think this tour will make it to dvd?

2112freak

i know since what happened to Neil years ago, the band doesn't take anything for granted.....hence the influx of tours, live albums, and dvds.

it would be a shame if this tour wasn't put to audio/video disc!!! i mean, just for Moving Pictures alone (yay, Camera Eye!!!!! a personal fave of he show!!! cool.gif )

that's all i kept thinking while watching the 9/2 show in Syracuse....."man, this would look GREAT on dvd".

anyone have the inside scoop, or is it too early to tell?

Apparently the Columbus show was to be filmed, but the idea was scrapped because Neil is dealing with an ear infection and the band didn't want to shoot the video with Neil having to wear headphones.

Most recent rumor is that band will now be filming the show in Pittsburgh, which would be pretty cool, given that Neil's first gig with the band was in Pittsburgh.

We'll know soon enough...

Too bad the show in MN wasn't recorded (Alex's 57th bday show), if only so that Alex's incredible solo on Working Man would be immortalized.

I kind of hope not, I think they should save it for maybe the next tour supporting a new album.

I used to really look forward to live albums, because they didnt do them all that often, it made them feel special and exciting. Now I feel like its just over exposure with every tour coming to DVD. Id rather just get 1 from each new era, like they used to do this way there was a big difference in them. They're just all the same now.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Sep 6 2010, 08:22 PM)
dude... CAMERA EYE LIVE. They NEED to do a DVD.

good call, as that's NEVER been done before.

I think they'd have to, with presto being played for the first time ever, and camera eye for the first time since the signals tour, and ALL of moving pictures? I think it would be impossible to not film this tour.

To me getting a DVD/BD is a great thing the band can offer their fans. Why not have a keepsake like that for every tour!

Could you imagine if they had done this for tours like

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

Signals

We would have eaten that stuff up. I love the fact they have been giving us a DVD/CD of each tour since VT.

Great stuff and now I actually expect it.

Personally, I think at this point in there career, every tour will produce a DVD. why not? The fans will always buy them for the most part.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 5 2010, 11:29 AM)
Absolutely! I think they might film the Argentina show! That's going to be insane! That's Off the hook for you younger kids!

653.gif

I sure hope not! The crowd soud on the Rio DVD is freaking OBNOXIOUS!

I'd rather see a show where the crowd noise wasn't a factor!

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 7 2010, 02:43 PM)
To me getting a DVD/BD is a great thing the band can offer their fans. Why not have a keepsake like that for every tour!

Could you imagine if they had done this for tours like

Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Signals

We would have eaten that stuff up. I love the fact they have been giving us a DVD/CD of each tour since VT.

Great stuff and now I actually expect it.

yeah, i actually expect as well.....

i'd be really disappointed if there wasn't one,with all the tunes they played that they haven't in ages....

speaking of which, they are 57 now......why not get out as much as possible before the ride ends and their legacy is cemented in Valhalla!! haha 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 7 2010, 03:01 PM)
Personally, I think at this point in there career, every tour will produce a DVD. why not? The fans will always buy them for the most part.

yes.gif No reason Not to make one

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Sep 8 2010, 04:46 PM)
yeah on here i heard that some dude talked to a lighting guy and he said they were gonna do the pittsberg show

Yeah, that's what I heard as well...Pittsburgh will be filmed for a live CD/DVD release.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 9 2010, 02:49 PM)
Pittsburgh? Interesting. Rush in Pennsylvania...you don't get more Rock n Roll than that...

This being The Time Machine Tour...why film a concert in the city where Neil had his first official performance in Rush?

100%.... filming the show in Pittsburgh, where Neil played live with Rush for the first time, is very cool.

The only thing that would have made it cooler is if they filmed it in the same venue that they first played in. ( which I don't think is possible....does that arena even exist anymore? )

Yes that Arena still exists....is in great debate as to what to do with it right now actually. They sit literally across the street from one another.

Last official Rush show at the Igloo was Test for Echo tour.

Is it for sure they are filming the Pgh. Show at Consol???

I watched extracts from the Red Rocks show. Was there not a camera and operator in front of the stage.

I am sure that there will be a DVD, perhaps South America again where the crowds go really wild.

Edited by Margana

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Sep 9 2010, 03:49 PM)
Pittsburgh? Interesting. Rush in Pennsylvania...you don't get more Rock n Roll than that...

laugh.gif

I'd buy this DVD for TCE and that latest drum solo alone. Neil's solo had my jaw on the ground. Best freakin' solo I've ever seen him do. And I've seen a lot.