Rare footage.

snowdog2112

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's part 4. Yes, he was wrong about not having played Natural Science before for those who are wondering. It's also really sad hearing him talk about his daughter only around a year or so before she was killed. sad.gif

And it got muted. Crapola. Give me some time and I'll figure out what to do. Worst case I'll put up another rapidshare link for it.

Ok, I think it works now. Let me know if you guys can't hear it.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jan 25 2011, 01:01 PM)
Watched the Rush Hour links last night. Incredible stuff. I just love hearing these guys talk about what they do.

Cool! Glad you liked it. It's a real time-capsule.

I've got more tapes being dubbed right now over at my aunt's house and I've got a few other small things I'll put up today. Also, part 5 of Neil on Wallin is coming up shortly and, Rushcat, I'm doing my best to compile that old Alex interview to get it all up tonight. Thanks for being patient.

I feel like a program director at a TV station. laugh.gif

Except my shows are better!

Just watched that whole interview with Neil. Really great stuff! Thanks a million for that! One of the better interviews.. I've seen a few that weren't so impressive, but she had some good questions (and of course Neil's quite an eloquent speaker).

Now I ought to watch all the rest of the videos posted here.

This thread is awesome. +1

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 25 2011, 06:51 PM)
Just watched that whole interview with Neil. Really great stuff! Thanks a million for that! One of the better interviews.. I've seen a few that weren't so impressive, but she had some good questions (and of course Neil's quite an eloquent speaker).
Now I ought to watch all the rest of the videos posted here.

This thread is awesome. +1

Yes, you should! smile.gif

Glad you liked it.

Much more Neil is on the way.

It's processing, Rushcat.

Ok, here's the extended interview with Alex from 1982. The story with this is that a version of the first part of the clip with the MTV voiceover has been floating around the internet for years but I found a very slightly longer version on an old VHS that even includes just a smidgen of JJ Jackson of MTV for you fellow old timers and in slightly better quality. The version that's been around the internet begins just as he's going through the gate. Then I found a separate feature from something apparently just called Rock On that was obviously the source of the interview that MTV pulled from for their news segment and they added a voiceover. So I wed my ever-so-slightly better and longer version of the MTV clip to the several minute original piece to hopefully have about the best and most complete version of this ever. You guys are sending me a check for all this, right? laugh.gif I hope it's what you wanted, Rushcat! It's not going to get any better than this. smile.gif

Enjoy, guys!

QUOTE (Rushcat @ Jan 26 2011, 03:36 AM)
OMG Thank You so much Snowdog. I can't get over how great this is. It really does'nt get any better than this. This is the best interview Ive seen with Alex ever. And god he's gorgeous cat.gif cat.gif cat.gif cat.gif

I'm glad it was worth the wait for you Rushcat, it wasn't easy. smile.gif

There's still more videos on the way including (provided youtube will let me) Alex on the Golf Channel from a few years ago.

Thanks SOOO much for all these videos, I have enjoyed them all. I appreciate the time you've spent doing this especially considering the crazy schedule you're dealing with. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jan 26 2011, 01:09 PM)

Thanks SOOO much for all these videos, I have enjoyed them all. I appreciate the time you've spent doing this especially considering the crazy schedule you're dealing with. biggrin.gif

Thanks! I'll be a little slow today since I don't have much free time but I'll put something else up for sure. smile.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jan 26 2011, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Rushcat @ Jan 26 2011, 03:36 AM)
OMG Thank You so much Snowdog.  I can't get over how great this is.  It really does'nt get any better than this.  This is the best interview Ive seen with Alex ever. And god he's gorgeous cat.gif  cat.gif  cat.gif  cat.gif

I'm glad it was worth the wait for you Rushcat, it wasn't easy. smile.gif

There's still more videos on the way including (provided youtube will let me) Alex on the Golf Channel from a few years ago.

Yes, I was going to say this too (not the gorgeous part as I'm male) but that Alex looked totally cool here.

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Jan 26 2011, 05:21 PM)
Thank you snow dog, I would love if in the future you could upload your whole collection to megaupload for download, just a thought.

One project at a time! laugh.gif

Once I go back through and reupload the clips without the watermarks it would make more sense to simply use one of the many and simple-to-use utilities to download what you want directly from youtube.

Glad you're enjoying everything. I got busy yesterday but I'll put up some more today.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jan 27 2011, 11:16 PM)
Watched the Pamela Wallin interview. Very good stuff. The "Alex in a Striped Shirt" piece is pretty fun, too. Thanks for making these gems available.

No problem!

Sorry I said I would get more up yesterday, I ended up showing houses until late afternoon and then went back to the office to write an offer. I should be able to do a lot today through the weekend. Don't worry, more is coming!

Archived