Songs I Hope They Don't Play

rsmintzberg

Let me start by saying I love Rush and have for 30 years. Seen every tour since I was old enough for my parents to let me go to concerts (started with Hold Your Fire). Having said that, there are some songs I have just never enjoyed hearing/seeing live, or have just seen/heard on too many tours.

I'm not saying these are not good songs, I'm just saying I'd prefer to hear other songs not played in a while or never played rather than the following.

Bravado

Ghost of a Chance

Spindrift

Analog Kid

Digital Man

Roll The Bones

One Little Victory

The Pass

Let the debates begin.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually prefer that Tom Sawyer and Limelight not get played, but since this is a "Moving Pictures in it's entirety" tour, FAT CHANCE! Oh well, not gonna complain too loudly! I get TCE and Vital Signs out of the deal, so BONUS!!

Honestly, I have my preferences, but I will NEVER complain about a Rush concert or the songs that they play...NEVER!! 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rsmintzberg @ Jun 12 2010, 10:05 PM)
Let me start by saying I love Rush and have for 30 years. Seen every tour since I was old enough for my parents to let me go to concerts (started with Hold Your Fire).  Having said that, there are some songs I have just never enjoyed hearing/seeing live, or have just seen/heard on too many tours.

I'm not saying these are not good songs, I'm just saying I'd prefer to hear other songs not played in a while or never played rather than the following.

Bravado
Ghost of a Chance
Spindrift
Analog Kid
Digital Man
Roll The Bones
One Little Victory
The Pass

Let the debates begin.

Oh yeah - would have added YYZ to the list but I'll gladly take it to hear MP in its (abridged) entirety.

I've only been to about a dozen Rush shows, but I sit through each and every song from start to finish, from the first note to the last.

BUT, if the band gave me the power to mark off five songs that would be removed from their set-list in order to make room for others, I'd have to pick:

Driven

Bravado

Earthshine

The Big Money

Spindrift

Let me start by saying I love Rush and have for 30 years. Seen every tour since I was old enough for my parents to let me go to concerts (started with Hold Your Fire). Having said that, there are some songs I have just never enjoyed hearing/seeing live, or have just seen/heard on too many tours.

Bravado
Ghost of a Chance
Spindrift
Analog Kid
Digital Man
Roll The Bones
One Little Victory
The Pass

Let the debates begin.

Actually, I would really love to hear Analog Kid. But everything else on your list I could take a pass on as well.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 12 2010, 11:28 PM)
Let me start by saying I love Rush and have for 30 years. Seen every tour since I was old enough for my parents to let me go to concerts (started with Hold Your Fire).  Having said that, there are some songs I have just never enjoyed hearing/seeing live, or have just seen/heard on too many tours.

Bravado
Ghost of a Chance
Spindrift
Analog Kid
Digital Man
Roll The Bones
One Little Victory
The Pass

Let the debates begin.

Actually, I would really love to hear Analog Kid. But everything else on your list I could take a pass on as well.

The Analog Kid has been in mothballs since the Counterparts tour - 16 years ago.

Bravado
Ghost of a Chance
Spindrift
Analog Kid
Digital Man
Roll The Bones
One Little Victory
The Pass

Let the debates begin.

Well Bravado, RTB, AK and The Pass weren't played on the S&A tours, so you haven't seen any of them for at least 6 years tongue.gif

Anyway: songs I don't want to hear (whether they've been played recently, or at all)

Spindrift (we agree on that one trink39.gif )

Entre Nous (once was enough)

Losing It (great song, but it would depress me for the next 1/2 hour of the show)

In The End

Rivendell

I Think I'm Going Bald

Necromancer

Fountain of Lamneth

Tears

Madrigal

Afterimage

Tai Shan

Heresy

The Color Of Right

Half The World

Secret Touch (was happy that was dropped in '08)

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 12 2010, 11:38 PM)

Bravado
Ghost of a Chance
Spindrift
Analog Kid
Digital Man
Roll The Bones
One Little Victory
The Pass

Let the debates begin.

Well Bravado, RTB, AK and The Pass weren't played on the S&A tours, so you haven't seen any of them for at least 6 years tongue.gif

Anyway: songs I don't want to hear (whether they've been played recently, or at all)

Spindrift (we agree on that one trink39.gif )

Entre Nous (once was enough)

Losing It (great song, but it would depress me for the next 1/2 hour of the show)

In The End

Rivendell

I Think I'm Going Bald

Necromancer

Fountain of Lamneth

Tears

Madrigal

Afterimage

Tai Shan

Heresy

The Color Of Right

Half The World

Secret Touch (was happy that was dropped in '08)

The Necromancer and Afterimage are 2 songs every hard core fan would love to hear.

Except maybe you. tongue.gif

Mystic Rhythms

Roll the Bones

Bravado

Animate

Driven

Resist

One Little Victory

Vapor Trail

Secret Touch

Larger Bowl

Spindrift

Any cover

2112 Overture/Temples

With 2112, I would prefer they either play the whole thing or none of it at all.

Edited by analog guy

There was a thread like this just recently

I'm just tired of the usual

The Trees

Freewill

YYZ

Subdivisions

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

The Big Money

Force Ten

Show Don't Tell

Dreamline

Bravado

Roll The Bones

Earthshine

that make up 50% of EVERY GODDAMN SET!!!!

Seriously, if they just substituted one other song from each album instead of those (mostly) everyone would probably be thrilled

Edited by GrandDesigner

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 13 2010, 07:24 AM)
There was a thread like this just recently

I'm just tired of the usual

The Trees
Freewill
YYZ
Subdivisions
Distant Early Warning
Red Sector A
The Big Money
Force Ten
Show Don't Tell
Dreamline
Bravado
Roll The Bones
Earthshine

that make up 50% of EVERY GODDAMN SET!!!!

Seriously, if they just substituted one other song from each album instead of those (mostly) everyone would probably be thrilled

Eh?

7 of the songs you're complaining about as being part of "every goddamn set"

Red Sector A

The Big Money

Force Ten

Show Don't Tell

Bravado

Roll The Bones

Earthshine

weren't even played on either S&A tour... thanks for paying attention tongue.gif

If you just don't like them, fine. But they've hardly been automatic plays.

To be honest, I don't have a song that I hope they don't play. I have a list of songs that I'd love to hear live... and then a list of "if they play it, fine; if not, fine".

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jun 13 2010, 11:24 AM)
Eh?

7 of the songs you're complaining about as being part of "every goddamn set"

Red Sector A
The Big Money
Force Ten
Show Don't Tell
Bravado
Roll The Bones
Earthshine

weren't even played on either S&A tour... thanks for paying attention tongue.gif

If you just don't like them, fine. But they've hardly been automatic plays.

Yeah, these songs are all rarities... unsure.gif

Why play The Big Money and Force Ten ENDLESSLY, while masterpieces like Marathon or Time Stand Still get ignored even though fans LOVE them?

In general, the consensus seems to be:

More 1977-1990

Less 1991-2007

I guess that would somewhat bruising to the band's ego, but it's only natural that most people like your old stuff better than your new stuff.

dreamline, force10, roll the bones 062802puke_prv.gif

most of test for echo, vapor trails and snakes...

i don't want one freaking "take-a-piss song"

more songs from the original moving pictures setlist drool1.gif . ala how KISS did it when they got back and toured the first time in 1996: they basically did the destroyer setlist, 20 years later and it KILLED! popcorn.gif