Running out of chances to DVD this tour

Pause Rewind Replay

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really would be a crime if this tour isn't available on DVD. I've only seen four Rush tours, but there are lots of people that have seen most or all of them. The overwhelming opinion is that they sound better on this tour than almost all of them. The setlist is a perfect blend of old and new, and they certainly seem to be having more fun up there than they ever have. It would just be a shame to not have it on DVD.

Something else that can't be lost on the guys is the ballooning crowds along the way. There's no doubt that as word has spread via YouTube and conventional methods, that the crowds have grown larger, louder, and rowdier with each tour stop.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 20 2010, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 20 2010, 12:20 PM)
wtf is a mini tour anyways?

I think that's when you go to see these guys:

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/minikiss-band.jpg

spit6ph.gif Damn...I needed that laugh today. Thank you!

QUOTE (ZivotSon @ Sep 20 2010, 05:52 PM)
At some point, it's overkill.

The way I see it, they could release a DVD of every show. I wouldn't buy them all, mind you; there's nothing compelling me or anyone else to buy everything they put out. If you are satisfied with what you already have, there's nothing forcing you to buy any additional releases. I wouldn't tell them to stop, though. It's their choice what they release as a band/money-making entity, and it's my choice as a consumer what I want.

I think they will film a show this tour in South America, I don't see any reason why not. And I don't believe any 'source' until it actually happens. Nothing is certain. This tour is just too epic to not be filmed.

And if you don't like the fact that they put out dvds from each tour I got a simple solution: Don't buy it. No one has a gun to your head. Just be happy that the option is there.

Agreed ! absolutely phenominal performance. Wish the recorded the state fair in NY . Very energetic crowd and performance! Remarkable..... Moving pictures in its entirety. Didnt someone one time say that Rush was going to do an entire album start to finish? Oh maybe that was last tour? One tour off! lol

Oddly enough ,he was right ,and their were a lot of naysayers saying it would never happen. So i was off on the tour. However .......can anybody complain on the result. Moving pictures live was absolutely amazing . Maybe they will do another album next tour......fingers crossed.

I sure wish they would film it, but it just no longer seems likely. The question for me isn't so much why they should/would do it, it's more a question of why they don't want to film it. ( again, assuming that's the case ). That would be a great thing to ask the guys from the band.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Sep 23 2010, 12:07 PM)
The question for me isn't so much why they should/would do it, it's more a question of why they don't want to film it. ( again, assuming that's the case ). That would be a great thing to ask the guys from the band.

The short, uncomplicated answer is that they have lots of irons in the fire right now.

Edited by FOH Lights

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 23 2010, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Sep 23 2010, 12:07 PM)
The question for me isn't so much why they should/would do it, it's more a question of why they don't want to film it. ( again, assuming that's the case ). That would be a great thing to ask the guys from the band.

The short, uncomplicated answer is that they have lots of irons in the fire right now.

How about a long. complicated answer, then.......?

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 23 2010, 02:22 PM)
A lot of irons in the fire? Please, do tell.

OK, essentially their focus after this tour is to concentrate on finishing the new album and planning the subsequent supporting tour. Dealing with a DVD would take away valuable time that could/would be spent on polishing the new music & tour. There are a few other "personal reasons" for not filming, but... you'd have to hear it directly from them.

Granted, this show is phenomenal, but they full well intend to top it, next tour. So, patience, my friends... patience. smile.gif

Thank you FOH Lights

P.S. to the rest of the Rush Forum, can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out? They are both credible, and FOH Lights is still kind enough to be sharing...

A tour in 2011 AND 2012 is absolutely awesome! You're saying it won't START until September, 2011?

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 23 2010, 04:22 PM)
OK, essentially their focus after this tour is to concentrate on finishing the new album and planning the subsequent supporting tour. Dealing with a DVD would take away valuable time that could/would be spent on polishing the new music & tour.

But filming wouldn't mean they'd have to edit/master/release it right away. They filmed the first leg last tour, but we didn't see footage of it until after the second. They wouldn't even have to touch it until after the album and subsequent tour is done. If they don't want to, they don't want to, but if I were them, I'd film it now and sit on it and at least add some songs after the upcoming album/tour...even if just as extras, like on S&AL. Just my opinion.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 03:50 PM)
Thank you FOH Lights

P.S. to the rest of the Rush Forum, can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out? They are both credible, and FOH Lights is still kind enough to be sharing...

A tour in 2011 AND 2012 is absolutely awesome! You're saying it won't START until September, 2011?

Nobody's bashing FOH Lights. Just hope he'll pass on the general consensus that visually, this tour blows away anything we've seen in the last decade, and it would indeed be a shame to miss the boat on this one.

At the very least, an audio CD......??????

Peace,

Ron

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 23 2010, 03:57 PM)
can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out? They are both credible

Well, they've been right about some things, but wrong about others.

To be honest, I haven't seen anything that is incorrect. Have anything specific?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 05:40 PM)
can we please NOT start bashing FOH lights and running him out the way Score Out was run out? They are both credible

To be honest, I haven't seen anything that is incorrect. Have anything specific?

FOHLights is a credible source. That's all I'm sayin'.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 23 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 05:40 PM)

FOHLights is a credible source. That's all I'm sayin'.

Yes. Absolutely a credible source. We'll leave it at that...

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 04:40 PM)

If I remember, he was dropping hints about the Time Machine setlist and claimed they would be playing 5-6 songs from Snakes & Arrows.

EDIT: I'm not intending to bash FOHL or stir up this old squabble. I just "don't take anything on faith," even if it comes straight from Alex (JL). wink.gif

EDIT: Just looked it up, and he did say there was a "possibility of things being moved around," so I guess he left some wiggle room.

Edited by PariahDog

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 23 2010, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 23 2010, 02:50 PM)

I would love that. A fall/winter tour, no outdoor venues... awesome. Fingers crossed that this comes to pass.

We would HATE that around here in Syracuse. We don't have an indoor venue that would suit them. That's why it took them 27 years to get back here in the first place. We're hoping for another state fair or summer tour of the northeast!