They need to bring back this gem...

shaun3701

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Dec 6 2010, 11:00 AM)
If they are going to play any song from Presto it needs to be Superconductor. I think I am the only Rush fan who likes that song. Its actually the only song I like from that album.

No, please no more Superconductor ever. I would not mind hearing War Paint again.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Dec 6 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Dec 6 2010, 11:00 AM)
If they are going to play any song from Presto it needs to be Superconductor. I think I am the only Rush fan who likes that song.  Its actually the only song I like from that album.

No, please no more Superconductor ever. I would not mind hearing War Paint again.

if you guys want war paint please make it the last song of the first set on the next tour so i can get a head start to the bathroom. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Dec 6 2010, 07:56 AM)
No! Show Don't Tell, The Pass, or Presto, everything else from this album can take a hike.

YOU can take a hike! Give me War Paint! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Or even better...Scars! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Dec 6 2010, 12:00 PM)
If they are going to play any song from Presto it needs to be Superconductor. I think I am the only Rush fan who likes that song. Its actually the only song I like from that album.

No, I have to confess to a fondness for Superconductor as well. ph34r.gif

But I'd LOVE to hear Scars live again. Go look at some YouTube versions of that one live - it kills.

QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ Dec 14 2010, 01:28 PM)
I love Anagram. I think it's underrated. I'd even love to hear it live.

Seriously ...

[it's out now ... So glad I did that ...]

One of the 5 worst songs they have ever recorded.

Total crapfest.

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 6 2010, 02:26 PM)
Available Light.

The best song on this otherwise mediocre Rush album. We have heard Show Don't Tell and The Pass and now Presto which are all excellent songs.

War Paint? Meh.
Scars? Meh.

Available Light is a brilliant song. Vocally inspiring, lyrically brilliant. The Piano sounds so good and organic. And Alex's crying solo is just gorgeous.

It is by far one of the most underrated and under appreciated songs in the bands long and storied catalog.

available light is the only song i like off presto.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 14 2010, 05:06 PM)
Available Light.

The best song on this otherwise mediocre Rush album. We have heard Show Don't Tell and The Pass and now Presto which are all excellent songs.

War Paint? Meh.
Scars? Meh.

Available Light is a brilliant song. Vocally inspiring, lyrically brilliant. The Piano sounds so good and organic. And Alex's crying solo is just gorgeous.

It is by far one of the most underrated and under appreciated songs in the bands long and storied catalog.

Wow. Thats a little suprising.

Show Don't Tell and The Pass are killer tracks and I actually really like Chain Lightning a bunch (just has a cool vibe to it).

It is one of there weakest albums for sure. And for the first time in my Rush listening history was a major letdown after the brilliant run of Hemispheres - Hold Your Fire. It felt like they had writers block and half realized a bunch of these songs.

I mean it's Rush so the standard is just brutally high. And after that brilliant run of their very best work ever we were bound for a letdown.

Then of course many others swear by Presto. Which is cool. I love the fact many different Rush fans have certain albums that just mean so much to them. Presto for me was just so.....sterile.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 14 2010, 10:08 PM)

Seriously ...

Total crapfest.

Beg to differ ...

Certainly better than 7 out of 10 songs on the follow-up to Presto.

Including Bravado.

Seriously ...

Feel no shame, you are not alone. Anagram has always been a guilty pleasure for me. Love Geddy's vocals on this one.

It always amazes me when I see people gush over CL, Superconductor and Available Light. To me, those songs really should have been recorded for HYF. They would have been right at home on the worst Rush album ever.

Just my opinion folks. No need for the HYF apologists to respond.

QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ Dec 15 2010, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 14 2010, 10:08 PM)

Seriously ...

Total crapfest.

Beg to differ ...

Certainly better than 7 out of 10 songs on the follow-up to Presto.

Including Bravado.

Whoa....we hear Rush with different ears for sure.

Every single song on RTB is better than Anagram to my ears.

Available Light.

War Paint? Meh.
Scars? Meh.

Available Light is the only song that I truly DISLIKE from Presto. I've listened to it maybe five times all the way through. It's the only song where Geddy has a vocal part that makes my skin crawl...."Give me Available Light". Normally, I enjoy Geddy's vocals and I have no problem with the screaming vocals of the early years. I'm just glad that I didn't have a screwdriver handy when I used to try and listen to it.

QUOTE (StanGetz @ Dec 15 2010, 08:19 PM)
Available Light.

War Paint? Meh.
Scars? Meh.

Available Light is the only song that I truly DISLIKE from Presto. I've listened to it maybe five times all the way through. It's the only song where Geddy has a vocal part that makes my skin crawl...."Give me Available Light". Normally, I enjoy Geddy's vocals and I have no problem with the screaming vocals of the early years. I'm just glad that I didn't have a screwdriver handy when I used to try and listen to it.

one man's garbage is another man's treasure. wink.gif