Counterparts forum

Godot

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 11 2011, 08:35 PM)
if they want to attract more people they need to change that red on black backround. i feel my vision getting worse when i try to read any of it. tongue.gif i find the letter color backround on here very soothing to my eyes. tongue.gif

don't they have different skins available just like here? i think they do...

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 11 2011, 10:35 PM)
if they want to attract more people they need to change that red on black backround. i feel my vision getting worse when i try to read any of it. tongue.gif i find the letter color backround on here very soothing to my eyes. tongue.gif

Go to the bottom left corner and pick a different skin... Or press control/alt/delete. That works well too!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2011, 10:36 PM)
if they want to attract more people they need to change that red on black backround.  i feel my vision getting worse when i try to read any of it. tongue.gif  i find the letter color backround on here very soothing to my eyes. tongue.gif

skins? i thought it was one size fits all. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 11 2011, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 12 2011, 03:10 AM)
after 3 days, my account still hasn't been approved of..

and still you haven't got the message?

I validated my E-mail, just waiting for an Admin to approve now.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 12 2011, 03:46 AM)

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 11 2011, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 12 2011, 03:46 AM)

facepalm.gif

Did I take your question out of context?

I have problems understanding you a lot of the time Tony tongue.gif

Counterparts is the un-TriNet. On a board like TriNet, saying you didn't like a particular Rush song was grounds for banishment. On Counterparts, pretty much anything goes.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2011, 10:36 PM)
if they want to attract more people they need to change that red on black backround.  i feel my vision getting worse when i try to read any of it. tongue.gif  i find the letter color backround on here very soothing to my eyes. tongue.gif

Yeah, their skin setup is awesome. Lots of different ones, and all available with a dropdown menu that you don't have to go looking for in your control panel.

I look at CP and TRF in this way: Both are pretty different as far as overall posting styles, but both boards are always very busy. That means we're both doing something right. It's just a matter of which atmosphere suits you better. And some people like both.

I never understood the need to say (about either board), "That other board sucks." No, it doesn't. It's got all those different names logged in there because it doesn't suck.

I lurk over at Counterparts. I tried to create an account just so I could throw in a comment once in a blue moon if I felt like it, but it never got "approved" or something. Hm.. Beats me. Maybe my optimism scares people.

There are some scary people over there though. You think there are opinionated jerks here? No way. It's like puppies and rainbows in comparison, even on some of TRFs most heated boards. (My opinion, of course.) I still respect the folks over at CP... but gosh! I can't tell if it's trolling/messing around/sarcasm or if some of them are seriously that irked by everything. God forbid someone tries to stick up for their cause because they'll get smashed. Sometimes I think I go over there just to make sure I'm fully appreciating the light-heartedness of TRF!

Everyone's got their own tastes in forums, but I like this place. It's wonderful.

Besides, while browsing around there once I saw a pretty sexist thread. Well, no - just some of the people posting in it came off as kind of sexist. I know, don't judge a forum by one thread, but it turned me off.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2011, 07:07 PM)
TRF people often think of them as being like us, but too wild and out of control, and CP people often think of us as being like them, but too boring and restrictive. The reality is that it's different strokes for different folks. Some people straddle both sites.

That is to say, we're counterparts? wink.gif

I must be missing something.

I have been a member at CP, TRF and RushTour Forum for years and don't see that much difference between them.

I know there has been some bad blood between them at times but that is old news now.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Feb 12 2011, 06:33 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 11 2011, 07:07 PM)
TRF people often think of them as being like us, but too wild and out of control, and CP people often think of us as being like them, but too boring and restrictive.  The reality is that it's different strokes for different folks.  Some people straddle both sites.

That is to say, we're counterparts? wink.gif

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Feb 12 2011, 08:39 AM)

I have been a member at CP, TRF and RushTour Forum for years and don't see that much difference between them.

I know there has been some bad blood between them at times but that is old news now.

Funny, I see a HUGE difference. I didn't like it over there either. People are ALWAYS going to disagree, vent, argue etc. on bulletin boards (I guess that's part of the fun), but I honestly think some of those folks are the worst.

Once, when I was "new" there, I made the "mistake" of defending the current set list (S&A) and several people thought I was an insider that worked for the band! wacko.gif

Oh, the times I was insulted by others!

Like it over here MUCH better. Kudos to all the friendly types on TRF.

Clem

I've been on TRF about 4 years now, but TRF was formed a couple of years before that... But a question for the real old members.... what formed first TRF or CP? And weren't both kind of formed from the whole TRInet debacle?

QUOTE (clem @ Feb 12 2011, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Nim2 @ Feb 12 2011, 08:39 AM)

Funny, I see a HUGE difference. I didn't like it over there either. People are ALWAYS going to disagree, vent, argue etc. on bulletin boards (I guess that's part of the fun), but I honestly think some of those folks are the worst.

Once, when I was "new" there, I made the "mistake" of defending the current set list (S&A) and several people thought I was an insider that worked for the band! wacko.gif

Oh, the times I was insulted by others!

Like it over here MUCH better. Kudos to all the friendly types on TRF.

Clem

There is an enormous difference between TRF and CP. I'm not saying better or worse, just different strokes - I personally feel at home here.

I've also spent some time on Rush Tour, though it's been a long while. Mostly I didn't stay there because there were a lot fewer members, even though people were very cool, but threads moved too slowly for my liking. Maybe it's picked up since then?

Edited by rushgoober