The Walking Dead

vital signz

SPOILER

I hated what happened in the lat 5 minutes. I really like that character and now he's gonna be out of action and possibly dead and there is gonna be more drama like in the last season with Carl...where he's on the brink of death, and they can't go anywhere, and everything is gonna revolve around whether he's gonna make it. I just liked all that zombie target practice at the beginning. It was action, it was fun and it was good to see a side of the cast where their animal instinct to survive has finally come into affect.

BTW...That prison was scary!!!

Does it seem like there are more zombies now? In the very first episode, when Rick was leaving the hospital there were dead people covered up all over the place as if some died from the disease and other turned into zombies, now it seems as if everyone turned into walkers. I know Rick explained the disease is in all of them and they will all turn once they die, but that didn't seem to be the explanation when the doctor at the center for disease control said...I'm just wondering...it seems there are a ton more walkers in this season which is fine with me, 'cuz it means more zombie bashing and less, "where's Carl"?

BTW...I hope Lori loses the baby in utero and it pulls an alien chest busting trick on her.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Oct 20 2012, 06:34 AM)
SPOILER

I hated what happened in the lat 5 minutes. I really like that character and now he's gonna be out of action and possibly dead and there is gonna be more drama like in the last season with Carl...where he's on the brink of death, and they can't go anywhere, and everything is gonna revolve around whether he's gonna make it. I just liked all that zombie target practice at the beginning. It was action, it was fun and it was good to see a side of the cast where their animal instinct to survive has finally come into affect.

BTW...That prison was scary!!!

Does it seem like there are more zombies now? In the very first episode, when Rick was leaving the hospital there were dead people covered up all over the place as if some died from the disease and other turned into zombies, now it seems as if everyone turned into walkers. I know Rick explained the disease is in all of them and they will all turn once they die, but that didn't seem to be the explanation when the doctor at the center for disease control said...I'm just wondering...it seems there are a ton more walkers in this season which is fine with me, 'cuz it means more zombie bashing and less, "where's Carl"?

BTW...I hope Lori loses the baby in utero and it pulls an alien chest busting trick on her.

Herschel should survive for awhile and I don't believe he will become a burden to anybody. The infection was stopped by Rick cutting his leg off, now all he'll do is sit around or hop along with one leg now. He really shouldn't have been with them anyways when they went in the prison. He's 70 years old and shouldn't be fighting with the younger people. Plus, he's the only one in the group with any kind of medical knowledge/training, so they should do whatever they can to keep him out of danger. Not that you can avoid much danger in this kind of world though. Still, he should be kept safe as much as possible.

They will be in the prison for most, if not all of this season. Herschel being handicaped isn't the reason they stay. They have beds, shelter, a kicthen full of food and various other supplies in there. It becomes a safe haven for them where they do settle down for awhile. But they also have to deal with trust issues with the surviving inmates. That's how it goes in the comic anyways, I don't see why the show would venture to far off from that.

Yeah, the prison is scary. There are more zombies now because the longer this thing goes, the more people will die and thus more zombies are created. There's so many in the prison because people have avoided it and most of the inmates and gaurds that worked there were turned and because of the locked doors there isn't anywhere else for them to go so the place is infested with zombies. They still got a whole prison to explore and clean out. There's gonna be a lot more zombie slaying in these next few episodes 1287.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 20 2012, 01:19 PM)
They also seemed to imply that the group had been trying to get through the zombies and couldn't. I think the walkers all headed South for the winter and that is why there are so many.

No, the zombies aren't that smart at all, not even remotely close.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 20 2012, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 20 2012, 01:19 PM)
They also seemed to imply that the group had been trying to get through the zombies and couldn't.  I think the walkers all headed South for the winter and that is why there are so many.

No, the zombies aren't that smart at all, not even remotely close.

Maybe, but there seemed to be some reason why they couldn't punch through. When do the walkers start starving to death? They seem to be getting more rotten as the show goes on. Maybe they'll all decompose eventually.

Oh yeah, it's way more intresting to talk about how much we hate Lori and want her and Carl dead instead of talking about what actually happened on the show.

beathorse.gif

Another good episode last night and we're now seeing that Rick is becoming less and less human. He killed those inmates without a second thought when they decided to not follow the rules he had set. Who are the real monsters now? The zombies or Rick? ohmy.gif

When Rick put that machete in the guy's head my heart just leaped into my throat. The stare down was bad and I thought it might happen, but it still surprised me. Even more cold was the way he touched Lori at arm's length at the end of the episode. It's chilling, but very realistic. I think to do what he has done to this point you would have to lose a lot of your humanity.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 22 2012, 10:42 AM)
When Rick put that machete in the guy's head my heart just leaped into my throat. The stare down was bad and I thought it might happen, but it still surprised me. Even more cold was the way he touched Lori at arm's length at the end of the episode. It's chilling, but very realistic. I think to do what he has done to this point you would have to lose a lot of your humanity.

Yeah, this week redeemed last week's episode, which I thought was a little slow moving.

I don't even want Carl to be eaten as much as I used to! smile.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Oct 23 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 22 2012, 10:42 AM)
When Rick put that machete in the guy's head my heart just leaped into my throat.  The stare down was bad and I thought it might happen, but it still surprised me.  Even more cold was the way he touched Lori at arm's length at the end of the episode.  It's chilling, but very realistic.  I think to do what he has done to this point you would have to lose a lot of your humanity.

Yeah, this week redeemed last week's episode, which I thought was a little slow moving.

I don't even want Carl to be eaten as much as I used to! smile.gif

Carl, unlike his useless mom, has grown up a lot since last season and is proving his worth to the group. He knows how to kill walkers on his own and he found where the medicine in the prison was kept and brought what he could back to the group. Just like Rick, he's thinking of the greater good of the group and their survival.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 22 2012, 08:55 AM)
Oh yeah, it's way more intresting to talk about how much we hate Lori and want her and Carl dead instead of talking about what actually happened on the show.

beathorse.gif

Another good episode last night and we're now seeing that Rick is becoming less and less human. He killed those inmates without a second thought when they decided to not follow the rules he had set. Who are the real monsters now? The zombies or Rick? ohmy.gif

Take a joke ! Geez wacko.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Oct 26 2012, 03:26 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 22 2012, 08:55 AM)

beathorse.gif

Take a joke ! Geez wacko.gif

Sorry, that topic has been brought up a million times in this thread. It's time to lay it to rest trink39.gif

Yeah...Rick seems to be losing his sanity but it just makes him more dangerous. I actually thought he was going to kill Lori when they were standing in that fenced in overpass area at the end.

It was kind of boring but it was essential in establishing The Governor since he does become the biggest threat to Rick and the group. The Governor and his men are a bigger enemy than any zombie horde could be.

Interesting way to bring back Merel. He seemed a lot more calm then the last time he was around.