Owwwwwwwww

Lost In Xanadu

Get a pair of tweezers. That should work. Put a Bandaid on it & take an Advil.

I've got a Plantar's wart that's been bugging me for a while.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2010, 02:06 PM)
I cut my hand today when a glass door smashed on a piece of furniture I was lifting...ouch...

trink38.gif

Man that sucks!

When I was a kid, my grandpa gave be a box of broken glass for Christmas, and my brother a box of band-aids. He said "you two share."

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 26 2010, 02:42 PM)
I cut my hand today when a glass door smashed on a piece of furniture I was lifting...ouch...

trink38.gif

Man that sucks!

When I was a kid, my grandpa gave be a box of broken glass for Christmas, and my brother a box of band-aids. He said "you two share."

The cuts are not so bad really, but I felt a bit queasy for a while...

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 26 2010, 12:20 PM)
I have a splinter deep under my finger nail and I can't dig it out. Just bumping my finger hurts like hell. I see why this has been used for torture in some places.

Don't take any risks. Go to the clinic and get it taken out.

A buddy of mine almost lost his thumb due to leaving a (metal) splinter in it. He was *this close* to getting the infected thumb amputated.

Did the same a few weeks ago, hurts doesnt it. just grab it and pull it out the clean , take a pill, a shot or two and it will be fine. Will hurt for a few days .

Oh, and Boots, invest in the Freeze Away kit for the warts - I had some for a long time, and it got rid of them in two applications. Initially, you might doubt it's working, then they just disappear. And it it doesn't hurt - I don't have the highest pain tolerance, and I was fine.

Definitely a tweezers and/or a needle to dig it out - it sucks, but it'll be so much better when it's done. I don't know if it really is necessary, but I always learned to first light a match under the needle first to sterilize and then give it a few seconds to cool. Regardless, I'm a big fan of hydrogen peroxide afterward, even if it stings. My wife taught me to then put on some triple antibiotic ointment followed by a bandaid - it's a lot of steps, but you KNOW you won't get an infection if you do all that...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 30 2010, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 30 2010, 12:36 PM)
I've not had a splinter for a while, but I always used my teeth to get it out, always worked for me...

cool.gif

http://hornedgorilla3.tripod.com/G/gorilla.gif

tongue.gif

Your picture didn't work mate...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 30 2010, 02:10 PM)
....but I always learned to first light a match under the needle first to sterilize and then give it a few seconds to cool.

Umm.....I wouldn't be too keen on that idea. The needle could end up contaminated with residue from the burning match. ohmy.gif

Soaking the needle in alcohol for a minute or two would be the best way, IMO. smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 30 2010, 01:10 PM)
Definitely a tweezers and/or a needle to dig it out - it sucks, but it'll be so much better when it's done. I don't know if it really is necessary, but I always learned to first light a match under the needle first to sterilize and then give it a few seconds to cool. Regardless, I'm a big fan of hydrogen peroxide afterward, even if it stings. My wife taught me to then put on some triple antibiotic ointment followed by a bandaid - it's a lot of steps, but you KNOW you won't get an infection if you do all that...

The "hold a needle over a match" (or sometimes lighter) thing is crap, it's something you would hear from a 14 year-old doing piercings out of his truck. get some iodine, let it soak a few minutes, then make abolutely sure to get the residue off it with a good cleaning. after that, you'll be good as long as you take care of the wound.

[i will cite my dad as a source, as he's been doing tattoos and piercings for over 20 years]

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2010, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 26 2010, 02:42 PM)

trink38.gif

Man that sucks!

The cuts are not so bad really, but I felt a bit queasy for a while...

wacko.gif

I've had shards in my hand when a glass exploded in hot water, but it's the paper cuts that hurts like hell & makes me feel sick!

Archived