What I hate about Rush concerts

Asian Rush Fan

QUOTE (Asian Rush Fan @ Apr 15 2005, 09:31 PM)
At a Rush concert, i don't drink, smoke, eat or do anything that'll deter my undivided attention to Rush. this is when I leave the girlfriend behind and I go with a family friend to see Rush. I raise my hands up like I'm at a church rally, you know, them charismatic services when people feel the spirit entering into them? That's what I feel at Rush.

Ditto. 2.gif

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (nebbish @ Feb 8 2006, 12:57 PM)
The only downside I can think off is that they don't play often enough in the UK and have never played Ireland  angry.gif
2.gif

same as nebbish

The huge gaps between them.

I love Everything about a 2.gif concert.

Well..It kinda bugs me when people 'sing-along' to Rush.

Specially since most of the singers are pissed drunk, and don't know the words anyway laugh.gif

Although it WAS pretty amazing to see the fans in Rio sing along to YYZ 1022.gif

The worst part indeed is, as Styx's song goes, "Don't Let It end". Had no problems @ my first show in Atlanta this year, but the Tampa show had a little problem. Somewhere in the second half, there was either a fight or some dude was high as hell, but there was security all over. That only classifies as the worst because I've only seen 2. But, I don't care.

3 hours of music+3 hours of playing air instruments+3 hours of screaming the words to every song is indeed priceless! 1022.gif

The worst part about a Rush Show is when the idiot in front of you plays air instruments the entire time, and if that weren't bad enough, he plays the wrong instrument to the wrong part of the song.

Nothing like seeing a guy strum an air guitar to a drum part!

I have nothing against Rush. It's the idiots next to me. I love Rush and at the R30 gig, I had a swell time. It's not Rus again but the concert goers. No fights though, I've been to clubs and fights break out but at a Rush gig, no one nuts up. Except may the moron who threw a lighter at Ged's head.

QUOTE (Asian Rush Fan @ Apr 15 2005, 08:19 PM)
You know what? There is a downside to Rush and it's not just them playing only three hours.

ONLY three hours?!?!?!? laugh.gif Why you spoiled rotten brat. wink.gif You have no idea how lucky you are.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 15 2005, 10:59 PM)
The worst that has ever happened to ME at a Rush concert was at one of the Vapor Trails shows, I (like an idiot) had my tourbook sitting on the ground under my seat. During the concert, some guy a few rows back spilled his beer on the ground, then it ran down under my seat, and soaked the tourbook.

Rookie mistake. You're lucky it was only beer. Get your gear at the end of the show, or better yet, order it off the internet and have it delivered.

QUOTE (Asian Rush Fan @ Apr 16 2005, 02:47 AM)
No drinking, no smoking, no eating and no girls for me during a Rush concert. It's like being at a church service

It's all about moderation baby.... it's all good...in moderation.

QUOTE (Asian Rush Fan @ Apr 15 2005, 09:19 PM)
You know what? There is a downside to Rush and it's not just them playing only three hours. I went to see Rush during the Vapor Trails tour at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and what irritated me besides the marijuana smoke, which did not bother me at all because the ventilation system is superb, were people walking back and forth, bumping into me, buying beer and later peeing and this one chick stepped on my foot. Of course she apologized, but I was getting pissed but couldn't do anything about it.

Then at the Anaheim Pond in Anaheim , Ca, this one chick was with her p-whipped boyfriend cat.gif who was sitting behind me, who by the way was Asian, tapped on my shoulder and put her index finger to her mouth to hush me, because, I was yelling and screaming the lyrics to Rush. Do you see something wrong with this? Telling someone to be quiet in a concert hall...go figure that one out. Well I got her message, I basically with my right hands said no.gif and kept on screaming. Boy did she leave in a huff.

All in all, with just a few exceptions, people can act stupid but at a Rush concert, I have not been involved in any form of violence. But I did speak to one guy while on jury duty, who missed the Presto tour, because his buddy was shoved down the stairs by a security guard. They sued and won but my friend said that sucked because he missed the concert. He may have got a refund but it was the concert he wanted to watch. That sucked!

I sure wouldn't want to see you at a Slayer concert then, certainly not in the pit.

The only thing that will ever bother me about a concert, is guaranteed, everytime I go, there's some big tall guy standing right in front of me, and I'm not that short. (I'm 6 feet tall). And if I move somewhere else to get a better view, some other really big guy moves in front of me. Never fails! It pisses me off to no end.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 16 2005, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Apr 16 2005, 01:05 AM)
I dislike that theres not enough pot smoke.

goodpost.gif

Yea, it was sad this year, I didn't get a whiff every during Bangkok... cannot rely on the kindness of strangers these days, best bring your own.

QUOTE (MacBob @ Jan 1 2008, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 16 2005, 10:36 AM)

goodpost.gif

Yea, it was sad this year, I didn't get a whiff every during Bangkok... cannot rely on the kindness of strangers these days, best bring your own.

Not allowed to smoke anything inside at venues in England any more angry.gif angry.gif

The only thing I disliked about my last Rush concert is a few of the people who were sat around me. Complete geek a little to the right who was sat analysising the show rather than having a good time and the man and like 5 year old kid sat behind us who wouldn't let us stand up until we traded places with the arsehole. But I already told that story on more detail once.

Pot smoke? Ha! I thought the days of masses of Rush fans getting high screaming for The Necromancer were long gone... Sadly.

I had this one big assh*le and his friend taking up two seats in the 5th row in front of me at the Arizona show. It was clear that they didn't have tickets for these seats but once the show started, no one wanted to say anything because, one, this dude was big and mean looking, and two, once the show started nobody wanted to get security and make a big thing of it.

Total assh*les.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 31 2007, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (Asian Rush Fan @ Apr 16 2005, 05:47 PM)
No drinking, no smoking, no eating and no girls for me during a Rush concert. It's like being at a church service

Too serious for me. Does this mean you sit and stand only when you're told to? ph34r.gif

Exactly. Lighten up dude. It's a f***ing concert. As for the guy that put the finger to his lips to give a sign of silence. f**k him!!!

QUOTE (MacBob @ Jan 1 2008, 01:53 AM)

Careful what you wish for. I saw them at the Fleet Center in Boston during the Test for Echo tour and almost as soon as the lights went down these two guys toked up.. and got ejected by security before the first couple of songs were over with (I think it was Big Money when they got taken out).

Not to be a NARC or whatever anti-users are called nowadays but I just saw it as yet another reason why I'm glad I don't use.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jan 1 2008, 05:56 PM)

Careful what you wish for. I saw them at the Fleet Center in Boston during the Test for Echo tour and almost as soon as the lights went down these two guys toked up.. and got ejected by security before the first couple of songs were over with (I think it was Big Money when they got taken out).

Not to be a NARC or whatever anti-users are called nowadays but I just saw it as yet another reason why I'm glad I don't use.

Yeah, lighting up inside is really risking it I'd say. Back in the '70s yeah it was much more acceptable and though I won't go into what I may have done BEFORE the show doing it in the show in the 21st century is a pretty stupid idea.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 1 2008, 11:59 AM)

Yeah, lighting up inside is really risking it I'd say. Back in the '70s yeah it was much more acceptable and though I won't go into what I may have done BEFORE the show doing it in the show in the 21st century is a pretty stupid idea.

You've got to be smart about it. I've never gotten any static for smoking pot at a concert and I've been to A LOT.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 1 2008, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 1 2008, 11:59 AM)

You've got to be smart about it. I've never gotten any static for smoking pot at a concert and I've been to A LOT.

I guess I'm just really careful about this stuff. The new bans on smoking ANYTHING at concerts is being enforced really strongly here so getting caught lighting up marijuana is the last thing I'd wanna do during a show. Outside the pub before the show and after on the way across the car park is the only time me and friend felt confident enough to do it and I know we weren't the only ones doing it before and after, I didn't see one person risking the fine.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 1 2008, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (Asian Rush Fan @ Apr 16 2005, 05:47 PM)

Too serious for me. Does this mean you sit and stand only when you're told to? ph34r.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jan 1 2008, 11:18 AM)
I had this one big assh*le and his friend taking up two seats in the 5th row in front of me at the Arizona show. It was clear that they didn't have tickets for these seats but once the show started, no one wanted to say anything because, one, this dude was big and mean looking, and two, once the show started nobody wanted to get security and make a big thing of it.
Total assh*les.

Kick him on the side of his knee. The big f*cker will drop. Of course you'll miss the show if you get thrown out smile.gif

Archived