******** doesn't work live

rugen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 19 2010, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (SpiritOfRush @ Jul 19 2010, 02:06 PM)
I like the song, I just question the placement of it in the set list.

This. I don't skip it when I listen to S&A, but when I saw the setlist I thought, uh-oh.

Ah, don't you see? The placement makes sense. They put it into a thematic "set" with "Freewill" and "BU2B," and created "The Atheist Trilogy." wink.gif

Rush usually does a couple of the more mellow tunes earlier. Last tour it was Ghost and Entre Nous, this time Time Stand Still and Presto. It probably serves a couple purposes, first being that alot of fans like those tunes, (like my wife) and secondly it saves Geddy's voice for the harder stuff later. Plus, they just would work late in the set when things are really rocking.

Also, someone mentioned people going to get beer during Faithless, which doesn't surprise me. There are so many people that go to concerts and really haven't even listened to recent albums and just want to hear the few songs that are likely covered on MP. When they played S&A alot of people did the same, no biggie. Their loss.

I can't wait to see it!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 19 2010, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 19 2010, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 19 2010, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 17 2010, 02:31 PM)
yeah I have no idea why they put this in the set. I'm sure it was Neil's idea to go along with BU2B, as if we weren't quite sure what his beliefs were lol.

Actually, it's part of a THREE-in-a-row anti-organized religion trilogy, because "Freewill" is right there, too.

Faithless

BU2B

Freewill

And in that intent - I am perfectly content... heh...

laugh.gif I'm fine with it, too. Just saying I noticed how the three anti-organized religion songs were grouped together, like a trilogy of sorts.

Maybe a "new" series like the "Fear" series?

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jul 20 2010, 03:00 PM)
glad they put this in. a fan choice that rush listened to and did something about imo

Ever since their return in 2002, they're obviously putting deep cuts into their setlists every tour, smartly realizing that the audience is mostly diehard fans who want something different than just their "hits." From "Between Sun and Moon" on the VT tour to "Entre Nous" and "Digital Man" on the last tour.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 20 2010, 03:48 PM)
glad they put this in. a fan choice that rush listened to and did something about imo

Ever since their return in 2002, they're obviously putting deep cuts into their setlists every tour, smartly realizing that the audience is mostly diehard fans who want something different than just their "hits." From "Between Sun and Moon" on the VT tour to "Entre Nous" and "Digital Man" on the last tour.

Circumstances, Ghost of A Chance, Between The Wheels., Mystic Rhythms... cool.gif

And yet we still get people whining that the setlists don't go deep enough fing.gif

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 20 2010, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 20 2010, 03:48 PM)

Circumstances, Ghost of A Chance, Between The Wheels., Mystic Rhythms... cool.gif

And yet we still get people whining that the setlists don't go deep enough fing.gif

I don't remember too many complaints that they didn't go dep enough last tour. Last tour was fine. They are just missing that one "wish list" deep cut this time. The addition of Jacob's Ladder to this setlist would likely be enough for 90% of the complaining to stop.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jul 20 2010, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jul 20 2010, 10:27 PM)
The addition of Jacob's Ladder to this setlist would likely be enough for 90% of the complaining to stop.

This is correct.

Pay no attention to Alex during pre-tour interviews. He always gets overruled.

I'm going to SUE ALEX for false advertising!!

QUOTE (Cygnys @ Jul 20 2010, 08:24 PM)
WTG RUSH! 1022.gif

Perfect song for the delusional religious in America. wacko.gif

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm..."

applaudit.gif

eyesre4.gif

Dude...get over yourself.

I see this is your first post...but your comment was still unnecessary. Keep those thoughts to yourself, at least until you make it into the SOCN (political and religious forum).

Knowing the set worked out well for me. Right before this song started i went for my Beer break . First in line for Beer, they kicked into the song and before you know it , 30 people on line. Went upstairs to get a shirt for my son[nothing] and saw Tick, Beer break . Went back down stairs and about 25 people waiting for the bathroom and still about 20 people on line for Beer. The does song work live ? Me thinks not

The addition of Jacob's Ladder to this setlist would likely be enough for 90% of the complaining to stop.

This is correct.

at this point i don't take seriously what they say anymore.

yours truly, revamped.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jul 21 2010, 07:51 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnys @ Jul 20 2010, 08:24 PM)
WTG RUSH!  1022.gif

Perfect song for the delusional religious in America.  wacko.gif

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm..."

applaudit.gif

eyesre4.gif

Dude...get over yourself.

I see this is your first post...but your comment was still unnecessary. Keep those thoughts to yourself, at least until you make it into the SOCN (political and religious forum).

Sorry, I didn't mean to slam your godly ego. fing.gif

So are you the comment police? wtf.gif

I will not quietly resist.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 21 2010, 08:38 AM)

This is correct.

at this point i don't take seriously what they say anymore.

yours truly, revamped.

Revamped.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 21 2010, 06:26 AM)
Knowing the set worked out well for me. Right before this song started i went for my Beer break . First in line for Beer, they kicked into the song and before you know it , 30 people on line. Went upstairs to get a shirt for my son[nothing] and saw Tick, Beer break . Went back down stairs and about 25 people waiting for the bathroom and still about 20 people on line for Beer. The does song work live ? Me thinks not

laugh.gif

I haven't seen any youtube clips of it yet, so I don't know whether it works live or not. But I've loved Faithless from the git go!!! I would've chosen this one over Spindrift in the S&A Tour...