Songs I Hope They Don't Play

rsmintzberg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 13 2010, 05:56 PM)
Closer to the Heart. That's the only one. I Love the song, but it's been done enough (I know, not since 2002, but from 1977 to 2002 is enough)

not when you never saw them until 2002

I hope they don't play

-Because I've seen these live enough:

Closer To The Heart

Spirit Of Radio

Freewill

Everything from MP (except Camera Eye and Vital Signs)

-Because I'm just not into it:

Big Money

Everything off of Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo, Vapo(u)r Trails, Freedback, and S&A (with the exception of Mission, Driven, Dreamline, and the 3 S&A instrumentals)

I also don't want 2112 unless I get the whole thing.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 14 2010, 08:32 AM)
I hope they don't play

Closer To The Heart
Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Big Money
Everything off of Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo, Vapo(u)r Trails, Freedback, and S&A (with the exception of Mission, Driven, Dreamline, and the 3 S&A instrumentals)

Wow. You're going to be REALLY disappointed this tour.

Not that I dislike these, just had enough of them for a while.

Earthshine - Bring back Ghost Rider or Vapor Trail or shelf VT all together.

Dreamline - Played for the last few tours.

Roll The Bones - Please retire this one!!!

Distant Early Warning - Would be nice to hear Afterimage!

One Little Victory - See first suggestion.

Natural Science - I know... but enough already. I guess we are getting JL instead this tour.

I am up for hearing anything we have not heard live for quite a while, bit some of these just have to be put on a shelf.

I like really like HYF and PoW so I would love to hear a more obscure track from both of these instead of NS again. Maybe Open Secrets or Marathon.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jun 13 2010, 06:56 PM)
Closer to the Heart. That's the only one. I Love the song, but it's been done enough (I know, not since 2002, but from 1977 to 2002 is enough)

"Tom Sawyer" being played on every tour since late 1980 isn't enough?

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 14 2010, 10:15 AM)

You know, I really am curious about how we'd all react if Tommy were left off the setlist. (I know, not gonna happen, we know it's a given because of the whole MP thing).

Would we really be that pumped about it or would we all walk out thinking that something just didn't seem quite right? laugh.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 14 2010, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 14 2010, 08:32 AM)
I hope they don't play

Closer To The Heart
Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
Big Money
Everything off of Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo, Vapo(u)r Trails,  Freedback, and S&A (with the exception of Mission, Driven, Dreamline, and the 3 S&A instrumentals)

Wow. You're going to be REALLY disappointed this tour.

Nope. I always have a blast. I enjoy every song. There's just certain songs I like more than others. Being a huge fan of the 70s material, that would be my preference to hear.

Nothing off Snakes, since we got to hear so very much of it last tour.

I could do without anything from VT, RTB and Power Windows, too.

I don't really care -- I'll be in ALB soon enough -- as long as they don't jam too much S&A down my gullet. I've had my fill.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 13 2010, 07:37 PM)
man why does nobody want to hear bravado? that song is incredible

Because they have done it a lot and it's not that Good of a song compared 2 other Rush songs confused13.gif

I could do without Tom Sawyer for a tour, as they overuse that song a little to much (they've done it every tour since 1980).

I would much rather here something like Anthem, or Analog Kid, or even Different Strings.

I also am a bit sick of 2112 on every tour, it's got to be either all or none at all.

Oh, and I would (figuratively) kill the band if they played Dog Years or Red Lenses, as, to me, those songs suck, album and live.

By the way, thanks for the interesting conversation, it's fun to see peoples opinion on this in particular matter.

Oh, and Bravado kicks ass, I say don't take it away.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 13 2010, 01:00 AM)
Mystic Rhythms
Roll the Bones
Bravado
Animate
Driven
Resist
One Little Victory
Vapor Trail
Secret Touch
Larger Bowl
Spindrift
Any cover

2112 Overture/Temples

With 2112, I would prefer they either play the whole thing or none of it at all.

I agree on the 2112.

Or, I would be happy with them beginning where they always stop at. That would be an AWESOME way to start a set. Alex playing the guitar as if he just found it and Geddy walking in and singing, "what can this strange device be?"

I would think that the whole room would go crazy!

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 13 2010, 03:04 PM)
To be honest, I don't have a song that I hope they don't play. I have a list of songs that I'd love to hear live... and then a list of "if they play it, fine; if not, fine".

I am in this mode after seeing RUSH in concert 20 times.

If they want to play Tai Shan or Rivendell I will enjoy it and add it to my list of songs I have seen live.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 13 2010, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 13 2010, 11:24 AM)
Eh?

7 of the songs you're complaining about as being part of "every goddamn set"

Red Sector A
The Big Money
Force Ten
Show Don't Tell
Bravado
Roll The Bones
Earthshine

weren't even played on either S&A tour... thanks for paying attention  tongue.gif

If you just don't like them, fine.  But they've hardly been automatic plays.

Yeah, these songs are all rarities... unsure.gif

Why play The Big Money and Force Ten ENDLESSLY, while masterpieces like Marathon or Time Stand Still get ignored even though fans LOVE them?

Last time I saw RuSh in Scotland, they totally fecked up Tine Stands Still.

there isn't much that floats my boat from the last three albums of original material that i would want to hear.

Vital Signs would be one that 'd love to see; Big Wheels; Circumstances; in fact most all of the Hemispheres album. Chemistry... er. ..well... in fact ALL of the Signals album would be cool to hear/see. Jacobs Ladder would be cool as well.

whilst i'm doing a wish list, I'd like to hear them do Resurrection by Fear Factory, Master Of Puppets and mebbie Won't Get fooled Again!

oh and Poker Face!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 14 2010, 09:31 AM)

You know, I really am curious about how we'd all react if Tommy were left off the setlist. (I know, not gonna happen, we know it's a given because of the whole MP thing).

Would we really be that pumped about it or would we all walk out thinking that something just didn't seem quite right? laugh.gif

I would, quite literally, cheer if Tom Sawyer were left off the setlist (next tour, of course).

There are certain songs that I've heard so many times in my life that I can't remember what was so great about them to begin with. Tom Sawyer tops the list. Freewill. Stairway to Heaven. Anything from The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon. More than a Feeling. There's a few others.

Anyway, I'd like to see 'em leave off pretty much anything that's been played more than three tours consecutively. Give us a show of rarities. Don't go overboard, we don't need Dog Years, I Think I'm Going Bald and Tears, but... yeah. Songs I hope they don't play... pretty much all the standards.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 24 2010, 11:40 PM)

I would, quite literally, cheer if Tom Sawyer were left off the setlist (next tour, of course).

There are certain songs that I've heard so many times in my life that I can't remember what was so great about them to begin with. Tom Sawyer tops the list. Freewill. Stairway to Heaven. Anything from The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon. More than a Feeling. There's a few others.

Anyway, I'd like to see 'em leave off pretty much anything that's been played more than three tours consecutively. Give us a show of rarities. Don't go overboard, we don't need Dog Years, I Think I'm Going Bald and Tears, but... yeah. Songs I hope they don't play... pretty much all the standards.

How could you leave out Tom Sawyer? That is a stapel at every concert, plus it sounds kick ass live. I can NEVER get sick of that song.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 24 2010, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 24 2010, 11:40 PM)

How could you leave out Tom Sawyer? That is a stapel at every concert, plus it sounds kick ass live. I can NEVER get sick of that song.

I agree. I've heard it a million times, but I still love hearing it live. It is the essence of Rush. Tom Sawyer has everything - drum solo, guitar solo over running bass lines, dissonant chords, great lyrics. It is kick ass live.

God yeah Tom Sayer basicly is Rush in a JAR. if any one wanted to heear what is all the best things about rush, they caan all be found i this one song. Great playing; inventive guitar solo; fab unison playing; great drumming; awesome melodies; atmosphere; dynamics; contrast; excitement.

all in this one little itty biddy song.