BEER RUN SONGS

syd11

I never do the Beer/Piss run for the hell of it. Let's say i Don't need a Beer or i don't have to piss, i won't leave just because they are playing say Big Money. I am not the type that will leave Every time i don't like a song. I really don't find Alex all that funny so if he starts to ramble , the Beer is mine. trink38.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 16 2010, 03:42 PM)
I'm not real crazy about 1/2 of the S&A material but the one song that would make me run for a beer is................RED SECTOR A. Something about that song just makes my skin crawl.

I love that tune, but hearing the son of Dachau survivors sing it is almost too powerful.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 17 2010, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 17 2010, 12:57 PM)
none, even if they play roll the bones wink.gif - i have minions who get beers for me plus, i use a catheter for big shows like this. trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

Roll the Bones friggin rocks the house bro.

That's right I said it.

agree. but heard it too many times on tour, radio...

rather hear roll the bones or bastille day?? trink38.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 16 2010, 08:24 PM)
dazed025.gif It is plane rude to be leaving your seat all the time.. angry.gif and your lack of respect will get you no where. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

ghostworks has some good Recommendations for you that you should check into. yes.gif

Thats ridiculous. If I feel like leaving my seat 3 times per song, Im pretty sure you're allowed to do that.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 17 2010, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 16 2010, 08:24 PM)
dazed025.gif It is plane rude to be leaving your seat all the time.. angry.gif  and your lack of respect will get you no where.  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif 

ghostworks has some good Recommendations for you that you should check into.  yes.gif

Thats ridiculous. If I feel like leaving my seat 3 times per song, Im pretty sure you're allowed to do that.

You are allowed to leave your seat 100 times during a song. This is America!

But it's the lack of respect for people around you that is in question. Hey, if you gotta go...you gotta go.

But it's the people that are constantly in and out through the whole show that gets under my skin.

Oh - another reason I don't make beer runs during a show? I hate beer.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 17 2010, 02:03 PM)

I can hold off for the bathroom til intermission, and will in all likelihood do what I've done in the past when I don't want to leave the action AND I know the wait will be long:  I conserve on the fluid intake in the hours beforehand.

Yes, but I have done this befor as well, and for me personally, it doesn't matter if I dehydrate myself for 2 days straight, get dry chapped lips, and piss out all I can piss out, I will STILL have to go badly by the concert's end. However, I find it is also dependent on how "into it" you are. If you're sitting down calmly the whole time, you'll have to pee more. But, if you jump up and down or even so much as bang your head enthusiastically, then things like these make you sweat more and thus urine amounts are reduced tongue.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 17 2010, 08:13 PM)
Oh - another reason I don't make beer runs during a show? I hate beer.

Get out................................ wink.gif

I like beer as much as anyone but Ill be dammed if I am going to waste one minute of a Rush concert walking out of the arena to go stand in line to buy one. I spent WAY too much money for some good seats, not to mention travel and hotel expenses to think about a drink. I will not be drinking anything for several hours before the show, and if I feel like drinking that night, I will gladly wait till after the show. If I absolutely have to use the restroom I will wait till the intermission. Even if they are playing a song I am not crazy about, its still Rush dammit, and you never know what you might miss.

i don't drink beer, but the last tour 2008 my run was Mt.Dew run which was during dreamline still made it back while it was still intermission.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 19 2010, 12:30 AM)
Oh - another reason I don't make beer runs during a show?  I hate beer.

if budweiser is the only beer they are serving, i can see your point. 062802puke_prv.gif

Yep. The last time I saw a show at the venue in St. Louis they at least had Fat Tire and Sam Adams. Not great but better than nothing. When I saw Rush in Atlanta on S&A tour, the concession area was just around the corner and you could hear just fine, so standing in line wasn't that big of a deal.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2010, 09:05 AM)
Oh - another reason I don't make beer runs during a show?  I hate beer.

Get out................................ wink.gif

It's true. I tried for years to "acquire" a taste for it, before finally deciding to quit wasting time and $$$ when there were other forms af alcohol I actually did like.

I can drink a Harp or a Corona every once in a while, but that's it for me and the beer.

I don't buy mixed drinks at concerts because, well, talk about a total rip-off. . .watered-down and ridiculously priced.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 16 2010, 04:14 PM)
The worst Rush song is still better than standing in line to get a $10.00 light beer while being crushed between people who smell like they haven't bathed in weeks or standing in a puddle of someone else's urine staring at a brick wall in the bathroom.

I don't know about that. Have you listened to Dog Years recently?

QUOTE (ZivotSon @ Jun 20 2010, 06:41 PM)
The worst Rush song is still better than standing in line to get a $10.00 light beer while being crushed between people who smell like they haven't bathed in weeks or standing in a puddle of someone else's urine staring at a brick wall in the bathroom.

You know, I don't understand why people keep hating on this song. I see it come up constantly as a focal poin of criticism; what is it about the song that makes it so unbearable? I personally think it's one of their best songs, to be honest.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 20 2010, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (ZivotSon @ Jun 20 2010, 06:41 PM)

You know, I don't understand why people keep hating on this song. I see it come up constantly as a focal poin of criticism; what is it about the song that makes it so unbearable? I personally think it's one of their best songs, to be honest.

The music rocks but most people find the lyrics just totally awful. "I'd rather be a tortoise on Galapagos or span of geological time"...what the everloving f**k is that supposed to mean?

Although I like the song a lot despite the slow part with those goofy lyrics.

I'd take Dog Years any day over Speed of Love.