What's For Dinner?

The Owl

Stir Fry teriyaki beef and Broccoli w/ mushrooms (and a shit load of pepper) and onions, fried rice, and egg rolls... all homemade.. except for the eggrolls they were frozen.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/181754_1293218706855_1721935193_539887_8365101_n.jpg

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 23 2011, 08:38 PM)
Stir Fry teriyaki beef and Broccoli w/ mushrooms (and a shit load of pepper) and onions, fried rice, and egg rolls... all homemade.. except for the eggrolls they were frozen.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/181754_1293218706855_1721935193_539887_8365101_n.jpg

i would just buy it from the local chinese place but i'm curious how you made it? beef, broccoli, mushrooms, teriyaki stir fry in wok?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 23 2011, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 23 2011, 08:38 PM)
Stir Fry teriyaki beef and Broccoli w/ mushrooms (and a shit load of pepper) and onions, fried rice, and egg rolls...  all homemade.. except for the eggrolls they were frozen.

i would just buy it from the local chinese place but i'm curious how you made it? beef, broccoli, mushrooms, teriyaki stir fry in wok?

I used a regular frying pan, I don't have a wok... but was pretty easy.

I was looking for this thread the other night!

Sunday night was: Haddock wrapped in bacon cooked in the oven, paired with asparagus topped with lemon mayonaise. Side dish was parmesean potato wedges. All homemade and from scratch. It was fabulous if I must say so myself!

Homemade beef vegetable soup steaming hot with a toasted-and-buttered bagel on the side. California red table wine.

*note to self - add French red table wine to shopping list!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 2 2011, 06:36 PM)
Wife made this corn chowder with potato and bacon. Damn good! I'll post a pic in the pic thread later.

mmmm, sounds delish!

looking forward to the pic smile.gif

Made some grilled chicken chef salads...

Or as I call it "What's the point of making a salad, salad" After you add the hard boiled egg, cheese, the meat, bacon, croutons, dressing, and frenches fried onions.

Oven-roasting a whole chicken today.

Dinner will be thick-sliced roasted chicken breast, steamed Brussels sprouts tossed in butter & fresh garlic, served with brown Basmati rice. California red table wine.

Tomorrow will make a stock from roasted chicken carcass to be the base for a homemade chicken vegetable soup.

Thinking of doing a turkey roast with all the trimmings.