The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Aaron Rodgers looked like Jay Cutler today.

Let's not go THAT far.....;-). If his receivers catch the ball, Rodgers' rotten day would have been upgraded to a mediocre day, and his team would have won the game!

That's true, Nelson pretty much ruined that with those dropped passes.

If only he dropped that TD pass against the Pats 2 weeks ago instead :D

This game is a good reminder that football players are not robots. Even the best ones can and will have bad days....for many different reasons. If one guy is out of synch, it's manageable. When your starting QB and several receivers are out of synch on the same day, it's a near certain loss.

If you told me the Packers D was only going to give up 4 FGs, I would have thought the game would have been a blowout. Who were these guys on offense?

This was the game for me... missed 7, led to an INT and 3 for the Bills...

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/855/740/hi-res-b25d9ca38a5dc9449c5353d2849b19a8_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Let's not go THAT far.....;). If his receivers catch the ball, Rodgers' rotten day would have been upgraded to a mediocre day, and his team would have won the game!

Still reeling from this loss! Just unbelievable! They weren't in

sync at all which really blows my mind considering their

previous wins...

Let's not go THAT far..... ;). If his receivers catch the ball, Rodgers' rotten day would have been upgraded to a mediocre day, and his team would have won the game!

Still reeling from this loss! Just unbelievable! They weren't in sync at all which really blows my mind considering their previous wins...

We can all be quite sure that this game was an aberration, an anomaly, a deviation from the norm....;) .....

Aaron Rodgers and his receivers will be just fine. IMO, it was just one of those very rare days where they were all in a funk.

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/16444/packers-injury-list-long-but-not-concerning

GREEN BAY, Wis. – There were plenty of names – including some big-name players – on the Green Bay Packers injury report, but the concern level remained low about a majority of the eight players on Wednesday's list.

Even right tackle Bryan Bulaga, who remains in the concussion protocol after he dropped out of Sunday's loss at the Buffalo Bills, appears to have a good chance to play this Sunday at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Although Bulaga did not practice Wednesday, he was able to work out and attend meetings, which is a sign he has passed through the early stages of the concussion program.

"Looks great," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Wednesday of Bulaga. "Saw him in the weight room, in the meetings this morning. Making progress."

It looks like Bulaga will be fine. Eddie Lacy is another matter. His contact lens roughed up his eyeball, and he's apparently blind as a bat without his lenses. :o He doesn't want to wear goggles, but if that is what it takes, I hope he does it!

Packers 20

Buccaneers 3

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c3e677c550ca4edc0dfa387fcca6f816a7ff22c1/c=0-0-1995-1500&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2014/12/21/WIGroup/PackersNews/635547789288519844-gwnbk-6ig0fj4eri11kq63wc39-original.jpg

The Packers' Mike Neal unloads on Tampa QB Josh McCown for one of Green Bay's seven sacks in a hard-hitting, defensive victory. Although the Packers scored a mere 20 points, the game was never really in doubt, as the Packer defense dominated the struggling McCown and his woeful offensive line. The Bucs gained 109 total yards for the game, and would have been shut out if not for a desperate big pass that put them into field goal range.

Aaron Rodgers, hit with the flu and a pulled calf muscle early in the game, toughed it out and went on to dismantle the Bucs' improved cover-2 defense. Jordy Nelson atoned for his uncharacteristic drops from last week by catching every one of the nine balls thrown his way. Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Eddie Lacy dominated the field, but Tampa's defense still performed well by forcing field goals and by winning a goal line stand. Today, though, it was Green Bay's defense which outshined everything. Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers & Co. pummeled McCown and RB Doug Martin; Packer defenders literally took turns making big stops, sacks, and hits.

Packer fans everywhere are hoping for a repeat performance next Sunday, as the hated Detroit Lions come to Lambeau Field to play for the NFC North Division Championship. We can count on seeing many hard hits, pushing and shoving, and maybe a few fights here and there. The dirty tactics of the Lions are well-known throughout the League...especially in the NFC Norris.....

Get yer mouthpieces in and get ready to RUMBLE!! GO PACK GO!!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e38954c5e0eaa08941cbade49efde3c58a929d35/c=0-0-1894-1424&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2014/12/21/WIGroup/PackersNews/635547817216428391-gwnbk-6ig11ciefj61nfa9fc39-original.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/27454216857c5548cb556d56fd8f8acfd9c0cfca/c=35-0-2695-2000&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2014/12/21/WIGroup/PackersNews/635547789594975973-gwnbk-6ig0ggnr7vntd61ac39-original.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

Hope Aaron heals up. Detroit should lay down next week to give Aaron an extra week to rest up before the playoffs....

All I know other than GO PACK GO is... Go Niners and Rams...

For the Cardinals to win the Niners would have to completely lay down or their defense would have to outscore the Niners themselves.

As for the Lions, I guess there's a first time for everything but they'd have to rise to the moment to be a threat and they seem incapable of doing it; they almost lost to an atrocious Chicago team.

As for the Lions, I guess there's a first time for everything but they'd have to rise to the moment to be a threat and they seem incapable of doing it; they almost lost to an atrocious Chicago team.

They get to face the Packers Sunday without their no-class, cheap-shot taking center, Raiola, who got himself suspended for his punk stomp on a Bear defender's leg.

They should also be without Ansah, whose blatant spearing of Clausen in the head deserves an even greater suspension. I'm guessing that Ansah will escape with just a fine. The Lions are the scum of the League.

They get to face the Packers Sunday without their no-class, cheap-shot taking center, Raiola, who got himself suspended for his punk stomp on a Bear defender's leg.

They should also be without Ansah, whose blatant spearing of Clausen in the head deserves an even greater suspension. I'm guessing that Ansah will escape with just a fine. The Lions are the scum of the League.

None of this would be happening if Jim Caldwell was still alive.

• Like 1

After all the shit the Lions have pulled this last weekend alone with Chicago, I'm almost tempted to root for Green Bay.

Almost.

I bet Green Bay wins the division title and goes down fighting against Seattle in the playoffs to wrap up a good season.

• Like 1

I bet Green Bay wins the division title and goes down fighting against Seattle in the playoffs to wrap up a good season.

Many Packer fans (along with many other fans) have no confidence in their team to win in Seattle. I see their point, but I also know that in the playoffs, anything can happen.

It would be up to the Packer defense to shut down Lynch and Wilson. If they can do that, then the Packers can indeed win a low-scoring game in Seattle. :yes:

I'm not sure who's happier about the suspension of Dominic Raiola this week, the Packers or whichever band they have come to play at the game.

What a douchebag...

From 2012:

Here's an unpleasant story out of Green Bay, where Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola has been accused of hurling hateful comments at members of a college marching band before Sunday's loss to the Packers.

According to eyewitnesses, Raiola spent part of his pregame routine going after The Wisconsin Band, which was at Lambeau Field for its annual performance at the storied stadium. Raiola allegedly taunted several band members for being overweight, questioned the sexuality of at least one band member, said the band "sucked" and used a highly derogatory term toward a female member of the group.

"Dominic Raiola is literally the worst person I have ever had the fortune to encounter," one band member remarked in a Facebook post.

"We are aware of the reports involving Dominic Raiola and the University of Wisconsin Marching Band," the Lions said in a statement. "Those reports are extremely inconsistent with the standard of behavior we expect from our players and from every member of our organization. We currently are gathering more information and will respond further when appropriate."

According to MLive.com, Raiola has been disciplined twice by the Lions for fan altercations. He was fined $7,500 in 2008 and $15,000 in 2010.

Asked about the incident Monday, Raiola said the interaction with the band was "blown way out of proportion."

"We've got more important things to worry about right now," Raiola said, via Myfoxdetroit.com. "... We're worried about wins and losses."

If the accusations are true, we feel comfortable coming to the conclusion that Dominic Raiola is the worst.

UPDATE: Lori Berquam, Wisconsin's dean of students, and band director Mike Leckrone told The Associated Press that Lions president Tom Lewand apologized for Raiola's behavior.

"He has apologized for the actions of his player and has assured us that further discussion will take place. Special opportunities such as playing before a Packers game are highlights for our band members: something they look forward to, and that we hope they will remember with pride. We are proud of the way members of the UW Band have brought this matter to our attention."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258507/article/dominic-raiola-accused-of-insulting-marching-band%20The%20Lions%20lost%2022-9

I'm not sure who's happier about the suspension of Dominic Raiola this week, the Packers or whichever band they have come to play at the game.

What a douchebag...

From 2012:

Here's an unpleasant story out of Green Bay, where Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola has been accused of hurling hateful comments at members of a college marching band before Sunday's loss to the Packers.

According to eyewitnesses, Raiola spent part of his pregame routine going after The Wisconsin Band, which was at Lambeau Field for its annual performance at the storied stadium. Raiola allegedly taunted several band members for being overweight, questioned the sexuality of at least one band member, said the band "sucked" and used a highly derogatory term toward a female member of the group.

"Dominic Raiola is literally the worst person I have ever had the fortune to encounter," one band member remarked in a Facebook post.

"We are aware of the reports involving Dominic Raiola and the University of Wisconsin Marching Band," the Lions said in a statement. "Those reports are extremely inconsistent with the standard of behavior we expect from our players and from every member of our organization. We currently are gathering more information and will respond further when appropriate."

According to MLive.com, Raiola has been disciplined twice by the Lions for fan altercations. He was fined $7,500 in 2008 and $15,000 in 2010.

Asked about the incident Monday, Raiola said the interaction with the band was "blown way out of proportion."

"We've got more important things to worry about right now," Raiola said, via Myfoxdetroit.com. "... We're worried about wins and losses."

If the accusations are true, we feel comfortable coming to the conclusion that Dominic Raiola is the worst.

UPDATE: Lori Berquam, Wisconsin's dean of students, and band director Mike Leckrone told The Associated Press that Lions president Tom Lewand apologized for Raiola's behavior.

"He has apologized for the actions of his player and has assured us that further discussion will take place. Special opportunities such as playing before a Packers game are highlights for our band members: something they look forward to, and that we hope they will remember with pride. We are proud of the way members of the UW Band have brought this matter to our attention."

http://www.nfl.com/n...Lions lost 22-9

f*cker insulted Brandon Marshall over his disorder. We don't need assholes like this guy in the NFL.

• Like 1

Packers 30

Lions 20

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1f2cdd28600f435f44ddd230c2f404a069b2317c/c=118-0-1882-1326&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/2014/12/28/WIGroup/PackersNews/635553961670200337-ES-GPG-Packers-vs.-Lions-12.28.1401606.jpg

Soon to be named the NFL's 2014 Most Valuable Player, Aaron Rodgers, walks (gingerly) off Lambeau Field after one of his finest, toughest, most clutch wins ever.

In a classic slugfest between two bitter NFC North rivals, Rodgers and his fellow Green Bay Packers fought, battled, and defeated the Detroit Lions to claim yet another Division Championship as well as the #2 Seed in the NFC Playoffs. Showing no fear of the Lions' fearsome run defense, the Packers came out swinging, and Eddie Lacy gave the Lions defense all it could handle from the get-go. Although the Lions foiled the Packers' first attempt at a touchdown with a tough line stand, Packer return man Micah Hyde made the Lions pay with a wonderful punt return up the middle to open the scoring.

After some mutual punts and a drive-killing Eddie Lacy fumble, the Packers drove down for a 2nd quarter score. 80,000 Packer fans then did something strange. All at once, they cheered a Randall Cobb touchdown catch AND gasped in horror at the sight of Aaron Rodgers falling to the ground in pain. An aggravation of last week's calf injury caused Rodgers to be carried off the field, and then carted off to the trainer's room. Soon after, a Lions touchdown made the score 14-7 at the half, and Packer fans were hoping and praying for Rodgers to return.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ea933a0b8e4c76693f6a6a452913bc500ffe08b0/c=0-6-1546-2067&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2014/12/28/WIGroup/PackersNews/635553908060900337-GPG-122814-Packers-Lions226.jpg

Their prayers were answered. After an ineffective Matt Flynn played one series in the 3rd quarter, with the game tied 14-14, Rodgers came back onto the field and took command of his offense. Seven plays later, the Rodgers-to-Cobb combination put the Packers up 21-14, and the Packer faithful were supremely overjoyed. A Matthew Stafford fumble put the Packers back in business, and they took advantage with another touchdown drive, this time featuring a surprise 1-yard sneak by Rodgers - bum calf and all.

http://media.jrn.com/images/440*330/39169177-mjs_packers29_022of_x_spt__wood_so_gvl_craftssa_0101.jpg

Up 28-14, and then 30-14 after an intentional grounding/safety called on Stafford, the Packers went into cruise control for the win. A bruised, sore, yet VICTORIOUS Packer team strutted off the field, and not even some more classless dirty acts of a certain Lions defensive punk-lineman could dampen the joy of Packer Nation.

The Playoff Bye Week is Here! LET US ENJOY IT!!

GO PACK GO!!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/8a85a961753f2f1f6bd725a5c0089ce40f88af92/c=0-0-2995-3993&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2014/12/28/WIGroup/PackersNews/635553905443150337-APC-PACKERS-vs-LIONS-361-122814wag.jpg

• Like 1

Green Bay Packers - 2014 NFC North Division Champions:

Final Regular Season Stats:

Offense: 1st in Scoring (30.4 points per game), 6th in Total Yards Gained (386.1)

Defense: 14th in Scoring (21.8 points per game), 15th in Total Yards Allowed (346.4)

Offensive Leaders:

Aaron Rodgers - 112.2 QB rating, 65.6% completion percentage, 4,381 passing yards, 38 TD's, 5 INT's, 269 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD's

Eddie Lacy - 1,139 rushing yards, 9 TD's, 427 receiving yards, 4 receiving TD's

Jordy Nelson - 1,519 receiving yards, 13 TD's (First Green Bay Packer to gain 1,500 receiving yards in a single season)

Randall Cobb - 1,287 receiving yards, 12 TD's

Nelson & Cobb - Set the Packers' single season record for most receiving yards and TD's by a WR duo - 2,806 yards, 25 TD's

Defensive Leaders:

Clay Matthews - 45 tackles, 11 sacks, 1 INT, 9 passes defended

Julius Peppers - 29 tackles, 7 sacks, 2 INT's, 2 TD's, 11 passes defended

Morgan Burnett - 94 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 INT, 4 passes defended

Tramon Williams - 61 tackles, 3 INT's, 13 passes defended

A very successful year for the Green & Gold....so far! There's more work to be done!! :sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uwKCg33DrJc/Tn36JP3DlVI/AAAAAAAAGF0/M9N3OrgSxik/s1600/BluesBrothers_291Pyxurz.jpg

"For me, my mother, my grandmother, the NFC East, the NFC, the NFL, and for the common good. Would you please now kill the Cowboys?"

• Like 2

http://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2LypNFhZmwXm6c/giphy.gif

Good luck to the Packers, but remember, 11 on 19 is no way to win a ball game.

Above play could have gone either way. There was as much offensive PI as defensive. Other angle shows Pettigrew grabbing Hitchen's facemask. It is going to be a great game next week!

Good luck to the Packers.....

Luck? LUCK?? Who needs "luck".....?? The Packers are going to win this game the old-fashioned way. They're gonna run the football down the pretender Dallas defense's THROAT! And then Rodgers, Nelson & Cobb will have a freakin' FIELD DAY against that sorry secondary.

And Tony Romo, the Great White Poster Boy for Ineptitude, will be firmly in the crosshairs of the Packer pass rush! Matthews and Peppers will be playing "Meet you at the quarterback!" all freakin' day!! And that's only if Daniels, Perry & Neal don't get to him first! DeMarco Murray won't have time to run the ball, as he'll be spending all day trying to keep his QB alive!! What a freakin' slaughter it's gonna be. I feel sorry for the Cowboy players' kids.....they're gonna be so ashamed of their daddies....

:gumby: :gumby: :gumby:

Silly, irrational trash-talking rant complete. I feel much better now. ;)

Edited by Principled Man

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uwKCg33DrJc/Tn36JP3DlVI/AAAAAAAAGF0/M9N3OrgSxik/s1600/BluesBrothers_291Pyxurz.jpg

"For me, my mother, my grandmother, the NFC East, the NFC, the NFL, and for the common good. Would you please now kill the Cowboys?"

:LOL: