Rare footage.

snowdog2112

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jan 19 2011, 04:25 PM)
Moving on...

Here's a video of the Toronto Arts Awards. I'm usually good at telling the period but I'd say this could be anywhere from 1990 to 1994. Does anybody know for sure? Anyway, there's a short profile of Rush including footage of their parents (which is cool because Alex's dad was still alive at the time) and an appearance by Neil and Geddy. I remember telling someone when the recent BTLS doc came out that I had seen their parents interviewed before and I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. Well, I did know what I was talking about. wink.gif

Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpgzQBieGs8

Judging by the clothes on Neil's parents, I'd say this video is from the late 70's... lol

These are just fantastic. It's really hard to digitize things from tape. My husband is a TV engineer and we have old Beta tapes that we STILL can't get dubbed! laugh.gif

Hope snowdog is back soon... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 5 2011, 10:12 PM)
Friggin amazing Youtube channel.

Thanks Alex and thanks to everybody else for all the nice comments (and Merely Space for his dedication! laugh.gif ) ! I'm ok but real life just interjected for a bit plus I was so frustrated with having to upload stuff with watermarks and dealing with technical problems that I just kind of took a break. I have actually uploaded a few things lately so those of you who have subscribed to my channel have probably seen them but I'll go ahead and update everyone else here. And I will get clean copies up somehow, I promise. You guys can always send me a pm if you have a question since it'll get forwarded to my e-mail even if I don't check in for a while.

Ok, to catch up.

I posted the encore from the Roll the Bones tour in 2 parts. This is from Jacksonville, Florida in 1992. I've got a million of these audience-filmed concerts and I don't plan to upload a whole lot from them but the video and audio quality here is pretty darn good. The main reason I uploaded it is because Alex is just super-silly throughout. He's really hilarious and even gets Geddy to laugh while he's singing. And check out Neil standing and doing the Pete Townshend windmill move during Finding My Way! laugh.gif The whole band's in a great mood here.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRmwYN7OO0

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqcXv-HlQw

Next, I uploaded the complete episode of Politically Incorrect that Neil was on.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Then, I uploaded a feature on Neil from MuchMusic about the Buddy Rich tribute project.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I'm uploading something else right now, I'll be back shortly.

I hope this keeps you guys busy for a bit. Thanks again for all the nice words!

QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 7 2011, 02:26 PM)
yay! welcome back to it! i've sent the link to your YT channel to a few friends who are not on this board as well.

as you can tell, all of your efforts are greatly appreciated!

youtube watchin' time!! popcorn.gif

Thanks!

Ok, I just uploaded this. Very similar to the Spotlight show from 1996 but this is from 1994. I'll just copy what I wrote for the description on youtube here:

Rush Spotlight 1994. This is the 1994 Spotlight show from Muchmusic I edited down just like the 1996 one posted earlier. I edited out all the videos. There is some overlap with other interview features but it also has different edits of some of the same interviews so some footage is unique. Hope you guys like it!

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Mar 7 2011, 03:04 PM)
Yay! Snowdog is back! We love you! hug2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Anyway...hi. Sorry, I'm a bit hyper. blush4.gif

Amazing stuff. Thank you for your efforts, once again. tongue.gif

smile.gif Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I also fixed the audio for that RTB feature way back near the beginning for those who never got to hear it.

This one here:

For some reason the audio is out of sync a little bit and it's not like that on my video but I guess it's still way better than being muted. It's some good stuff, check it out.

I'll try to put something else up in a bit.

You do realize that eventually I'm going to run out right? laugh.gif

QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 7 2011, 05:29 PM)
You do realize that eventually I'm going to run out right?  laugh.gif

uh.... no? wtf.gif

z7shysterical.gif

We'll certainly enjoy all of it until you run out. Even when you do run out, we will still enjoy it. That's how epic Rush is. tongue.gif

Archived