The Walking Dead

vital signz

I'm surprised there isn't more celebrating in this thread today since everybody got what they wanted last night.

Spoilers below:

Yep....seeing Lori die was sad for the story, but awesome to finally rid the show of such an abysmal actress. T-DOG..... I will miss that dude. Looks like they are substituting him for another black guy.

I'm surprised there isn't more celebrating in this thread today since everybody got what they wanted last night.

Spoilers below:

Yep....seeing Lori die was sad for the story, but awesome to finally rid the show of such an abysmal actress. T-DOG..... I will miss that dude. Looks like they are substituting him for another black guy.

Yeah, it looked like the T-dog character was finally going somewhere after kind of just being there the first two seasons. They lost a good strong seasoned fighter with him.

I have to give some props to Andrew Lincoln (Rick) for his reaction to Lori's death in the final scene. He did a hell of a job there and him collapsing at the end really told what a deflating moment that was for Rick.

Edited by J2112YYZ

"Yeah, it looked like the T-dog character was finally going somewhere after kind of just being there the first two seasons. They lost a good strong seasoned fighter with him.

I have to give some props to Andrew Lincoln (Rick) for his reaction to Lori's death in the final scene. He did a hell of a job there and him collapsing at the end really told what a deflating moment that was for Rick."

Yeah, it wasn't easy watching him break down like that. He knew that he would never have a chance to make things right between them even though she was making an effort. I wanted her gone, but both she and Carl had redeemed themselves pretty good this season by just shutting up and becoming part of the group instead of whining prima donnas.

I'll miss T-Dog. I think his death (and Lori's) will probably soften Rick up about the two remaining prisoners joining the group.

I think we are going to see Rick's rage go overload on the zombies next week.

Rick is going to totally lose his mind it looks like...next week should be epic. I think ol' Merle is going to go up against the Gov...

Spoilers below:

Yeah, it looked like the T-dog character was finally going somewhere after kind of just being there the first two seasons. They lost a good strong seasoned fighter with him.

I have to give some props to Andrew Lincoln (Rick) for his reaction to Lori's death in the final scene. He did a hell of a job there and him collapsing at the end really told what a deflating moment that was for Rick.

I agree, it looked like T-Dog was finally gonna get a bigger part....but instead he got torn apart!!!!

And as much as I bitched about Lori I'm a little disappointed to see her gone 'cuz now there is really no one to bitch about...and they sort of started to write better material for her.

Yeah, Rick performed his reaction to her death well and I can't wait to see next weeks show to see what happens.

What a good episode. Really like that we are getting a look into the real inner workings of the the town (whatever it's called) and The Governor.

Really like it compared to last season which was good, but this is so much better.

Can't wait for next weeks show.

The name of the town is Wooddbury. This season is miles ahead of the last one which was just too slow during the first half. Once we got to the big payoff on the "where's Sophia?" story it picked up good after that. This season has just been way more action packed and fast paced so far.

It's gonna be surprising for those that haven't read to comic to find out who is calling Rick on the phone in that last scene :o

Edited by J2112YYZ

I find it odd that the characters never refer to them as zombies. Walkers, biters, etc...but not zombies. Ever notice that? Seems that would be the obvious reference.

You'd think so, but that assumes they lived in a world that had conceived of zombies in the first place. If they were t call them "zombies," you'd also expect them to reference the myriad of zombie movies that they had all probably seen before, or at least had heard of. The sense you get is that this is something entirely new to them, and therefore they have to learn about them: what causes them to turn, how to kill them, how to avoid them, how best to fight them, etc. It's also interesting to see how the different pockets of people have different terms for them.

There's no good reason to believe it wasn't real-life Atlanta in this current decade. The automobiles surely reflect that. You're left to assume their pop cultural sensibilities aren't some parallel Earth or some such thing where zombies aren't a cultural reference point. That's the beauty of this show, the prevailing sense that it's happening...to normal people in a normal world: ours. That's what makes it frightening. If it happened here and now...in our real world, I'm pretty sure we'd call them zombies until we came up with another cool name (like biters and walkers, etc). Edited by Presto-digitation

You're left to assume their pop cultural sensibilities aren't some parallel Earth or some such thing where zombies aren't a cultural reference point.

That's pretty much the point I was making. Everything else is the same, it's just that zombie movies had never been made. I think it's more effective that way, too.

Both the show and the comic take place in a world where the idea of zombies never existed. That's why they have so many names for them and never call them zombies. That's one of the things that makes it so trying for them to survive this, the can't just call upon things that were done in movies, TV, books or whatever. They've never heard or seen anything like this before so they have no knowledge in how to deal with it.

It's one of those little things they added like everyone being infected that sperates it and makes it different from every other zombie story. Focusing more on the human struggle to survive rather than just slaughtering zombies makes it that much better as well.

Edited by J2112YYZ

One of the more interesting aspects is that the surviving humans act just like they do in just about every other end-of-civilisation movie or series with zombies thrown in. Some try to hang onto what they had even if it means becoming a dictator (the Governor), some try to make the best of what they have while striving to maintain their humanity (Rick), others just become brutal survival machines with little or no morals left. The realism of it is what is so inticing for me. You can't help but to think how you would react in a similar situation.

One of the more interesting aspects is that the surviving humans act just like they do in just about every other end-of-civilisation movie or series with zombies thrown in. Some try to hang onto what they had even if it means becoming a dictator (the Governor), some try to make the best of what they have while striving to maintain their humanity (Rick), others just become brutal survival machines with little or no morals left. The realism of it is what is so inticing for me. You can't help but to think how you would react in a similar situation.

That was the whole purpose of the original graphic novels, to explore what would happen to people in the event of a complete societal collapse. The author chose the zombie apocalypse as the vehicle to bring down civilization, but as we are seeing, the real threats are from other surviving people. The zombies are, essentially, a managable threat.

The person who plays Michonne portrays her character perfectly. The current world they live in has left her very cold, emotionless and untrustworthy of others. That's how she is in both the comic and the show and the actress does a fine job of doing that. Michonne is almost robot like in her personality and doesn't really need a groudbreaking performance to make the character. There's more mystery to her than anything else. I think the character has gone perfectly and according to plan so far. The only other character on the show that stays this true to who they are in the comic is Rick.

The person who plays Michonne portrays her character perfectly. The current world they live in has left her very cold, emotionless and untrustworthy of others. That's how she is in both the comic and the show and the actress does a fine job of doing that. Michonne is almost robot like in her personality and doesn't really need a groudbreaking performance to make the character. There's more mystery to her than anything else. I think the character has gone perfectly and according to plan so far. The only other character on the show that stays this true to who they are in the comic is Rick.

I don't care how perfectly she portrays the character as seen in the comic, I don't like her acting, and for that matter I'm not particularly fond of the character...I understand why she behaves the way she does, I get everything about her, just don't like the way that actress portrays her. And I'm particularly disappointed with her action sequences. They are completely unbelievable and clearly as fake as can be. The directors should demand retakes (even at the risk of losing filming time) 'cuz her action scenes are so poorly done. That scene in the second to last episode when she is being chased by Merle and the other guys and she jumps out of the trees and kills 2 of the guys was horrible in that her performance was so....unbelievable is all I can say....I guess my point is the actress doesn't move and fight like the bad ass she is supposed to be.

I don't care how perfectly she portrays the character as seen in the comic, I don't like her acting, and for that matter I'm not particularly fond of the character...I understand why she behaves the way she does, I get everything about her, just don't like the way that actress portrays her. And I'm particularly disappointed with her action sequences. They are completely unbelievable and clearly as fake as can be. The directors should demand retakes (even at the risk of losing filming time) 'cuz her action scenes are so poorly done. That scene in the second to last episode when she is being chased by Merle and the other guys and she jumps out of the trees and kills 2 of the guys was horrible in that her performance was so....unbelievable is all I can say....I guess my point is the actress doesn't move and fight like the bad ass she is supposed to be.

I have no issues with how Michonne has been portrayed so far. In fact there is only one issue I have so far this season and that's from last weeks show. The scientist at Woodbury was conducting that experiment with the old man dying from cancer to see if there's any memory of their life after they die and change over. The experiment itself is a good one to do, but what doesn't make sense is why he started asking the man the questions almost immediately after he turned into a zombie. I haven't experienced death yet but i'm guessing it's a big transition going from this world to the next. Why the scientist didn't give the man some time to realise he was dead before asking him the questions didn't make sense to me. Shouldn't he at least given the dead man time to process, in whatever way zombies do, that he was dead and then ask him things?

Maybe i'm thinking too much about that but it just bugged me how quickly he went right into it without giving the man a chance to realise what's happened to him.

I have no issues with how Michonne has been portrayed so far. In fact there is only one issue I have so far this season and that's from last weeks show. The scientist at Woodbury was conducting that experiment with the old man dying from cancer to see if there's any memory of their life after they die and change over. The experiment itself is a good one to do, but what doesn't make sense is why he started asking the man the questions almost immediately after he turned into a zombie. I haven't experienced death yet but i'm guessing it's a big transition going from this world to the next. Why the scientist didn't give the man some time to realise he was dead before asking him the questions didn't make sense to me. Shouldn't he at least given the dead man time to process, in whatever way zombies do, that he was dead and then ask him things?

Maybe i'm thinking too much about that but it just bugged me how quickly he went right into it without giving the man a chance to realise what's happened to him.

Perhaps he thought his best chance to see if there was anything of the person left was to begin questioning him right away. Maybe his hypothesis was that they retained some memory of who they are after they turned, but that the longer it had been since they had turned, the more of that memory they lost. Just a thought.

They have had plenty of time to work with other walkers/biters to see if they remembered anything about themselves or their previous lives. But maybe the idea that the best time to see if any memory retained would be right after someone turned was new.