David Gilmour

bigalfan

David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Any Floyd/Gilmour fans seen or own this one? WOW! Just WOW! If you don't have the DVD/Blu-ray...it is WELL worth the money. In fact, Echoes, by itself, is worth the money. There are also some nice surprise guests that are "accompanying" the great string bender on this one. Gilmour is simply an amazing musician/guitarist.

If this has been posted already...couldn't find it in a search. My apologies.

Great D.V.D. His box set he put out [name escapes me] is fanfuckingtastic

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jun 22 2010, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 23 2010, 07:23 AM)

Live at Gdansk. Both offerings essential as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. Thank You

trink39.gif

Awesome performance indeed.

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 22 2010, 02:13 PM)
David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Any Floyd/Gilmour fans seen or own this one? WOW! Just WOW! If you don't have the DVD/Blu-ray...it is WELL worth the money. In fact, Echoes, by itself, is worth the money. There are also some nice surprise guests that are "accompanying" the great string bender on this one. Gilmour is simply an amazing musician/guitarist.

OPENING

If this has been posted already...couldn't find it in a search. My apologies.

David is one of my favorite musicians. I don't the live CD, but I love On an Island and David live in Gdansk. Too bad his tour didn't take him to Florida. Big Floyd fan too. I did see the movie "David", last year.

http://donescense.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/david_gilmour_cbe.jpg

Amazing DVD. Can't get enough of it.

Echoes is just spell binding.

The vocal harmonies with Crosby and Nash in On an Island and Shine On are beautiful.

As it turned out, this tour was quite the swan song for Rick Wright. It's so sad that he's no longer with us.

Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 25 2010, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jun 22 2010, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 23 2010, 07:23 AM)

Live at Gdansk. Both offerings essential as far as I'm concerned.

Yes. Thank You

trink39.gif

Dont forget his acoustic 'In Concert' as well. Can't really go wrong with a DG show cool10.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 26 2010, 07:00 AM)
The vocal harmonies with Crosby and Nash in On an Island and Shine On are beautiful.
As it turned out, this tour was quite the swan song for Rick Wright. It's so sad that he's no longer with us.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 25 2010, 02:00 PM)

Rarely does a day go by still that i think about the loss of Rick. sad.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 15 2011, 09:07 AM)
DG's step son Charlie has just received 16 months in the slammer for attacking Prince Charles convoy.

Well, that's depressing.

I'd rather think about Dave himself and how I would TOTALLY hit that - yes, even at his age, and overweight, etc. One rendition of "Comfortably Numb" and I'm putty.

The man GETS to me. *whew*

Oh, and I completely agree about all the above DVDs/CDs. I own everything he's done, and love it all.

Regarding his solo work, I only own "on an Island". Great CD but many of the songs have a sadness to them that i have to be in the mood for. "Pocketful of Stones" and "Your Smile" and "The Blue" are my faves.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2011, 02:15 PM)
DG's step son Charlie has just received 16 months in the slammer for attacking Prince Charles convoy.

Well, that's depressing.

I'd rather think about Dave himself and how I would TOTALLY hit that - yes, even at his age, and overweight, etc. One rendition of "Comfortably Numb" and I'm putty.

Oh, and I completely agree about all the above DVDs/CDs. I own everything he's done, and love it all.

Hell, I'm a red-blooded straight man, and Comfortably Numb reduces me to a quivering blob.

Would I "hit" DG? He'd want to buy me a good dinner first. And candles. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 15 2011, 09:49 AM)

Well, that's depressing.

Hell, I'm a red-blooded straight man, and Comfortably Numb reduces me to a quivering blob.

Would I "hit" DG? He'd want to buy me a good dinner first. And candles. biggrin.gif

Candles ARE a nice touch. wub.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2011, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 15 2011, 09:49 AM)

Well, that's depressing.

Candles ARE a nice touch. wub.gif

laugh.gif

It seems to me that it would depend on where one intends to put them.http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-304.gif