Cleveland show will be filmed!!!

10040_1649983119

QUOTE (tripdad @ Dec 6 2010, 08:12 PM)
Never mind all the negative Cleveland BS you jack weeds are saying!... I can't believe they are not filming this in Cuyahoga Falls!!  (Pretty much an inside joke)
Seriously, WTF?  Give Cleveland people a break.  It's not our fault Rush isn't in the hall.  It's not our fault our weather sucks, our football, baseball, and now basketball teams suck.  It's not our fault we only have minor league hockey (which is still fun to go to at $11.50 per ticket!).

One thing we can take credit for and nobody on this forum can dispute it... Cleveland helped in making Rush successful.  It is well known fact that Cleveland was one of the first cities that gave Rush airtime.  Us Ohioans that go back to those days of listening to WMMS are proud of that.  Of course we don't listen to WMMS anymore because they pretty much suck, but back in the 70s it was THE station!

So lighten up Francis!  Rush is touring, I would venture to say most of us our going to some city to see them, and we continue to enjoy the music these guys provide us!

2.gif

now mellow!

goodpost.gif yes.gif 100% correct!!!

Class move by the guys, "Why not NewYork or L.A.?? " schla03.gif kind of thing been done a million times before.. 2.gif STILL Against the run of the mill, Swimming against the stream....

I remember the same fists crying.gif rage.gif when Cleveland received the most votes to have RushCon there one year.

Some people can be so damn ignorant with there naive assumptions and stereotypes. I would never openly bash someones hometown out of respect of others on this forum(one important reason why,probably never been there, like many who haven't been to NorthEast Ohio let alone Cleveland but still will rip Cleveland because it's always been the worn out norm to do so..) VERY WEAK!! beathorse.gif

Edited by softfilter

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tripdad @ Dec 6 2010, 08:12 PM)
Never mind all the negative Cleveland BS you jack weeds are saying!... I can't believe they are not filming this in Cuyahoga Falls!! (Pretty much an inside joke)
Seriously, WTF? Give Cleveland people a break. It's not our fault Rush isn't in the hall. It's not our fault our weather sucks, our football, baseball, and now basketball teams suck. It's not our fault we only have minor league hockey (which is still fun to go to at $11.50 per ticket!).

One thing we can take credit for and nobody on this forum can dispute it... Cleveland helped in making Rush successful. It is well known fact that Cleveland was one of the first cities that gave Rush airtime. Us Ohioans that go back to those days of listening to WMMS are proud of that. Of course we don't listen to WMMS anymore because they pretty much suck, but back in the 70s it was THE station!

So lighten up Francis! Rush is touring, I would venture to say most of us our going to some city to see them, and we continue to enjoy the music these guys provide us!

2.gif

now mellow!

You guys do pretty well in the beer department too.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Dec 7 2010, 06:55 PM)
Great news for sure! And it's about time there was a live show filmed in the USA!

I have to agree here. I always wondered why they filmed elsewhere (ASOH, RIR, R30, S&A). I wonder why they don't do more from Canada. Wasn't GUP filmed in Montreal?

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Dec 7 2010, 07:21 PM)
Great news for sure! And it's about time there was a live show filmed in the USA!

I have to agree here. I always wondered why they filmed elsewhere (ASOH, RIR, R30, S&A). I wonder why they don't do more from Canada. Wasn't GUP filmed in Montreal?

GUP was filmed in Toronto and ESL was filmed in Montreal.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Dec 7 2010, 07:51 PM)

GUP was filmed in Toronto and ESL was filmed in Montreal.

they filmed in Toronto on the T4E tour in 97 for a DVD release, but obviously that never came out. There were "technical issues" with the recording.

The reason the last four concert vids were filmed in those countries is simple -- production crew costs are a lot cheaper outside of North America. Very expensive to shoot a concert vid of that scale here, especially in the U.S.

Maybe that's why they're doing another leg of this tour -- to pay for the video!

Anyone else get the impression that the boys are starting to wrap things up?

The conveniently named Time Machine Tour, and now filming in Cleveland...nostalgia much?

Add to the fact that they seem to be taking their time with CA to get it right....

I can't help but feel, given the quality of what has been released thus far, that CA will be their rain song to Rush fans and rest of the music world.

QUOTE (Ranger J @ Dec 7 2010, 08:00 PM)
Anyone else get the impression that the boys are starting to wrap things up?

The conveniently named Time Machine Tour, and now filming in Cleveland...nostalgia much?

Add to the fact that they seem to be taking their time with CA to get it right....

I can't help but feel, given the quality of what has been released thus far, that CA will be their rain song to Rush fans and rest of the music world.

people have been saying this for years. Even if they were to do a "farewell tour", I guarantee 5 years later they'd get bored and start writing or touring again lol.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2010, 07:59 PM)

The reason the last four concert vids were filmed in those countries is simple -- production crew costs are a lot cheaper outside of North America. Very expensive to shoot a concert vid of that scale here, especially in the U.S.

Maybe that's why they're doing another leg of this tour -- to pay for the video!

When you have as much money as Rush, those expenses would be pocket change.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Dec 6 2010, 03:34 AM)
Is there a Miami date on this tour? Because we can't entirely rule out Rush announcing at the last minute that they're taking their video-recording talents to South Beach instead.

oohh, that stings a little.

just bought my tix for the Q show...and i figured- why not add a toledo ticket as well!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Jean Simmons @ Dec 6 2010, 06:54 AM)
It'll be a Cleveland Steamer.

Why oh why do we need this?

Oh yes, Ru$h Retirement fund.

Rush in Rio I watched umpty times
The R30 DVD about 5 times
The S&A DVD twice.

Diminishing returns.

Maybe they will improve the set list to make it worth buying other than just to complete the collection.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 13 2010, 06:10 PM)
I think Exit...Stage Left was also "filmed" as well. Grace Under Pressure Tour was video taped because I remember reading an article where Fogo Labs the ones that handled the R30 and S&A Live footage said that they found the full performance of it but they're waiting for the right time to release the entire show (I assume that it'd be a BluRay release just like the complete R30 show). Now as for the abandoned Different Stages DVD...I wonder what was wrong with the audio that the band decided to ditch it.

Other than that, filming, videotaping, or whatever, I'm really glad that they're deciding to document this tour somehow. I was really worried that they were deciding to pass up on the opportunity this tour, but that was before we all knew that there'll be a second leg next year.

I always figured that GUP tour video was taped for one easy to distinguish difference between that and film....that is Tape cameras from that time period couldn't handle light very well so when a beam of light would hit them, they would leave a trail of light whenever they moved. I think it has something to do with the fact that recording on tape (using a head) and recording on film (shuddering) are two different concepts.

I wish they would go back to film because one day when an even higher resolution comes along, they would be able to optimize it for that resolution laugh.gif haha oh well. im just dreaming now...

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 19 2010, 09:47 PM)
Why does everyone seem content with DVD/2CD paginating.

What about just a CD.

because I want to see the whole production, not just listen to it in my car.