Katy Perry

Tick

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 06:24 PM)
Katy and her band are ridiculous. Just because they covered Rush doesn't make them any better, if anything it plummets them down even lower.

This is just like when Miley Cyrus rode around on her bike wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. Iron Maiden fans weren't jumping up and down saying: "oh boy oh boy! Miley likes Iron Maiden so I like her now teehee!" they were saying: "that stupid b*tch, how disgraceful."

I think Miley Cyrus wearing an Iron Maiden tee shirt is an obvious attempt at being hip or cool, in other words, she's a poser. She wanted people to see the tee shirt.

I think with Katy Perry's band it was an in-joke. They probably thought it would be cool to reference and obscure Rush prog rock epic. 99% of the audience probably didn't even catch it. Hence, they weren't posing.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 03:31 PM)
Katy and her band are ridiculous. Just because they covered Rush doesn't make them any better, if anything it plummets them down even lower.

This is just like when Miley Cyrus rode around on her bike wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. Iron Maiden fans weren't jumping up and down saying: "oh boy oh boy! Miley likes Iron Maiden so I like her now teehee!" they were saying: "that stupid b*tch, how disgraceful."

I think Miley Cyrus wearing an Iron Maiden tee shirt is an obvious attempt at being hip or cool, in other words, she's a poser. She wanted people to see the tee shirt.

I think with Katy Perry's band it was an in-joke. They probably thought it would be cool to reference and obscure Rush prog rock epic. 99% of the audience probably didn't even catch it. Hence, they weren't posing.

If they really were such loyal rock fans, they wouldn't be playing terrible music for katy perry and dressing up all fashionably in the first place. And if these guys are just in it for the money, (which they probably are) then they're sell out douche bags.. Any way you look at it, they lose, they're still pathetic little pop rockers no matter what.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 06:47 PM)

If they really were such loyal rock fans, they wouldn't be playing terrible music for katy perry and dressing up all fashionably in the first place. And if these guys are just in it for the money, (which they probably are) then they're sell out douche bags.. Any way you look at it, they lose, they're still pathetic little pop rockers no matter what.

Wow. What a cynical outlook. God forbid a musician earns a living performing music, albeit worthless pop music. Personally, I hate the song, but if I was a working musician I wouldn't turn the gig down. I guess being a starving artist is more worthwhile.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 06:01 PM)

Wow. What a cynical outlook. God forbid a musician earns a living performing music, albeit worthless pop music. Personally, I hate the song, but if I was a working musician I wouldn't turn the gig down. I guess being a starving artist is more worthwhile.

Especially if your rock band eventually turns into another Def Leppard, watered down fizzy metal pop, reduced to doing duets with teen pop tarts...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 04:01 PM)

yeah no kidding. that's crazy talk.

Let me think, play in Katy Perry's band and tour the world, or sit here in my office 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Color me a sellout.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 04:01 PM)

Well, Rush for one chose self respect over money.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 05:31 PM)
I think with Katy Perry's band it was an in-joke.  They probably thought it would be cool to reference and obscure Rush prog rock epic. 99% of the audience probably didn't even catch it. 

goodpost.gif

Exactly. I can't believe all the hand-wringing and jaw-clenching over this. wacko.gif

Looks like we need the new Rush setlist ASAP. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 07:22 PM)
Well, Rush for one chose self respect over money.

Really? Some members on this message board would disagree!

These days people would disagree and I understand why, but I was talking about back in the 70's/80's

Come back and reread this when you grow up someday, because this is a very childish rationale. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2010, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 24 2010, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2010, 03:07 PM)
Greg Howe did work as Justin Timberlake's touring guitarist and he's a fine axeman...

cool.gif

That is excellent knowledge. Greg Howe is an awesome guitarist.

Justin should stick to acting. wacko.gif

Signed,

"Alpha Dog"

Greg has also filled in for Jennifer Batten in Michael Jackoff's band and toured Europe with Enrique Iglesias...

That guy gets around! Good for him. It's a paycheck and another gig for his resume.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 05:45 PM)

Come back and reread this when you grow up someday, because this is a very childish rationale. atickhum.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 24 2010, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 05:43 PM)
Katy Perry singing The Spirit Of Radio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpl7CQFBNYc

Nice! yes.gif

Hey Tick! It just dawned on my that both links go to the Rush Nerd. No Spirit.

I had to find some way to get someone to watch something I actually put an effort into making. atickhum.gif

No, it just stands out since everyone is so obsessed with money.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 24 2010, 09:30 PM)

Obsessed with money? How about a livelihood?

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 06:57 PM)

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 24 2010, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 24 2010, 05:43 PM)
Katy Perry singing The Spirit Of Radio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpl7CQFBNYc

Nice! yes.gif

Hey Tick! It just dawned on my that both links go to the Rush Nerd. No Spirit.

I had to find some way to get someone to watch something I actually put an effort into making. atickhum.gif

I figured you made that. Good job.

But not as good as your Rush Forum Part I segment. wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 24 2010, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 24 2010, 06:57 PM)

goodpost.gif

trink39.gif

Not to mention that band probably isn't getting paid a whole lot...at least not compared to Katy Perry.