Katy Perry

Tick

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 10:16 PM)
I can't believe this, it's like you guys think being a musician is the only job there is in the world  facepalm.gif

No. Not at all.

Well, I'm basically just saying I'd rather have a normal job that I'd get normal pay from instead of having a job where I'd throw away who I am by dressing up like a queer and playing shitty music with horrid lyrics for a lot of money, and everyone thinks I'm crazy for thinking that way. I don't get it. Maybe I just take music a little more seriously than most.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 06:24 PM)
Katy and her band are ridiculous. Just because they covered Rush doesn't make them any better, if anything it plummets them down even lower.

This is just like when Miley Cyrus rode around on her bike wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. Iron Maiden fans weren't jumping up and down saying: "oh boy oh boy! Miley likes Iron Maiden so I like her now teehee!" they were saying: "that stupid b*tch, how disgraceful."

I think Miley Cyrus wearing an Iron Maiden tee shirt is an obvious attempt at being hip or cool, in other words, she's a poser. She wanted people to see the tee shirt.

I think with Katy Perry's band it was an in-joke. They probably thought it would be cool to reference and obscure Rush prog rock epic. 99% of the audience probably didn't even catch it. Hence, they weren't posing.

If they really were such loyal rock fans, they wouldn't be playing terrible music for katy perry and dressing up all fashionably in the first place. And if these guys are just in it for the money, (which they probably are) then they're sell out douche bags.. Any way you look at it, they lose, they're still pathetic little pop rockers no matter what.

Come back and reread this when you grow up someday, because this is a very childish rationale. atickhum.gif

No, it just stands out since everyone is so obsessed with money.

No, your quite wrong. When you work your ass off to be a top flight musician, your not selling out because you actually accept a job that makes you a good living. That's called working as opposed to starving. Do you really a musician should be a starving artist and not work? For what reason? Seriously, those guys worked at there craft to be good enough to make money and enjoy a good life. If you think otherwise, once again, you need to grow up and join the real world. atickhum.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 09:18 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 10:16 PM)
I can't believe this, it's like you guys think being a musician is the only job there is in the world  facepalm.gif

No. Not at all.

Definitely not. That sure as hell isn't what I do for a living. laugh.gif

And, yeah, it takes all kind of people and taste to make up an interesting world. Who the hell am I (or ...) to actively degrade someone who likes pop music or who was good enough to stand out amongst tons of other great solid musicians to make it into a high profile backing band like that? How is that type of behaviour still going on in this age where there is hardly enough room between genres and tastes to breath. A lot of musicians just like to PLAY MUSIC. Whether with Katy Perry or with Chris Cornell or whatever act that needs a musician to complete the band. Thats what session musicians and journeymen do. It is a lifestyle that is as old as the hills. I think its the concept of fashionable elitism in music and certain factions being "truer" than others that is the new and out of place dork in school.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 09:33 PM)
Do you really a musician should be a starving artist and not work? For what reason?

Ah, but that is "true" and tragic and romantic and makes for a great background mystique.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 10:28 PM)
dressing up like a queer

I don't see how you could dress up like a weird person. wink.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jun 24 2010, 06:05 PM)
I'm not 'wrong' on that last part, its just how I see things. Rush have been my role models for a good while now and seeing how they rarely compromise their integrity (they blew off the friggin' olympics due to lip-synching...or so I hear) I also refuse to soil my name. I'd never want to be associated with a pop act. Now that's just me, I'm sure there are others who would jump at the chance to get paid for playing music even if it was with Katy Perry. But thats...just not for me. Rush aren't sell outs, and neither am I.

Perhaps these guys have some ambition beyond being "Perry's band" forever?

You take certain jobs to get out there and get noticed. It's resume-building, same as with any other job.

Well, I'm basically just saying I'd rather have a normal job that I'd get normal pay...

Wait. Didn't you say on another thread that you examine the protein content in the fecal matter of orangutans as a living? How is that normal? confused13.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 24 2010, 07:56 PM)
Well, I'm basically just saying I'd rather have a normal job that I'd get normal pay...

Wait. Didn't you say on another thread that you examine the protein content in the fecal matter of orangutans as a living? How is that normal? confused13.gif

wacko.gif

love her. idk why but i just do. maybe it is because she's so hot. btw i had to point out her hotness to my husband and i always show him good pics of her boobs lol she is maxim's #1 hottie this year, which is perfectly fitting. hey, she's WAYYYY better than lady gaga.

check out katy's latest video, at least for pure entertainment...(very hot!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvptTk7IbU

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 24 2010, 08:41 PM)
love her. idk why but i just do. maybe it is because she's so hot. btw i had to point out her hotness to my husband and i always show him good pics of her boobs lol she is maxim's #1 hottie this year, which is perfectly fitting. hey, she's WAYYYY better than lady gaga.

check out katy's latest video, at least for pure entertainment...(very hot!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRvptTk7IbU

Yep!

I actually wrote a Katy Perry Thread down below and posted the video too a few days ago. Of course it bombed.

This video is beyond HOT, but whats with the gummy bear flipping Katy off?

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 08:15 PM)
Anyone with half a brain would Earl.

Kind of low and ironic to tell me to grow up then follow it up with some indirect insults, don't you think? Just because you don't think the same way as me doesn't mean you have to be a complete jerk.

Edited by Kenneth

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 24 2010, 08:49 PM)
i guess it's just silly lol

love her naked, the whipped cream at the end, and, the best part, snoop dogg's suit!!!! lol

DITTO!

Ironically this video is to explicit for my girls to watch, but I like it.

"California Gurls" is a modern pop hit at it's best, which in a hater's mind would also be true. Best meaning worst.

Too bad MTV or VH1 doesn't play the new Rush "Caravan" video on the TV every hour on the hour................

Signed,

Snoop Hog trink39.gif