Favorite Concert DVD?

That One Guy

What's your favorite concert dvd the band has released? I love them all but I especially am fond of R30. The setlist (3+ hours) is amazing and the cover versions of songs were pretty good. Neil's solo was on fire as usual, the R30 medley was a good opener, and i would kill to see the 2112/LVS/Bytor/Xanadu/Working Man medley live. They should do that again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God, where do I start?! On DVD, I've got R30, Rush In Rio, A Show Of Hands, Exit Stage Left, & Snakes & Arrows. On video, as I've never seen it released on DVD, is Through The Camera Eye. I can't choose ANY of them I love them all.

Do you know what? This is gonna sound stupid - I can't believe I forgot Chronicles..!

I love them all, too! Just depends on my mood which one I'll watch...

But I gotta give it up for Rio. The energy of that show is simply amazing! The audience energized the band and they played so well. Plus I enjoy watching the documentary with it..

"What's a shrimpcot?" rofl3.gif

I Love the energy of Rush in Rio! I Love the quality of Snakes and Arrows and I love the set list for R30. But Honestly I wish they released a DVD of Different Stages! That would probably be my Favorite!

1022.gif

Rush in Rio, no doubt. That crowd is awesome and the fact that they made it through the shows with all the technical problems just adds to the awesomeness of the show.

Honorable mention to A Show of Hands. That version of Big Money... perfection.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 18 2010, 03:20 AM)
Oh God, where do I start?! On DVD, I've got R30, Rush In Rio, A Show Of Hands, Exit Stage Left, & Snakes & Arrows. On video, as I've never seen it released on DVD, is Through The Camera Eye. I can't choose ANY of them I love them all.

Do you know what? This is gonna sound stupid - I can't believe I forgot Chronicles..!

Through The Camera Eye isn't on DVD, but it's been converted from VHS and put up on Usenet. Not sure if it's there right this second, but I've found it there before.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 18 2010, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 18 2010, 03:20 AM)

Through The Camera Eye isn't on DVD, but it's been converted from VHS and put up on Usenet. Not sure if it's there right this second, but I've found it there before.

Anyway this show could get onto Megaupload?

Hi, newbie here, and I gotta say that while I can completely understand why R30 may top many people's lists, especially due to the setlist, my personal favorite will always be S&A live. I'm a new fan to Rush as well as a new member of this forum, and S&A live (on Blu-Ray) is the very live DVD that made me realize and appreciate the raw power, energy, and perfectionism (or at least as close to it as a band can get in a live setting) that this band brings across live. Love the versions of "The Way the Wind Blows", "Freewill", "Dreamline", and "Natural Science", just to name a few of my favorites.

Although, getting back to the topic of R30, it includes my favorite Rush song (Red Barchetta), some blistering cover tunes (their version of "The Seeker" - wow!), and a phenomenal acoustic rendition of "Resist", so it's really a close call for me. Still, however, I'd say that S&A live takes the cake for me.

Oooh, tough one. I'm torn between R30 and A Show of Hands. R30 is just so good in quality and has possibly my favorite version of Subdivisions. But I love the stuff from Power Windows/Hold Your Fire a lot, and the material from those albums that are on ASoH are done so well that it makes it hard to choose! If I was forced to choose, though, it would probably be R30.

Archived