American Idol- anyone?

Running Rebel

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bored to tears with the song choices, but yeah, they can all sing. All of the dudes bug me. Dang, I sound grumpy! Maybe I miss the shitty, annoying people too much.

laugh.gif

Something really wrong is going on here. How can truly talented performers and stunning voices like Pia and Naima get voted off while people who sing like a weasel on crack don't even make the bottom three? The remaining talent isn't talented enough to keep me watching if they are going to get picked off in reverse order. What the f**k?

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 7 2011, 06:12 PM)
Something really wrong is going on here. How can truly talented performers and stunning voices like Pia and Naima get voted off while people who sing like a weasel on crack don't even make the bottom three? The remaining talent isn't talented enough to keep me watching if they are going to get picked off in reverse order. What the f**k?

that does blow. unfortunately she didn't have time to develope her stage presence. eh.gif

Well, with Pia going home, I really have to say I have lost interest this season. Clearly she was the most talented person this season. It is just a popularity contest really. She just doesn't draw in the teeny-bopper voter that will call up 20 times every Wednesday night. But surely she had the best instrument on the show. That being said, would she sell the most albums??? Who sells more albums, Brittany Spears or Celine Dion??? I dunno. She should have picked a better song too for the Hall of Fame week---there were a lot of great song choices she could have made.

A travesty really that she was sent home. She really was worth the "save" more than Casey. I am sure all three judges probably are thinking that right about now.

All of you lamenting that Pia is gone...did you vote??? wink.gif If not, there's your answer.

I dont believe she should have gone home tonight, but she was NOT winning this thing. Hot babe standing in the middle of the stage singing wears off...you must perform, entertain...her departure inevitable.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Apr 7 2011, 10:23 PM)
All of you lamenting that Pia is gone...did you vote??? wink.gif If not, there's your answer.

I dont believe she should have gone home tonight, but she was NOT winning this thing. Hot babe standing in the middle of the stage singing wears off...you must perform, entertain...her departure inevitable.

Yes, my family voted for her and Casey....

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2011, 06:26 AM)
i don't get it. why didn't randy and the bunch step in again? this whole thing is a joke.

One save for the season, and they used it on Casey. No more interventions.

A) Daughtry got the boot early, look how well he's doing.

B.) You see JLo weeping? Now way Pia doesnt get some kind of help from her.

C) She's going on tour in the summer. No need to cry for her, she'll be fine.

Other than the fact that James is better suited as the lead singer in a rock band, he is a strong contender for this thing.

Paul is more suited as a solo performer, but considering that he has been in the bottom 3 (more than once, right?) he will likely be gone soon. But not before Stefano.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Apr 8 2011, 07:54 AM)
i don't get it.  why didn't randy and the bunch step in again?  this whole thing is a joke.

another thing is, winning American idol doesn't guarantee you anything other than a contract. there have been more than a couple of past winners that haven't done a thing.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Apr 8 2011, 07:54 AM)
i don't get it.  why didn't randy and the bunch step in again?  this whole thing is a joke.

Yeah, one "judge's save" per season.

The "judge's save" option was just instituted last year, and I'm convinced it was put in place by the producers to protect a Tamyra or a Daughtry - one of those "Holy shit, THIS is our Idol" singers - from getting the boot early.

The show has a history of this happening, and the judges hate it. It started the very first season, when the judges were fawning all over Tamyra and were going on and on about how she was going to win... and then they felt devastated when she met with a surprisingly early exit. It's happened too many times since. (Chris Daughtry is another example, in my opinion.) They don't want this to happen, don't want to lose one of their Top Picks too early, so they instituted the "save" option to keep it from happening.

But then they go and waste this year's "save" on Casey, and today they're kicking themselves that they couldn't protect Pia. Let that be a lesson to the judges: DON'T USE THE 'SAVE' AT ALL, save the "save" for later, for when your Top Pick is voted off surprisingly early.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 8 2011, 12:41 PM)
Last night Pia fell victim to the little girl vote.

what's the "little girl" vote?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 8 2011, 10:50 AM)

the teenage girls who vote again and again and again for their non-talented boy crushes (Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze). It's pretty much why there's only two girls left in the competition. Seriously, Paul and Stefano are still in this thing?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 8 2011, 01:04 PM)

the teenage girls who vote again and again and again for their non-talented boy crushes (Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze). It's pretty much why there's only two girls left in the competition. Seriously, Paul and Stefano are still in this thing?

True 'nuff. But what folks are saying about her overall performance (stage presence) has some merit. She was my wife's favorite until the last performance. Sure, she came out of the ballad shell, but not enough I guess.

QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ Apr 8 2011, 11:16 AM)

True 'nuff. But what folks are saying about her overall performance (stage presence) has some merit. She was my wife's favorite until the last performance. Sure, she came out of the ballad shell, but not enough I guess.

yes she definitely needed more time to develope her stage presence.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 8 2011, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ Apr 8 2011, 11:16 AM)

yes she definitely needed more time to develope her stage presence.

I'd rather watch a statuesque singer who can blow the roof off the building before I watch someone who lights the piano on fire but delivers a sub-par vocal. I guess I'm the minority, but imo it's a singing competition before anything else.