American Idol- anyone?

Running Rebel

Great season as far as talent is concerned. The best I can remember really. All of the finalists deserve to be there with exception on one girl...(Spoiler below).

I think the judges are awesome too... Much much better than last few years with Kara and last year with Ellen. I can't take my eyes off of J Lo when she is on....just unreal beautiful woman. Mesmerizing really. Randy seems right on with his judging and Steven is truly the King of Cool.

A lot of fun this year....

The girl I don't think should be there is Haley. I think Kendra is more talented. But as for the rest.....all are very very strong.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 3 2011, 11:42 PM)
"Gay Geddy" got bumped tonight.  Already!

I can't say his version of Light My Fire was that great but still... I was hoping he'd last longer than that sad.gif

Edited by Earthshine Emmeline

As a North Carolina native, it's kind of embarrassing that so many Idol contestants have come from my home state.

Let's see: Clay Aiken, Fantasia Barrino, Kellie Pickler, Daughtry, and now Scott McCreery.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 4 2011, 09:56 AM)
As a North Carolina native, it's kind of embarrassing that so many Idol contestants have come from my home state.

Let's see: Clay Aiken, Fantasia Barrino, Kellie Pickler, Daughtry, and now Scott McCreery.

Well, it figures. I could probably count the number of Idol contestants from the North on one hand. They're all southerners.

Well, Daughtry is the only one I would even care about since he was more into rock. And he was from around Henderson which is close to my home.

NC has good stock though. It's the birthplace of John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk. The latter being born in my hometown.

John Coltrane was from the town of Hamlet and then moved to High Point, NC before moving again to Philadelphia. High Point is also the home of Fantasia, unfortunately. I'd rather think of John Coltrane when I think about High Point. They named a boulevard after him.

Well, I was close to picking them. I think they have one of the best final groups ever which is what makes the show better. Should be interesting and I like the judges as well.

That little Stefano dude really brought it last night to make the 6th spot. I didn't get the Ashton pick though.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 3 2011, 02:43 PM)
I'll also add a prediction: a woman is going to win this season. It seems to me there's much more talent among the girls than the guys.

REALLY???

My wife and I watched the guys night and the girls night, and we both thought the guys did WAY better than the girls in general. There were three standout performances from the girls: Thea, Pia, and Karen Rodriguez, but none of them came close to the three standout performances from the guys: Casey, James Durbin and Jacob Lusk.

We were truly surprised that the judges put through 7 girls and 6 guys, because the guys in general were so much better - it wasn't even close.

And as for the guys, James Durbin certainly won't go all the way, but I can see him having the success of Chris Daughtrey - the guy is crazy good, and seeing him sing Rob Halford and sing as powerfully as him was an amazing thing to see on the show. Casey was on fire doing I Put A Spell On You - combine that and his previous performances with the stand-up bass, and that guy is something special. And then there's Jacob Lusk who is somehow better than both of them - he is an unbelievable singer. Really, none of the women's performances could touch those three IMHO. And I didn't even mention that country singer dude with a deep voice - I don't even like country music, and I still think he's incredible - that guy is going to be a HUGE country star regardless of how well he does in the competition.

I thought for the most part that America got it completely right. For the women, I was really hoping for the scorchingly hot Julie Zorilla to get another chance to sing, but unfortunately her performance this week was way below her previous standards.

And for the guys, I really thought Robbie Rosen should have made it through. Brett Lowenstern was a personal fave, but more for his personality than for his singing. Robbie was the one place where I thought the judges got it wrong, but otherwise we've got a pretty stellar line-up of singers this year.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 6 2011, 05:53 PM)
I'm just glad Steven held onto Naima. If she went home this soon I think I would have given up on the rest of the season. Yes, I think she's that good.

I thought she was terrible in her initial top 24 performance, and I was very, very surprised when the judges asked her to sing again. Admittedly, she killed it when she sang again, but I didn't like her at all prior to that. Maybe she was great in previous episodes, but I don't remember her from then.

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 6 2011, 08:53 PM)
I'm just glad Steven held onto Naima.  If she went home this soon I think I would have given up on the rest of the season.  Yes, I think she's that good.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

I felt the exact same way! The talent is crazy good this year, but Naima has something extra. I remember seeing it when she first auditioned. She's amazing!