Is this wrong?

Jack Aubrey

Is it wrong of me to be deliriously happy that The Expendables beat the dog snot out of Eat Pray love at the box office?

I didn't sleep much last night so I'm a little punchy right now. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 30 2010, 05:40 AM)
Is it wrong of me to be deliriously happy that The Expendables beat the dog snot out of Eat Pray love at the box office?

Well, it depends!

Are you a fan of action-packed, blow-em-up movies, or do you just hate romantic comedies? Do you have something against Julia Roberts?

Your psychoanalysis has begun.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 30 2010, 06:50 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 30 2010, 05:40 AM)

Well, it depends!

Are you a fan of action-packed, blow-em-up movies, or do you just hate romantic comedies? Do you have something against Julia Roberts?

Your psychoanalysis has begun.... laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Are you a fan of action-packed, blow-em-up movies, or do you just hate romantic comedies?  Do you have something against Julia Roberts?

A big ol' yes to all! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 30 2010, 06:40 AM)

It's not wrong at all. Just that pretentious title "Eat Pray Love" demands that you opt for a movie where shit gets blown up real good. yes.gif

And that goes for movies with titles like these, too:

"The Secret Life Of Bees"

"Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood"

"The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"

Blech. 062802puke_prv.gif

No. I haven't seen either one. But if I had the choice, The Expendables would be the one. The mere sight of Julia Roberts sitting on a bench & eating yogurt or whatever is so pathetic and compeletely stupid. Like get a life and a job, loser (her character, that is).

QUOTE (Boots @ Aug 30 2010, 09:39 AM)
No. I haven't seen either one. But if I had the choice, The Expendables would be the one. The mere sight of Julia Roberts sitting on a bench & eating yogurt or whatever is so pathetic and compeletely stupid. Like get a life and a job, loser (her character, that is).

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. Julia Roberts eating yogurt. yuk.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 30 2010, 06:40 AM)

I didn't sleep much last night so I'm a little punchy right now. laugh.gif

No, it is not wrong. It is very right.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Aug 30 2010, 09:55 PM)
You'd have to pay me to see either of them. One is pretentious navel-gazing drivel, the other lowest-common-denominator idiocy interrupted by random explosions.

Okay, so The Expendables isn't Citizen Kane and none of us are saying that it is. What it is, though, is a damn entertaining action movie with a good story, a tight plot, and some cool effects and awesome fight scenes. Maybe if you pulled that elitist stick out of your behind you'd realize that. In other words, if people are having a good time in what is obviously meant as a lighthearted thread, you do us no favors by showing up and pissing all over everything. Thanks and have a nice day.

You'd have to pay me to see either of them. One is pretentious navel-gazing drivel, the other lowest-common-denominator idiocy interrupted by random explosions.

So what genre of movies do you like?

IMO, there are good movies in every genre. I don't care for "chick flicks" at all but every once in a while I'll see one with my wife and like it. I thought that "Sleepless in Seattle" was pretty good. If it wasn't for her I would never see any of them. I think that some of the best movies now are animated and my kids are getting too old so I don't see them anymore. sad.gif

If you like action movies, the Expendables is very entertaining. I haven't seen that other movie about eating so I can't comment on it. I won't say that it's horrible because I can't but I will say that the preview makes me want to run and hide if my wife ever wanted to see it. wink.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 31 2010, 12:39 PM)
You'd have to pay me to see either of them.  One is pretentious navel-gazing drivel, the other lowest-common-denominator idiocy interrupted by random explosions.

So what genre of movies do you like?

IMO, there are good movies in every genre. I don't care for "chick flicks" at all but every once in a while I'll see one with my wife and like it. I thought that "Sleepless in Seattle" was pretty good. If it wasn't for her I would never see any of them. I think that some of the best movies now are animated and my kids are getting too old so I don't see them anymore. sad.gif

If you like action movies, the Expendables is very entertaining. I haven't seen that other movie about eating so I can't comment on it. I won't say that it's horrible because I can't but I will say that the preview makes me want to run and hide if my wife ever wanted to see it. wink.gif

Sleepless in Seattle was good because, well, Tom Hanks was in it. Most of the time, Tom can make up for a multitude of other cinematic sins.