Disappointment in the Rumored Setlist

danielmclark

The main thread has quite a lot of negativity in it (I've been argumentative, too, just sayin'), but I wanted to take the opportunity to say...

They could announce the setlist would be made up of all of Moving Pictures, all of Permanent Waves, AFTK and Hemispheres back to back, all of 2112, every track on CoS and Fly By Night and all the songs from the debut album... and some of you would still find a way to complain... WHERE THE **** IS FANCY DANCER??? They're not playing Garden Road? I'M SELLING MY TICKET!!!!!!11

I kid.

I kid because I care.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 29 2010, 12:24 AM)
I'm not usually disappointed with this band but that first set looks terrible. the 2nd is fine.

Doesn't live up to the excitement of the imagery I got when I read "Time Machine Tour."

that's because they're catering to the casual fan again while pitching a few bisquits towards the die hards.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 12:28 AM)
I'm not usually disappointed with this band but that first set looks terrible. the 2nd is fine.

Doesn't live up to the excitement of the imagery I got when I read "Time Machine Tour."

that's because they're catering to the casual fan again while pitching a few bisquits towards the die hards.

What biscuits for the die hards? Last tour gave us three(Entre Nous, Circumstances, Bangkok). I don't see any this time, except for maybe TCE.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 29 2010, 02:20 AM)

What biscuits for the die hards? Last tour gave us three(Entre Nous, Circumstances, Bangkok). I don't see any this time, except for maybe TCE.

Jacob's Ladder was a pretty big f***ing biscuit but I see your point. I love Rush so much that I hate them. I hate them for not playing the songs I want to hear (and were supposed to play) but I love them for still touring in 2010.

Why couldn't Toto have had that kind of resolve? The horror....the horror....

Regardless, they're my favorite band even though I hate the bastards.

Those sorry son's of bitches are playing Stick It Out when they should be playing Jacob's Ladder? What balls! They're pissing right in our faces while pocketing our hard earned money! Damn them straight to hell!

Whatever the setlist turns out to be, I'm sure I'll be mad as a hornet about something....

But when they're gone and retired and shooting elk in Manitoba, or basking in the Maui sun, or taking pottery lessons wherever you take pottery lessons, we'll be wishing they were still touring and playing songs like Stick It Out.

Maybe......

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Jun 29 2010, 02:21 AM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 29 2010, 02:20 AM)

Jacob's Ladder was a pretty big f***ing biscuit but I see your point. I love Rush so much that I hate them. I hate them for not playing the songs I want to hear (and were supposed to play) but I love them for still touring in 2010.

Why couldn't Toto have had that kind of resolve? The horror....the horror....

Regardless, they're my favorite band even though I hate the bastards.

Those sorry son's of bitches are playing Stick It Out when they should be playing Jacob's Ladder? What balls! They're pissing right in our faces while pocketing our hard earned money! Damn them straight to hell!

Whatever the setlist turns out to be, I'm sure I'll be mad as a hornet about something....

But when they're gone and retired and shooting elk in Manitoba, or basking in the Maui sun, or taking pottery lessons wherever you take pottery lessons, we'll be wishing they were still touring and playing songs like Stick It Out.

Maybe......

Maybe...

The 2nd, aside from camera eye, is filled with songs weve seen them do on recent tours, so the 2nd set is kind of lame too.

I have some disappointments with the setlist too but what band do you ever see and not come out thinking "I wish they would've played this or that"....?

I'm bringing my 12-14 yr old teen kids and they are thrilled to just to get a chance to see them. So we have to sit through a couple yawners. Pee break!

BTW, for a number of reasons I have a feeling this is their last tour. I may be wrong, but I see more dissension among the band, they're getting older, I don't see this going on forever and this is not the kind of band to do a farewell tour. I doubt any of them need the money.

Well, think of it this way...

The band rehearses this set for like a month beforehand. If it wasn't jiving for them, don't you think they'd fix it? I'm sure they understand concert dynamics and how a set should flow for maximum effect and excitement, and if this made the cut, then I'm sure it will blow us all away. There are some weak moments (mainly the S&A tunes in the first set) but how can you go wrong with Marathon, Presto, and Time Stand Still?

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 29 2010, 06:36 AM)
Well, think of it this way...

The band rehearses this set for like a month beforehand.  If it wasn't jiving for them, don't you think they'd fix it?  I'm sure they understand concert dynamics and how a set should flow for maximum effect and excitement, and if this made the cut, then I'm sure it will blow us all away.  There are some weak moments (mainly the S&A tunes in the first set) but how can you go wrong with Marathon, Presto, and Time Stand Still?

forget the maximum setlist flow and dynamics. do what you have to do and give us a shock and awe setlist. at this stage in their career they are thinking way too much about the casual tom sawyer/subdivisions fan. give us shock and awe.

Edited by ReflectedLight

i do know that if they didn't want to play mp in it's entirety, by eliminating witch hunt and vital signs, just for argument sake, that would free them up to add something like earthshine and the weapon or analog kid and the enemy within or middletown dreams and cut to the chase.

I think the setlist is fine. We get new stuff, some old stuff they've never played, some old stuff that is being brought back, MP in its entirety. Personally, I am thrilled that the band plays whatever THEY want to play.

Could it be better? Every single person on this forum would probably make changes to the set list - even if it's just one song.

There just isn't a "perfect set-list for everyone". Doesn't exist.

So, get over it and enjoy the show - or sit on your ass at home a few years from now wishing you HAD gone to the show. th1245.gif

Your choice.

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 29 2010, 07:29 AM)
I think the setlist is fine. We get new stuff, some old stuff they've never played, some old stuff that is being brought back, MP in its entirety. Personally, I am thrilled that the band plays whatever THEY want to play.

Could it be better? Every single person on this forum would probably make changes to the set list - even if it's just one song.

There just isn't a "perfect set-list for everyone". Doesn't exist.

So, get over it and enjoy the show - or sit on your ass at home a few years from now wishing you HAD gone to the show. th1245.gif

Your choice.

goodpost.gif I'm actually really pumped about seeing them after I peeked at the setlist

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 29 2010, 06:51 AM)
Remember this is a RUMORED setlist.

Keep your bitching until after tonight yes.gif

yes.gif and since i will be gone for a week i will miss all the bitching if the set is not changed laugh.gif

Edited by Todem