American Idol- anyone?

Running Rebel

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Casey Fckn Abrams- I liked it but think if he had more time to finish it, it would have been better. But C'MON- NIRVANA! That was pretty awesome!

Queen-I like him, but he's not gonna win...I do enjoy watching him though!

2. Jacob Lusk- Heart is so hard to do and though he's got the pipes, it came off as showgirl/gospely kind of thing and just didn't work for me. I don't see how he will translate into a pop singer at all at this point. Okay, I'll say it. It would have been better in drag.

Queen-OMG! get out of my head! I thought the very same thing about it being in drag!

3. Lauren Alaina-still probably my favorite and I think she is going to get better as this goes. Oozes personality and great voice.

Queen-there was no power in this performance, and there should have been.

4. James Durbin - I don't like Bon Jovi when Bon Jovi sings it, but I think he is showing he has the pipes and stage presence. He's just a doofus at times and seems to be getting a tad pretentious and overconfident.

Queen-I dont think pretentious is right, it's something, but I said that last week...He kicked it though, and I too hate JBJ

5. Paul McDonald -Okay, the herky jerky stuff is getting old and the vocals were weak. I picture behind with an instrument and doing something different. That was kind of just weird.

Queen-I like him...he seems kind of James Taylor-y, Rod Stewart-ish. I'm enjoying watching his transformation.

6. Scotty McCreery- I am still trying to lose my disconnect with this nice kid. I have a hard time with a kid singing country about heartbreak and booze when he's never been laid or pissfaced drunk in a bar. It's country for chirssakes. Good voice though.

Queen-I've always had a problem with that myself. But agree with above poster, that kid is gonna go places in the country world.

7. Haley Reinhart- Seems all over the board. I keep rooting for her somewhat but she keeps doing weird jazz twists and odd song choices. I like the Joplin suggestion.

Queen-Meh.

8. Pia Toscano - Pretty amazing voice to do the songs she is and pull it off. I still have a slight problem at times as she seems overly focused on hitting notes versus connecting with the audience and her high end is a tad shrieky but I'm mostly upset about the restraining order she got against me.

Queen-Way good pipes! Nicely done, beautiful girl, perfect stage presence...she's crossing into diva territory though methinks.

9. Naima Adedapo - Ugh. I think there is good voice in there somewhere. We probably won't get a chance to find out though.

Queen-yeah, not so much last night.

10. Thia Megia - C'mon. Let loose some! boriiiiingggg.

Queen-I could NOT believe she sang this song. BAD choice. She sang it fine, but blah. I agree with Randy when asking if this song really represented her.

11. Karen Rodriguez - Sings better in spanish and I was dissapointed with her again. Hit the notes at the end but the rest was a mess. She's treading water here. Goofy hair and outfit too.

Queen-she's forgettable. She wont last long.

12. Stefano Langone - Probably the biggest surprise of the night. Kid can really sing and seems like a nice enough fella. It's not really my favorite flavor of music but he can pull it off and hit the notes.

Queen-He did sing very well! Nice job. I just dont like him.

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 17 2011, 11:03 AM)
Here ya go!

Overall dissapointing night with nothing really standing out. JLo is getting better. ST needs to step more. But overall still okay with the judges especially Jlo who is giving constructive critisizm.

1. Casey Fckn Abrams- I liked it but think if he had more time to finish it, it would have been better. But C'MON- NIRVANA! That was pretty awesome!

2. Jacob Lusk- Heart is so hard to do and though he's got the pipes, it came off as showgirl/gospely kind of thing and just didn't work for me. I don't see how he will translate into a pop singer at all at this point. Okay, I'll say it. It would have been better in drag.

3. Lauren Alaina-still probably my favorite and I think she is going to get better as this goes. Oozes personality and great voice.

4. James Durbin - I don't like Bon Jovi when Bon Jovi sings it, but I think he is showing he has the pipes and stage presence. He's just a doofus at times and seems to be getting a tad pretentious and overconfident.

5. Paul McDonald -Okay, the herky jerky stuff is getting old and the vocals were weak. I picture behind with an instrument and doing something different. That was kind of just weird.

6. Scotty McCreery- I am still trying to lose my disconnect with this nice kid. I have a hard time with a kid singing country about heartbreak and booze when he's never been laid or pissfaced drunk in a bar. It's country for chirssakes. Good voice though.

7. Haley Reinhart- Seems all over the board. I keep rooting for her somewhat but she keeps doing weird jazz twists and odd song choices. I like the Joplin suggestion.

8. Pia Toscano - Pretty amazing voice to do the songs she is and pull it off. I still have a slight problem at times as she seems overly focused on hitting notes versus connecting with the audience and her high end is a tad shrieky but I'm mostly upset about the restraining order she got against me.

9. Naima Adedapo - Ugh. I think there is good voice in there somewhere. We probably won't get a chance to find out though.

11. Karen Rodriguez - Sings better in spanish and I was dissapointed with her again. Hit the notes at the end but the rest was a mess. She's treading water here. Goofy hair and outfit too.

12. Stefano Langone - Probably the biggest surprise of the night. Kid can really sing and seems like a nice enough fella. It's not really my favorite flavor of music but he can pull it off and hit the notes.

Overall dissapointing night with nothing really standing out. JLo is getting better. ST needs to step more. But overall still okay with the judges especially Jlo who is giving constructive critisizm.

Pags -- agreed. For 'almost' everyone it was a sub-par night and I found myself wondering why I watch the show. Pia was the only one who really reminded me why.

Pags -- Another scary performance. It's already been said. When he sings he looks demented, psychopathic, and murderous like he just escaped from somewhere we wouldn't want to know where from. He did not sing the song, he screamed and screeched it. Fail.

Pags -- I won't knock him for his ability. He can do things with his voice that are just incredible. The question becomes, does it sound good? The answer... no! I think RR is correct about the drag thing. Perhaps if he wants to suck up to that particular audience like Karen Rodriguez does to the Spanish speaking crowd - be prepared for the dress.

Pags - I wish RR would have mentioned the song she sang - I'm still not good with the names. Ah! Had to look it up, she sang I'm The Only One. She did a really good job with it, actually - but she's no Melissa Ethridge (sp) who sings her songs like her life depends on them. It had a decent vocal, but lacked in conviction - big time. She needs to work on that.

Pags -- Wasn't a fan of this performance, at all. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan, and this one is one of my least favorites. The song and the performance did absolutely nothing for me.

Pags -- I still don't get this guy. My comments hold from last week. He looks like he's on some undesirable side effect from whatever prescription meds he may have taken. His voice makes me cringe uncomfortably. I just don't get it. If people love this guy... great. Have at it. But I'm out.

Pags -- He does have a good voice. But my opinion hasn't change on him either. Country music has plenty of deep voice singers who sing boring songs. Why do we need another one? I broke out laughing when he was credited by the judges for branching out. HOW?? By going from Garth Brooks to Travis Tritt? Yeah.. that's really a huge stretch.

Pags -- Sorry. She seems like a nice girl, but this was a major miss. There was nothing to grab onto with this performance, at all. I'm not a Whitney fan, but there are 'some' songs I like from her and this happens to be one of them. This performance held nothing to render positive.

Pags -- Without question the greatest performance of the night. This girl can SING, and she's got the glamorous hotness to go with it. DAMN! I've got her picked to win this - we'll see what happens. Either way, she'll have a job in the music industry working with some pretty big names, no doubt.

Pags -- I know I say I love her - and I do. But this was an off night for her, and in a big way. I really hope she stays and shows what she's made of.

Pags -- My 5 year old was thrilled to hear Pocahontas being sung. She sang it very nicely. But let's get it with it. It's time to put things up a notch. She's amazing, though.

Pags -- I'm to the point where I'm no longer comfortable with her being there. She's playing up to only her personally chosen segment of people, so much so she's willing to sing in Spanish to songs that were never sung in Spanish before. Is this supposed to be considered an original and "making it her own" thing? Perhaps. But I see it as pandering, and by the way, she's not that good. It's time for her to go.

Pags -- He really nailed that song last night. Last week he was way too stageshowish, but not this time. He sang like he meant it, and the notes he hit were kick ass. He went for a very high difficulty level of singing, and showed that he can do it. Good for him.

Anybody else think Steven Tyler may have skewed the voting a bit by saying he would sing with James Durbin if he makes it into the finals?

I doubt it was intentional, but still...

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Mar 17 2011, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 17 2011, 07:57 PM)
they should have canned all 3 of them.  trink38.gif

Would have been ok with any of them going home.

Especially Naima

QUOTE (Alph Seeker @ Mar 23 2011, 07:31 AM)
Anybody else think Steven Tyler may have skewed the voting a bit by saying he would sing with James Durbin if he makes it into the finals?

I doubt it was intentional, but still...

I considered that...I dont think it will sway the vote either way. If James continues on the track he's on without wavering, he will stay. If he effs up, the voting audience will be unforgiving and boot him. That's been pretty true every year.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Mar 24 2011, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Mar 24 2011, 09:04 PM)
WOW Casey Fckn Abrams. No way.  Crazy save and wild results show!

Crazy right? thought he was gonna have a heart attack right there.

Very cool they used the save. Now all 11 go on tour. That's kinda cool. Good for them.

Just watched the results show here, lol, Hulk Hogan?? laugh.gif

I like that James guy, he's got that Adam Lambert vibe which is kinda cool. Paul's not too bad either, but it helps that he's kinda cute tongue.gif