(*SPOILER*) Rush...Come on....

Tarkus406

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 1 2010, 06:54 AM)
What's with the freakin polka intro to La Villa and the dragged out reggae intro to Working Man? I mean 30 seconds is fine for that stuff..it's fun then...but over 2 minutes of reggae Working Man? A bit much if you ask me.

NO ONE ASKED YOU- 3 rush shows does not mean anyone cares what you think. most of all the 3 guys on stage.

NO ONE ASKED HIM? (Ooooh, it felt so liberating to yell like that! sarcasm.gif )

No one had to ask him. He started this thread. And even if he didn't, this is a message board. Message boards are places for anyone who is a member can post an opinion about a topic -- even if it doesn't agree with yours.

Hopefully that will make sense to you. smile.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2010, 10:40 AM)
What's with the freakin polka intro to La Villa and the dragged out reggae intro to Working Man? I mean 30 seconds is fine for that stuff..it's fun then...but over 2 minutes of reggae Working Man? A bit much if you ask me.

NO ONE ASKED YOU- 3 rush shows does not mean anyone cares what you think. most of all the 3 guys on stage.

NO ONE ASKED HIM? (Ooooh, it felt so liberating to yell like that! sarcasm.gif )

No one had to ask him. He started this thread. And even if he didn't, this is a message board. Message boards are places for anyone who is a member can post an opinion about a topic -- even if it doesn't agree with yours.

unless hitler doesn't like the opinion and removes the words...

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 10:56 AM)

That doesn't happen here. Maybe you'd know that if you were were here more than a month before you started popping off. If you don't like the board, no one invited you.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jul 1 2010, 11:02 AM)

That doesn't happen here. Maybe you'd know that if you were were here more than a month before you started popping off. If you don't like the board, no one invited you.

who exactly invited YOU?

and it does happen here...

i'm just tired or all the complaints about set lists and how neil plays and all the whiners...

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 1 2010, 07:27 AM)
I love both of them and could not disagree more. I wish Rush would loosen up even more on stage and do more tinkering. ( and have a set list that changes)

^^^This.^^^

I love this stuff, too. I enjoy seeing established bands do cover songs, too. I've seen some good ones, too: Primus doing Master of Puppets, Blue Oyster Cult doing Love Me Two Times (and not just that medley), Pearl Jam doing Baba O'Riley (and others---they always do covers), the Black Crowes doing Fearless (Pink Floyd) and Brokedown Palace (the Dead) (of course, it was a cover song that "made" them to begin with). When I saw Metallica back in the 80's they kept doing little teases. The only one I specifically remember is a "How Many More Times" intro into Creeping Death.

For me, that's a big part of the live experience. I want to see and hear something I can't get at home. That's also a big part of why I will complain about predictable setlists. I want to hear versions of my favorites that I can't hear at home. I've heard Circumstances, Entre Nous and Bangkok a million times, but never quite like I did at S&A.

On a side, note, I heard someone mention that Geddy didn't do so well on CTTH. Maybe he'll keep having trouble and they'll scrap it for Xanadu or something else before August 22. wink.gif

Edited by amish_ashaman

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 11:05 AM)

who exactly invited YOU?

i'm just tired or all the complaints about set lists and how neil plays and all the whiners...

It happens here when the admins deem it necessary. We are, I think, quite judicious in that kind of drastic action.

That being said, I myself have requested that the bashing of Neil's personal life and personality stop.

Members here are free to post complaints or criticisms of the music, setlists, playing styles, etc. You may not like it, but these kinds of threads are easily avoided with just a bit of forethought.

And, heaven forbid, if one finds oneself in an unpleasant thread, why, one can step away from the computer, go for a walk, have a cuppa tea or any number of fun activities in lieu of complaining about the complaining...

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 1 2010, 11:13 AM)

who exactly invited YOU?

It happens here when the admins deem it necessary. We are, I think, quite judicious in that kind of drastic action.

That being said, I myself have requested that the bashing of Neil's personal life and personality stop.

Members here are free to post complaints or criticisms of the music, setlists, playing styles, etc. You may not like it, but these kinds of threads are easily avoided with just a bit of forethought.

And, heaven forbid, if one finds oneself in an unpleasant thread, why, one can step away from the computer, go for a walk, have a cuppa tea or any number of fun activities in lieu of complaining about the complaining...

just felt like sticking up for my friends...you know- voicing my opinion??

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jul 1 2010, 11:14 AM)
We can have, and share our opinions, positive or negative.

moon.gif so can i...

I know. I thought I just said that. We can all have our opinion.

You were just rude. It doesn't matter whether somebody has attended 3 concerts, 63 concerts, 103 concerts or no concerts. It doesn't make their opinion less or more important, and doesn't effect their right to share their opinion.

This is a message board, the purpose of which, is for people to discuss their opinions on specific topics. If nobody discussed their opinions, then what you have is a News Bullitin.

------

And on the topic, I am not a fan of La Polka Strangiato or Reggae Man either. It doesn't anger me that they are playing this, nor does it upset me. I just prefer the 'real' songs, rather than these alterations.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

who exactly invited YOU?

You should probably not use message boards anymore if you dont like different opinions than yours.

Not everyone is going to like the setlist, not everyone is going to love every rush song or like the same things you do. We come here to discuss that, hopefully in a civil manner, and sometimes things get heated.

Just let it go. I agree with the guy, the reggae parts are corny, to us. That doesnt make that a fact, others have said they like it, and thats fine.

I agree it was a bit long! Specially the comedic movie intros! These are was too long you can almost add two more songs to the set if you shorten them!

Rush has always been about the Music not their acting abilities!

More Music: yes.gif

More Acting: no.gif

I like it when they switch things up. They are letting us "in" to a little bit of themselves we rarely get to see, such as the videos or the songs that have different sounds being polka, reggae or whatever. They have a reputation for being a serious band, when really they like to joke around and have a good time. I'm glad for that!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jul 1 2010, 01:08 PM)

I like it when they switch things up. They are letting us "in" to a little bit of themselves we rarely get to see, such as the videos or the songs that have different sounds being polka, reggae or whatever. They have a reputation for being a serious band, when really they like to joke around and have a good time. I'm glad for that!

Good post. You hear alot about how Rush "takes themselves too seriously" or whatever, but they are the first to poke fun at themselves and have a great time doing it. I personally don't mind anything they do. Having seen them live almost 50 times and with them never disappointing me, I figure they've earned the right to do as they please!

I like the new versions but don't necessarily think they are better than the old. At this point I want something, anything that I have not seen before live and any freshness is appreciated by me.

I can understand how others would prefer the original though. maybe some of the older fans feel that the older material is not being represented adequately in the setlist and don't like the old stuff tampered with?

I wonder if rush had altered newer songs then it would be alright?

How about a death metal version of stick it out? cool10.gif

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 1 2010, 12:48 PM)
I agree it was a bit long! Specially the comedic movie intros! These are was too long you can almost add two more songs to the set if you shorten them!

Rush has always been about the Music not their acting abilities!

More Music: yes.gif

More Acting: no.gif

also less yapping and preaching and more room for shredding. they all have great chops and need to well......................shred. go ape!

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 11:56 AM)

Thanks for proving Godwin's Law. That's like the second time in a month that I've seen it happen.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jul 1 2010, 11:13 AM)

On a side, note, I heard someone mention that Geddy didn't do so well on CTTH. Maybe he'll keep having trouble and they'll scrap it for Xanadu or something else before August 22. wink.gif

Maybe he had a bad night?

Maybe it wont be "messed up" every night?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2010, 08:03 AM)
this is what i'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO6wjb6eoBI

goodpost.gif

I mean, really..if they're going to change it up, make it even more like the studio one for a change. I doubt many, if any, would complain about seeing/hearing Alex shred at the beginning in addition to what's in the song. They are, after all, a rock band, not a polka band. Stick to what you know best.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 1 2010, 03:23 PM)
Its alright if someone doesnt mind it of course, or even likes it, Im just saying Im not a fan of when they do this. Ive seen too many crappy fair bands do this in my life that Im not in love with it when Rush does.

Id rather them keep the fun stuff to the videos, not extend that into the songs as well. Thats crossing the line for me.

Why does there have to be a line? Do you think Jimi or Miles said "I'd better not try something different in case those cats out there don't like it".

The extended outro to 'Digital Man' on the last tour was one of the best parts of the show imho. Plus try and look at it from their pov - they have been playing these songs for over thirty years - don't you think they can change them up a little by now to ward off the repetition?

Anything over two minutes of ANYTHING to do with Working Man is too much for me. cool.gif

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Jul 1 2010, 02:02 PM)

confused13.gif

It's the first show, give him a few to get into the groove of this tour and I'll bet he'll sound better.

I also hope they record more than one date this time for the DVD, to pick and choose what sounds better. And I hope they don't record towards the end when Ged's voice might be more strained this time.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Jul 1 2010, 02:02 PM)

confused13.gif

It's the first show, give him a few to get into the groove of this tour and I'll bet he'll sound better.

I also hope they record more than one date this time for the DVD, to pick and choose what sounds better. And I hope they don't record towards the end when Ged's voice might be more strained this time.

Are they making a DVD for this tour?