The Official Iron Maiden Thread

Nate2112

Very sad news...he was a great drummer, and left Maiden because he couldn't handle long tours. He struggled with his disease for years, and Maiden did a few benefit concerts for him. Rest in peace, Clive....

http://www.ironmaide...m/tourdates.php

wow, a 2nd american leg! pretty funny since I remember a few people on this forum saying that it wouldn't happen.

Considering Maiden hasn't done a second leg of a tour in the US in over 20 years, there was no reason for us to think it would happen at all. You forgot some big news though, Megadeth will be opening those shows in america.

Edited by J2112YYZ

FUKK YEAH! Maiden is coming to KC (& StL) for the first time in 13 years! They have redeemed themselves! The clouds have parted! I'm not fukking kidding, I would sell my Rush tix to see this if I had to (won't happen). Actually I'm a jackass and haven't seen them since NPFTD in '91. UP THE IRONS! Edited by GeddyLeeRoth
  • Like 1

wow, a 2nd american leg! pretty funny since I remember a few people on this forum saying that it wouldn't happen.

Also funny, considering there's still only one UK show :rage:

Considering Maiden hasn't done a second leg of a tour in the US in over 20 years, there was no reason for us to think it would happen at all. You forgot some big news though, Megadeth will be opening those shows in america.

I just assumed it would happen since the show did so well in the south, they'd wanna play more

Yeah, but don't they play at a different castle every other weekend over there?

Yeah, but don't they play at a different castle every other weekend over there?

Yeah, but only in my dreams

Ok, finally giving AMoLaD a go (TY TD) and TFF to follow soon.

it's my favorite album since Bruce and Adrian came back.Gets a lot of hate, but I think it's fantastic!

Is that right? I thought it was a fave! What do you think of TFF?

it's my favorite album since Bruce and Adrian came back.Gets a lot of hate, but I think it's fantastic!

Is that right? I thought it was a fave! What do you think of TFF?

TFF took a few listens to grow on me. I love it now, but it took a little while. Miles above DOD.
  • Like 1

2 great albums, AMOLAD is EPIC. TFF is bloody marvellous too, I can live without the sound collage crap for the first half of Satellite 15....The Final Frontier, but that's a minor quibble.

• Like 3

they're comin back to the states tomorrow...wonder if the setlist will be changed at all. of course I'd love to see them drop afraid to shoot strangers, but the set's so damn good I can't complain.

and I wonder what megadeth's set will be...I've never seen them before, but their sets always end up being very predictable

I don't believe the set will change. They played the same set in Europe this summer. It's the same tour so there's no reason why they should change it. The set is great as it is and the show they put on will easily be one of the best, if not the best show you'll ever see. You might be surprised how Afraid To Shoot Strangers comes off live. It's a lot better than the studio version.

You also won't have to worry about a lame crowd like you had at your Rush show. Maiden fans aren't like that at all. They are completely into it from beginning to end. Especially with this tour since Maiden is playing all the old stuff everybody loves.

they're comin back to the states tomorrow...wonder if the setlist will be changed at all. of course I'd love to see them drop afraid to shoot strangers, but the set's so damn good I can't complain.

and I wonder what megadeth's set will be...I've never seen them before, but their sets always end up being very predictable

Are you going to be at the Raleigh, NC show tomorrow? I am taking my brother to see it. Sort of a "bucket list" thing that I wanted to do, since we weren't "allowed" to listen to this type of music when we were growing up. We don't have the best seats, but at least we're not on the lawn.

Are you going to be at the Raleigh, NC show tomorrow? I am taking my brother to see it. Sort of a "bucket list" thing that I wanted to do, since we weren't "allowed" to listen to this type of music when we were growing up. We don't have the best seats, but at least we're not on the lawn.

nope, I'll be at the nashville show on thursday. got pit tickets as an early birthday present.

don't knock lawn til you try it! I've had lawn at several shows, always a fun time. you can do pretty much whatever you want

The handful of times I've been on the lawn for shows, I didn't like it. I always felt like it was a bit disconnected from the show. It felt like I was hanging out at the local park with a concert going on a half mile away. I know lawn is cheaper but I need to be in the seats otherwise I just feel too far away from what's happening on stage. The GA pit is awesome but it may also ruin concerts for you. Once you see a show from that close up, especially one like Maiden, you can never go back to the lawn again.