(*SPOILER*) Rush...Come on....

Tarkus406

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 1 2010, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Solitudeix @ Jul 1 2010, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jul 1 2010, 11:13 AM)

On a side, note, I heard someone mention that Geddy didn't do so well on CTTH. Maybe he'll keep having trouble and they'll scrap it for Xanadu or something else before August 22. wink.gif

Maybe he had a bad night?

Maybe it wont be "messed up" every night?

confused13.gif

It's the first show, give him a few to get into the groove of this tour and I'll bet he'll sound better.

I also hope they record more than one date this time for the DVD, to pick and choose what sounds better. And I hope they don't record towards the end when Ged's voice might be more strained this time.

Are they making a DVD for this tour?

I know what they say about those who assume, but I assume they would because:

1) A lot of people would buy it for the MP in its entirety thing alone- casuals as well as us.

2) They've put out a DVD for the last 3 tours in a row now.

3) You never know if it's their last tour or not. I'm sure they'd want to have the final tour recorded somehow. Imagine being in a band for 40 years and not having something like that to commemorate your final tour? I would be so pissed, personally. laugh.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 05:19 PM)

On a side, note, I heard someone mention that Geddy didn't do so well on CTTH. Maybe he'll keep having trouble and they'll scrap it for Xanadu or something else before August 22. wink.gif

confused13.gif

It's the first show, give him a few to get into the groove of this tour and I'll bet he'll sound better.

I also hope they record more than one date this time for the DVD, to pick and choose what sounds better. And I hope they don't record towards the end when Ged's voice might be more strained this time.

1) A lot of people would buy it for the MP in its entirety thing alone- casuals as well as us.

3) You never know if it's their last tour or not. I'm sure they'd want to have the final tour recorded somehow. Imagine being in a band for 40 years and not having something like that to commemorate your final tour? I would be so pissed, personally. laugh.gif

I know, but this a small "warm up" tour if you will. Is it big enough to warrant the cost of making a DVD?

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 1 2010, 05:21 PM)

confused13.gif

I know, but this a small "warm up" tour if you will. Is it big enough to warrant the cost of making a DVD?

I just think they'll record every tour until the end. Also MP in its entirety is a good enough reason IMO. I'm sure their label thinks so too!

EDIT: Edited to add that maybe that's the reason why the ticket prices were so much higher this time around? confused13.gif

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 1 2010, 05:21 PM)

confused13.gif

I just think they'll record every tour until the end. Also MP in its entirety is a good enough reason IMO. I'm sure their label thinks so too!

EDIT: Edited to add that maybe that's the reason why the ticket prices were so much higher this time around? confused13.gif

The only reason I could think of to justify a DVD of this short tour is the complete MP performance. I guess we'll see....

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 1 2010, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 1 2010, 06:54 AM)
What's with the freakin polka intro to La Villa and the dragged out reggae intro to Working Man? I mean 30 seconds is fine for that stuff..it's fun then...but over 2 minutes of reggae Working Man? A bit much if you ask me.

NO ONE ASKED YOU- 3 rush shows does not mean anyone cares what you think. most of all the 3 guys on stage.

Congratulations, you're a douche.

Anyway, I actually love when bands do stuff like this, especially competent ones like Rush. What's that exciting about hearing 20, 30, 40 year old songs exactly the same way as they have always been played? Adding things to songs brings a lot more to their live performances.