Let's give Xanadu some love

In A Tidewater Surge

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, yes, give me some love...

Oh, you meant the song, Tj? sad.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jan 2 2011, 05:25 PM)
Obviously, Tim. Nobody could ever love you.

>implying people love you

>implying using greentext won't make Kenneth mad

>implying I don't care about any of this

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jan 2 2011, 05:34 PM)
I'm still not sure how to work the color tags on here ph34r.gif

When you go to make a post, look for the color bar. Highlight the text you want to color, then choose a color from the drop-down menu.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/diapo51d232d2518139c58e8098d03a5036.gif

Xanadu

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/diapo51d232d2518139c58e8098d03a5036.gif

We good?

laugh.gif on this thread!

One time my wife and I were visiting my sister, her husband and my mother. My brother-in-law put on Xanadu and my sister and him proceeded to do this kind of extemporaneous dance/pantomime/singalong thing with the song. Well, you had to be there, but the rest of us were in absolute hysterics for 11 minutes. I asked my mother afterward, and she said she really liked the song, and my wife did too. They both aren't Rush fans, my wife especially, but even they could appreciate the beauty and wonder of this song.

Xanadu is pure awesomeness. People wonder why I will put down some later Rush. It's because of songs like this. It's such a high benchmark that even Rush can't live up to it. Even getting close to it is a marvel. The song is otherworldly awesome. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 2 2011, 04:33 PM)
laugh.gif on this thread!

One time my wife and I were visiting my sister, her husband and my mother.  My brother-in-law put on Xanadu and my sister and him proceeded to do this kind of extemporaneous dance/pantomime/singalong thing with the song.  Well, you had to be there, but the rest of us were in absolute hysterics for 11 minutes.  I asked my mother afterward, and she said she really liked the song, and my wife did too.  They both aren't Rush fans, my wife especially, but even they could appreciate the beauty and wonder of this song.

Xanadu is pure awesomeness.  People wonder why I will put down some later Rush.  It's because of songs like this.  It's such a high benchmark that even Rush can't live up to it.  Even getting close to it is a marvel.  The song is otherworldly awesome. yes.gif

Was there alcohol involved? unsure.gif laugh.gif

I feel exactly this way about La Villa Strangiato. Inhumanly awesome! Amazing, brilliant...

And, yes, I love Xanadu, too. I'm one of those easy-going types who likes everything... every.thing. Rush has done. Now, there's a caveat to that; some I like more than others. Some I LOVE. But, IMO, even the "worst" Rush songs beats the hell out of most of the pap and crap that's passing for music nowadays! old.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jan 2 2011, 06:03 PM)
alex will mention how they want to play this on the next tour but 2 weeks before they will decide to play the way the wind blows instead. sad.gif

LOL I was actually really glad when they didn't play Jacob's Ladder. I like the song, but it's the weakest one on the album.

On Topic: Xanadu is a great song, I raise my cup to it.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 2 2011, 06:43 PM)
And no, no alcohol involved, as far as I know! tongue.gif

No, but knowing you, there was definitely some acid involved.

tongue.gif

I spent several weeks with Xanadu and my Rickenbacker trying to learn this song. I never grew tired of it. Whenever I hear this song, I remember that time.

Archived