The Walking Dead

vital signz

Best season yet. This show has finally become great in my eyes.

I agree....and I really liked Michonne this episode!!!

Carl is really turning into quite the killer too...looks like he might be challenging Rick for the leadership pos. soon too.

Too bad about a Daryl but you know he and Merle are gonna team up, Andrea is gonna rescue them and they're gonna go join up with the prison gang soon....Speaking of which, how about the new people in the prison. I was kinda surprised by that whole thing there. But it's nice to see fresh meat on the show as well.

The Gov. is turning out to be a real meanie...to bad about his walker kid though. It's prol'ly for the best though...I mean one little slip and he's walker chow.

Good episode all around. can't wait 'til the spring.

Best season yet. This show has finally become great in my eyes.

I agree....and I really liked Michonne this episode!!!

Carl is really turning into quite the killer too...looks like he might be challenging Rick for the leadership pos. soon too.

Too bad about a Daryl but you know he and Merle are gonna team up, Andrea is gonna rescue them and they're gonna go join up with the prison gang soon....Speaking of which, how about the new people in the prison. I was kinda surprised by that whole thing there. But it's nice to see fresh meat on the show as well.

The Gov. is turning out to be a real meanie...to bad about his walker kid though. It's prol'ly for the best though...I mean one little slip and he's walker chow.

Good episode all around. can't wait 'til the spring.

Carl isn't challenging Rick for leadership. Yes, he's turned into a badass this season and is showing that he has leadership qualities but he's only like 12 years old. He won't take over as full time leader anytime soon. If anyone challenges Rick's leadership it will be either Merel, Daryl or Tyresse.

There's more to Micchone then they've shown. Let's just say that those two zombies she walked around with for protection weren't just random ones she found one day. I like how the new people were introduced and I also like that even though that woman was bitching at Carl to unlock the door, Tyresse was smart enough to put a stop to it and realise that it's not his house so it's not his rules and was greatful to at least have a safe place to stay. For them to have survived on the run just a little bit longer than Rick and the group did shows that Tyresse and his group are just as strong as Rick's.

The Governor is straight up nuts and he was that long before Woodbury and the zombies came along.

The second half of the season starts in Feburary so we won't have to wait until spring :haz:

One of the more interesting aspects is that the surviving humans act just like they do in just about every other end-of-civilisation movie or series with zombies thrown in. Some try to hang onto what they had even if it means becoming a dictator (the Governor), some try to make the best of what they have while striving to maintain their humanity (Rick), others just become brutal survival machines with little or no morals left. The realism of it is what is so inticing for me. You can't help but to think how you would react in a similar situation.

:goodone:

And that's why people are so interested in this IMO. I feel like I would do better than most of the characters in the show but who knows.

I don't know why they didn't use some of those tanks they've found. They might come in handy during the second half of season 3.

One of the more interesting aspects is that the surviving humans act just like they do in just about every other end-of-civilisation movie or series with zombies thrown in. Some try to hang onto what they had even if it means becoming a dictator (the Governor), some try to make the best of what they have while striving to maintain their humanity (Rick), others just become brutal survival machines with little or no morals left. The realism of it is what is so inticing for me. You can't help but to think how you would react in a similar situation.

And that's why people are so interested in this IMO. I feel like I would do better than most of the characters in the show but who knows.

I don't know why they didn't use some of those tanks they've found. They might come in handy during the second half of season 3.

Well, the Governor might find those useful if he wants to take control of the prison, right?

Well, the Governor might find those useful if he wants to take control of the prison, right?

I was referring to team prison using one on woodburry. Rick & Glen know where one is and how to get into it. I'm sure they could figure out how to get it started.

I was referring to team prison using one on woodburry. Rick & Glen know where one is and how to get into it. I'm sure they could figure out how to get it started.

If they had the time to figure it out sure. I'm guessing starting up a tank without the keys is not quite the same thing as doing it with a car. Plus, driving it and knowing how to operate it properly is a whole other thing as well.

g

If they had the time to figure it out sure. I'm guessing starting up a tank without the keys is not quite the same thing as doing it with a car. Plus, driving it and knowing how to operate it properly is a whole other thing as well.

Well, me and my son were talking about this and that was one of my suggestions. (It's what I would do.) I think it would be ready to go along with all of the other vehicles out there because zombies have no interest in stealing or driving cars. I don't think it would be that hard to drive either.

But, there are other things they could do. They have to do something because team Woodbury is going to attack. They could abandon the prison and go somewhere else. But if they stay they need to come up with a pretty good defense. I guess they could set up a zombie trap in the prison courtyard that could take out ten or twenty of them. This might make it possible to take out the remaining attackers. Or they could preemptively attack woodbury and breach the wall to let in some walkers. I don't think this would be a good idea though because it would play into the lie that the Governor told the people. So, team prison has to prepare an adequate defense against a vastly superior foe both in numbers and weapons. Whatever happens should be good.

This season my favorite "I want to see him/her die" character is Merle. Even more than the Governor. Any other favorites?

I think that you want Merle to die is a reflection of the good job the actor is doing in portraying him. He plays a despicable, unlikable character and that you hate him enough to want him dead a credit to Michael Rooker (had to look that up).

I mean we all wanted Lori dead 'cuz she was a shitty mom, and a crappy actress, but this guy is great as Merle. I hope he sticks around 'cuz, as J2112YYZ said, there are so many places to take this guy.

I don't know who I want dead.....I had settled on Michonne for a while but she it's not the character or the actress, it was something else, but I think she should stay...Ya know what...I think if I had to have someone die it would be Merle 'cuz he's such a mean, rotten POS who's death would satisfy me if I was stuck with him in TWD world, but in TV land I think he needs to stay...I can't think of who should go next.

Oh yeah, it's Merle the character, not Michael Rooker the actor, he is really good. I was just thinking out loud. I actually agree that Merle is mean and nasty enough to stick around for a while. It's Daryl I'm really worried about.

Why do you want Merle to die? They lose too good of a character if they did that. He has to stick around, there's just so many good storylines for him to get involved with.

I agree. Merle has appeal even if he's a jerk. It's sort of implied that has the ability to switch sides and repent if things go a certain way and I think they will. But either way, he's definitely the most fun character to watch IMO.

Is nobody else excited that there's just about a month left?

I think anyone who remotely likes the show is excited. The first half of this season was so action-packed, especially compared to the first half of last season. Curious to see what the writers will do this time around.

• Like 1

Pretty average kickoff to the second half of the season, to be frank. Wasn't bad, but it also wasn't one of the better episodes either. Felt flat.

Yeah...was kinda hoping for a little more action.

Merle is a prick.

It's easy to see why Rick is losing his marbles...His world, in a world gone to hell, is going to hell.

• Like 1

I think Daryl should have struggled with this more. I understand Merle's your kin and all, but this fucktard nearly killed you one second and the next you're blindly forsaking all those smarts you have because he's your brother...period. Please. He's smarter than that. I'm sure it'll become that big mistake that he's made, but...it would've been more convincing had he been really torn. Seriously -- had I been Rick or Glenn or Michone -- I'd have put a bullet in Merle's head about two seconds after they'd escaped Woodbury when he kept going on and on. He was begging for it and I'd have obliged him and simply DEALT with the fallout with Daryl. Fact.
  • Like 2

Pretty average kickoff to the second half of the season, to be frank. Wasn't bad, but it also wasn't one of the better episodes either. Felt flat.

I thought the opening was very promising, then it sort of slowed down and evened out.

The thing I'm wondering is how long it will take for Rick to begin to trust Tyrese. It didn't occur to me until last night that now that Tyrese has finally arrived, Daryl is now expendable. Tyrese can become Rick's right hand man. My hope is that they make room for both, with Merle getting a bullet in the brain by the end of the season.

It was slower paced then the rest of the season but it was still a solid episode that moved the story along. After how action packed the first half of the season was I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few episodes that are a little slower before it picks back up going into the end.

the thing that I picked up on mostly last night was that kiss the girl(her name escapes me) gave Rick on the cheek when he returned. I wonder if there's more to that in the upcoming episodes.

Does anyone read the comics? I know they're different than what the show is doing. I've thought about pick up the books. Maybe down the road. I've got enough comics to read as it is :LOL:

• Like 1