave Star Trek. Red Dwarf is my show.

And I mean the show itself, not stuff like first broadcast dates, rating stats and all that rubbish. tongue.gif

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast!!

biggrin.gif

Everything Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. And I mean everything. It's the one series I know top-to-bottom, inside out, ratings, actors, who also appeared on other series, the actors' careers, the writers and directors, the freaking filming and production differences, it's insane.

I even know everything non-canon, like the DS9 Relaunch books, the numbered novels, and the comics.

There is a figure of Odo staring at me right now.

I'm pretty much a walking Memory Alpha for DS9.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 9 2011, 09:36 PM)
Everything Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. And I mean everything. It's the one series I know top-to-bottom, inside out, ratings, actors, who also appeared on other series, the actors' careers, the writers and directors, the freaking filming and production differences, it's insane.
I even know everything non-canon, like the DS9 Relaunch books, the numbered novels, and the comics.

Out of curiosity, do you have that Garak book full of his writings to Bashir (or mosty that, at least)? I just wondered how it was, if it was worth getting. I looked it up and it's a bit pricey...

Garak and Bashir are two of my fave DS9 characters, though smile.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 9 2011, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 9 2011, 09:36 PM)

Out of curiosity, do you have that Garak book full of his writings to Bashir (or mosty that, at least)? I just wondered how it was, if it was worth getting. I looked it up and it's a bit pricey...

Garak and Bashir are two of my fave DS9 characters, though smile.gif

I don't own it, but I have checked it out from the library. It's really quite good. You get to see a side of Garak that you don't in the series, or even most of the other books, because he's so shadowed in mystery...

I'd certainly recommend it. It's one of the better Relaunch books, imo. (:

And pricey? Well, if you look around, sometimes you can find it cheap hidden on Ebay or in used bookstores. Coupons work well, too, if you can get your hands on any. I managed to pick up a hardcover copy of Unity for just six bucks on Ebay!

Archived