Rare footage.

snowdog2112

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So good to see you back! I've been enjoying the stuff you've posted so much!! Thank you x 1 billion 1022.gif

That RTB encore... OMG... I needed a good laugh today. I love when Alex is silly but Neil, too....?! How freaking cool is that? cool.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 7 2011, 07:05 PM)
So good to see you back! I've been enjoying the stuff you've posted so much!! Thank you x 1 billion 1022.gif

That RTB encore... OMG... I needed a good laugh today. I love when Alex is silly but Neil, too....?! How freaking cool is that? cool.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif Yeah, I love that. Glad you're enjoying everything.

Hey, welcome back! Glad nothing dire was involved.

Gee, if I don't have to keep bumping this thread to keep it on the front page... Well, gosh, my life feels kinda empty now... Maybe I'll cheer myself up with that RTB encore! Yeah, that's the ticket!

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Mar 7 2011, 11:02 PM)
Hey, welcome back! Glad nothing dire was involved.

Gee, if I don't have to keep bumping this thread to keep it on the front page... Well, gosh, my life feels kinda empty now... Maybe I'll cheer myself up with that RTB encore! Yeah, that's the ticket!

laugh.gif

Thanks for carrying the torch MS!

I'll put some more up tomorrow guys. That should be plenty for now.

Ok, here's another compilation. The first part is an edit I just made of the 1990 Spotlight show which again has some overlap with other interviews and some unique stuff. There's also a neat little introduction at the beginning promoting Presto and Chronicles. Then, on the end of that I attached the short Diggin' Through the Vaults feature also from Muchmusic. I hope you guys like it. smile.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 8 2011, 07:42 PM)
Ok, here's another compilation. The first part is an edit I just made of the 1990 Spotlight show which again has some overlap with other interviews and some unique stuff. There's also a neat little introduction at the beginning promoting Presto and Chronicles. Then, on the end of that I attached the short Diggin' Through the Vaults feature also from Muchmusic. I hope you guys like it. smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz8IGTWZIx4

You deserve this

http://www.greaterlacfc.org/images/photos/trophy_cup.jpg

Thanks so much wub.gif

Ok, here's another compilation I just made. It's just a bunch of random leftovers from other things I've edited. Mostly Muchmusic 80s era video introductions and premiers, contests, etc. Just bits and pieces of things. There's also a brief 1990 interview clip at 10:53 with Geddy I've never seen anywhere else as well as some additional footage from the 1990 Geddy Presto profile interview. There's also a bit more coverage of the Artist of the Decade Award with some Kim Mitchell interview clips and also the Alex portion of the Gowan Lost Brotherhood video from the solo to the end. The whole Gowan video is already on youtube but I doubt many people know that Alex is on it so I included it here.

Anyway, it's just a little time capsule thing. It may be cool and nostalgic to some and utterly boring to others. I hope some of you like it anyway, it's really tedious to put all these short clips together but hopefully it's fun to watch. smile.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 9 2011, 09:39 PM)
Ok, here's another compilation I just made. It's just a bunch of random leftovers from other things I've edited. Mostly Muchmusic 80s era video introductions and premiers, contests, etc. Just bits and pieces of things. There's also a brief 1990 interview clip at 10:53 with Geddy I've never seen anywhere else as well as some additional footage from the 1990 Geddy Presto profile interview. There's also a bit more coverage of the Artist of the Decade Award with some Kim Mitchell interview clips and also the Alex portion of the Gowan Lost Brotherhood video from the solo to the end. The whole Gowan video is already on youtube but I doubt many people know that Alex is on it so I included it here.

Anyway, it's just a little time capsule thing. It may be cool and nostalgic to some and utterly boring to others. I hope some of you like it anyway, it's really tedious to put all these short clips together but hopefully it's fun to watch. smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX2u86UQJR0

cool and nostalgic wink.gif applaudit.gif

bravo. and thanks!

was that the cnn guy in the middle there...?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 9 2011, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 9 2011, 09:39 PM)

Anyway, it's just a little time capsule thing. It may be cool and nostalgic to some and utterly boring to others. I hope some of you like it anyway, it's really tedious to put all these short clips together but hopefully it's fun to watch.  smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX2u86UQJR0

cool and nostalgic wink.gif applaudit.gif

bravo. and thanks!

was that the cnn guy in the middle there...?

Yeah, John Roberts. He's in tons of Rush vids going back to the late 70s. Check out the Diggin' Thru The Vaults part of the other video I recently added and you can see him interviewing Ray Daniels in 1979 for example. He's in a bunch of other Rush clips (as well as on Beyond the Lighted Stage, obviously).

Glad you liked it! smile.gif

Ok, here's something else. 2 of the videos of Alex performing at the 1993 and 1994 Kumbaya festivals are already on youtube but I've never seen this 3rd one there. The quality's not the greatest but it's the only version of it that I know of. For those of you with the Merely Players (or "Mereley Players" as it's incorrectly titled) book there's a high quality full page photograph in it from this performance.

Anyway, enough of my yackin'. laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 7 2011, 10:20 PM)
I posted the encore from the Roll the Bones tour in 2 parts. This is from Jacksonville, Florida in 1992. I've got a million of these audience-filmed concerts and I don't plan to upload a whole lot from them but the video and audio quality here is pretty darn good. The main reason I uploaded it is because Alex is just super-silly throughout. He's really hilarious and even gets Geddy to laugh while he's singing. And check out Neil standing and doing the Pete Townshend windmill move during Finding My Way!  laugh.gif The whole band's in a great mood here.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRmwYN7OO0

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqcXv-HlQw

Too funny, I love to see them having fun! laugh.gif

Thanks a lot again! trink39.gif

I think this may have been posted a while back but I can't find it now so I'm going to go ahead and add it. I know the Helsinki press conference from 2007 is still there though so I won't bother duplicating that one. This is the press conference at the start of the second leg of the S&A tour in Puerto Rico. Some of you have probably already seen it.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 12 2011, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (evilsugar25 @ Mar 9 2011, 11:57 PM)
from Rush Spotlight 1990.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/evilsugar25/pert.jpg

sigh. really?

Im sure this one causes him to twitch.

It causes any *real* Rush fan to twitch. sarcasm.gif

Archived