Caravan

Nate2112

2.gif So... Caravan. Is that a type of transport thing? Sounds pretty good. I love the solo. I have a feeling that CA is going to sound just like S&A, dark and fast moving. Clockwork Angels is going to be an epic song. Finally another epic!!! All my favorite songs are epic songs! Any Comments??

Early reports that have leaked suggest one of the songs already clocks in at an astonishing 37:06 and is not yet complete.

A true magnus opus to be sure.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 14 2010, 05:09 PM)
Early reports that have leaked suggest one of the songs already clocks in at an astonishing 37:06 and is not yet complete.

Yes, I heard this as well. It has also been reported on tmz.com that Geddy Lee was seen at an intimate upscale Manahattan restaurant with Stevie Nicks

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 14 2010, 05:49 PM)

Yes, I heard this as well. It has also been reported on tmz.com that Geddy Lee was seen at an intimate upscale Manahattan restaurant with Stevie Nicks

Link?

I've heard that there are elements in the first few minutes of the song that influence the end of it.

OK, hardly original... wink.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Oct 14 2010, 03:19 PM)
2.gif So... Caravan. Is that a type of transport thing? Sounds pretty good. I love the solo. I have a feeling that CA is going to sound just like S&A, dark and fast moving. Clockwork Angels is going to be an epic song. Finally another epic!!! All my favorite songs are epic songs! Any Comments??

I have cautious optimism about the new 'epic'.

My favorite Rush tunes are: Fountain Of Lamneth, Necromancer, Hemispheres, 2112, By-Tor, Cygnus, La Villa, Xanadu, and AFTK so it is easy for one to know that I love the epic songs.

I can't wait. It should be my most anticpated Rush album since Presto (when I was in high school and OBSESSED with Rush).

37 minutes and it's not complete? so we're looking at at least 40-45 and if they play the whole thing on tour, that's 85% of the 1st set. wacko.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 14 2010, 04:09 PM)

Are some of you guys actually reading this as a serious post? ohmy.gif

wacko.gif

It's hard to tell.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Oct 15 2010, 10:24 AM)

wacko.gif

It's hard to tell.

I heard the new stuff will be released on audio DVD because a CD cannot hold the single 122 minute track.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Oct 15 2010, 09:24 AM)

wacko.gif

It's hard to tell.

These are new members Dog, they have yet to learn that 95% of -D-RocK-'s posts are bullshit.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Oct 16 2010, 06:24 AM)
The vinyl is gonna suck cause they are gonna have to splice the song in two just like Passion Play by Tull.

and Tull's Thick as a Brick..

I really find it hard to believe that Rush is going from disliking recording epic songs to writing a 37+ minute Epic. This is really far fetched. But hey it's Rush so anything is possible! I believe that if there is such a song it hase been pieced together from three or four songs. More like 2112 than Hemispheres. More Like Scene from a memory than octavarium!

1022.gif

But my anticipation is getting pretty high! I'm sure they will deliver!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Oct 15 2010, 10:24 AM)

wacko.gif

It's hard to tell.

i fell for it. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Oct 16 2010, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Oct 16 2010, 06:24 AM)
The vinyl is gonna suck cause they are gonna have to splice the song in two just like Passion Play by Tull.

and Tull's Thick as a Brick..

True. God, both of those albums are great. I know what I'm spinning tonight.

Archived