Goosebump songs

traeplien

Instead of bitching about the setlist, I'm going to put a different spin on it. I'm guessing that most of us here have certain Rush tunes that just raise the hair on our skin when we here them. I believe one person here actually dedicated a thread to Rush songs that make you cry.

For me, 2112 (complete, not partial) is probably the number one Rush piece that invokes the firmest goosebumps on my skin. I pulled up the Camera Eye from the opening night on Youtube and I instantly had goosebumps also. After that, I'm not seeing much in this setlist that tugs at me emotionally. Yes, its Rush and its all great music for the most part but songs like Presto and Time Stand Still, too name a few, just don't get me rockin in the aisles like the aforementioned songs.

Looking at the setlist, I can find half a dozen tunes that will send me to my happy place. Most of the rest I'll enjoy, but its unlikely there will be goosebumps like there would have been with Jacobs Ladder, A Farewell to Kings or 2112 complete which in my opinion should not be played unless played in its entirety. Red Barchetta, La Villa Strangiato and Marathon along with the Camera Eye are the songs on this tour that I'm most looking forward to hearing/feeling. What are the songs in this setlist that are going to put you in the goosebump zone? 2.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 1 2010, 04:05 PM)
all of Moving Pictures, Caravan, and the solo section of Presto.

Thats interesting. Have you never seen/heard Marathon live?? Its is one of the true live gems being played on this tour. I've been hoping for many years they would bring it back.

QUOTE (traeplien @ Jul 1 2010, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 1 2010, 04:05 PM)
all of Moving Pictures, Caravan, and the solo section of Presto.

Thats interesting. Have you never seen/heard Marathon live?? Its is one of the true live gems being played on this tour. I've been hoping for many years they would bring it back.

I've seen Marathon many times throughout the years. It used to be a staple. I might get a pimple during the end section with the strings n stuff. smile.gif

Something interesting..

Although I can't think of a specific example, I know that I've been to concerts where I knew the setlist beforehand, and had already figured which songs would really move me.

And I get to the gig....only to find that a song or two that I wasn't expecting to get goosebumps from just does it for me.

Not saying that this might happen to you (or me again, for that matter!) but it has happened in the past.

I'm really pumped for TSS, Marathon, Red Barchetta, and Camera Eye. Even though I'll dig the whole set I suspect these four will give me the chills. Possibly even Faithless... that is one of my faves on S&A.

EDIT: Usually Subdivisions does it too, so I guess we can add that one to the list.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jul 1 2010, 04:21 PM)

And I get to the gig....only to find that a song or two that I wasn't expecting to get goosebumps from just does it for me.

This ALWAYS happens to me too, I'm glad somebody mentioned it!

And usually, when it does, it becomes my favourite song for awhile and I listen to it non-stop.

A good example of this was on the S&A tour with "Mission"... back when I didn't know as great of a deal of the Rush catalog as I do now. Because of that show (and song), a day doesn't go by where I don't listen the song.

As for this setlist, some "goosebump" moments are:

-Spirit of Radio

-Red barchetta

-Marathon (especially the synth parts)

-La Villa strangiato (whole song)

-the ending to Working Man, along with the jam part in the middle

-Time Stand Still (FREEZE THIS MOMENT A LITTLE BIT LOOONGERR!!.. ughh my skin is crawling already)

These are just a few, but I am so damn excited now! 15 more days!

I am going to my cottage for next week to relax, and then when I come back, I get to rock out! 1022.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

Presto, Marathon, 2112, TSOR, Tom Sawyer, Witch Hunt, Faithless, Working Man, Stick it Out and Workin them Angels IF

IF

IF !!!!!

THEY GONNA COME TO EUROPE biggrin.gif

Marathon and TCE for me definitely.

I almost couldn't believe they WERE playing Marathon. I'm so used to watching it on ASOH that seeing them playing it now so many years later was weird. Cool of course, but weird.

One of the biggest "goosebump" moments in any Rush song for me is the jam in Time Stand Still. I focus on that ethereal choir and it's just bliss! wub.gif

Other moments I'm looking forward to are...

Marathon - the solo section and "You can do a lot in a lifetime..."

Presto - "I'd make everything alright".... "I'd set everybody free"

*sigh* smile.gif

And of course, the image of soldiers during Workin' Them Angels

"..Overtiiiiiiime!"

QUOTE (traeplien @ Jul 1 2010, 04:02 PM)
Most of the rest I'll enjoy, but its unlikely there will be goosebumps like there would have been with Jacobs Ladder, A Farewell to Kings or 2112 complete which in my opinion should not be played unless played in its entirety.

But if they do that there'll be less slots open for songs like Jacob's Ladder or A Farewell to Kings. yes.gif

Presto came out right as I was getting into Rush. It has a special place in my heart because of that. My favorite song off it was always Presto. It's one of those Rush songs like so many that gave me this unexplainable goosebump feeling you describe.

2112 always does that Live because I LOVE the crowd rection and interaction with that one, with the sun down, etc....the crowd just always digs this one so much. Always one of my favorite parts of the show

Red Barchetta, Limelight, Subdivisions, the middle section of BU2B all have that feel good vibe to them too

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jul 1 2010, 04:21 PM)
Something interesting..

Although I can't think of a specific example, I know that I've been to concerts where I knew the setlist beforehand, and had already figured which songs would really move me.

Not saying that this might happen to you (or me again, for that matter!) but it has happened in the past.

I'm really pumped for TSS, Marathon, Red Barchetta, and Camera Eye. Even though I'll dig the whole set I suspect these four will give me the chills. Possibly even Faithless... that is one of my faves on S&A.

EDIT: Usually Subdivisions does it too, so I guess we can add that one to the list.

Subdivisions is always great to hear though I would prefer to hear Analog Kid from Signals.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Jul 1 2010, 04:02 PM)
Most of the rest I'll enjoy, but its unlikely there will be goosebumps like there would have been with Jacobs Ladder, A Farewell to Kings or 2112 complete which in my opinion should not be played unless played in its entirety.

But if they do that there'll be less slots open for songs like Jacob's Ladder or A Farewell to Kings. yes.gif

Yeah, funny how that works out. Maybe we can remove the entire first set cept for Spirit, Marathon, Freewill and Subdivisions which is one of my wifes favorites. wink.gif

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Jul 1 2010, 06:57 PM)
Red Barchetta is high on the goosebumps list for me. TCE and Witch Hunt too...

I know its not on this tour, but Red Sector A chills me like nothing else.

I never get tired of Red Sector A. I'm surprised that they are not playing it considering what a powerful and emotional song it is.

Natural Science live always gives me goosebumps!

But seeing 2112 LIVE during the T4E show was amazing! I was definitely "moist" when they started "ATTENTION ALL PLANETS....." That was a moment I always wanted to experience!!!

The first time I heard them play LaVilla live (Power Windows tour)I almost fell over!

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jul 1 2010, 08:52 PM)

But seeing 2112 LIVE during the T4E show was amazing! I was definitely "moist" when they started "ATTENTION ALL PLANETS....." That was a moment I always wanted to experience!!!

The first time I heard them play LaVilla live (Power Windows tour)I almost fell over!

Dude......WTF?

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 1 2010, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jul 1 2010, 08:52 PM)

But seeing 2112 LIVE during the T4E show was amazing!  I was definitely "moist" when they started "ATTENTION ALL PLANETS....."  That was a moment I always wanted to experience!!!

Dude......WTF?

Moist... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 1 2010, 03:22 PM)

Marathon
The Camera Eye
Caravan

That's about it.

none on the setlist would give me goosebumps...........but these ones I'd be excited to see........also Vital Signs and Witch Hunt.

Edited by WCFIELDS

I am thinking that I am gonna have some goosebumps going when they play Presto, just because I have always loved that song, and I nearly messed myself when I found out that they were playing it!

Otherwise, Natural Science, Between The Wheels, and Bravado always get to me when I hear them live.

And, usually, what ever song is the opener, gives me goosebumps! cool.gif