What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Had some really excellent Vietnamese food at a restaurant I'd never been to tonight. I was pleasantly surprised -- and impressed!

Stir-fry seafood (squid and shrimp) with vegetables. First time having had squid. It was kind of weird-feeling, but enjoyable nonetheless. I think something in the dish didn't agree with me since I have a stomachache now, but it was sooooo good. Totally worth it. I'll probably end up going there when I get Asian food cravings again. tongue.gif

Finding a new guitar waiting for me when I got up today wub.gif

I played a 57 reissue goldtop Les Paul through a 100 watt Marshall halfstack. The setup would have set me back around 5k. Spending about a half hour with it was enough for me.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 8 2011, 04:22 PM)
Finding a new guitar waiting for me when I got up today wub.gif

Wow!! Fantastic!! That must've been awesome.

Enjoy that! ;3

What made my day was watching both the boys' and girls' basketball teams at my school beat another school... again. They're both doing really well, 12 - 2 I think, which is kind of surprising. The past now six years the boys have been doing really, really well (4 Class A championship wins in the past five seasons) but the girls.. not so well. Losing seasons, and such. Makes me happy to see them playing a lot better.

It's my senior year. If one of our teams -- or both -- went to State and WON, like the boys did last year, that would be the perfect ending.

Maybe the senior winter dance got canceled, but at least there was basketball to be happy about.

And my dad found a Caress of Steel cassette in the basement.

|D

Even though he kept making stupid jokes about Lakeside Park the whole time.

My older Quaker Parrot, Sami, said "I love you!" very clearly, then her neighbor [also a QP] said "I love you too!"

I love my birdies!

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jan 3 2011, 09:38 PM)
Found out today that my Coffee pot has a prog button 1022.gif

Coffee in 7/8 time in the key of B

Saw the Harry Potter exhibit at the Pacific Science Center. Very cool.gif

Snow Day! There's got to be at least six to eight inches out there and it's still coming down. Not holding my breath for two-in-a-row but at least I can say, "YES, I had a snow day my senior year." That's good enough for me.

Hopefully the snow will be a little less powdery and I can make a snowman... or attempt a snow replica of Geddy's face.

(Just kidding.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 10 2011, 05:54 PM)
Snow Day! There's got to be at least six to eight inches out there and it's still coming down. Not holding my breath for two-in-a-row but at least I can say, "YES, I had a snow day my senior year." That's good enough for me.

Hopefully the snow will be a little less powdery and I can make a snowman... or attempt a snow replica of Geddy's face.
(Just kidding.)

Heck, I might even go tobogganing!

Awesome! I've had a snow day already myself, on a Monday, which was sweet. I was like, "I dunno know about you guys, but I'm going back to sleep!" biggrin.gif

Heh, heh. You said coming. Heh, heh. rofl3.gif

I'm assuming you've seen the Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage bonus features? This is from "Being Bullied and the Search For the First Gig." tongue.gif

Alex: Remember that big snowman we built here? With the big...

*Alex and Geddy laugh*

Alex: And Ms. Kin came out...

Geddy: That was a lot of trouble.

Alex: It was big trouble.

Geddy: That's controversial.

I love that tobagganing video! tongue.gif

"Small children and people worried about their brain should always wear a helmet." Oh, Geddy. laugh.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jan 10 2011, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 10 2011, 05:54 PM)

(Just kidding.)

Heck, I might even go tobogganing!

Awesome! I've had a snow day already myself, on a Monday, which was sweet. I was like, "I dunno know about you guys, but I'm going back to sleep!" biggrin.gif

Heh, heh. You said coming. Heh, heh. rofl3.gif

I'm assuming you've seen the Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage bonus features? This is from "Being Bullied and the Search For the First Gig." tongue.gif

Alex: Remember that big snowman we built here? With the big...

*Alex and Geddy laugh*

Alex: And Ms. Kin came out...

Geddy: That was a lot of trouble.

Alex: It was big trouble.

Geddy: That's controversial.

I love that tobagganing video! tongue.gif

"Small children and people worried about their brain should always wear a helmet." Oh, Geddy. laugh.gif

LOL, you take EVERYTHING out of context!! xD

And yes, I remember that. It took me a moment but then I got it and was like, "Ooohh gawd, you two," but I laughed anyways. Too funny.

And my day was made AGAIN! Snow Day tomorrow!!!!

Three-day week, five-day weekend.. That's what I call epic win.

QUOTE (Inthend @ Jan 11 2011, 04:47 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnals @ Jan 10 2011, 08:19 PM)
Finding this forum!

2.gif

Welcome to the board, Cygnals!

Cool user name.

trink39.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jan 11 2011, 02:37 AM)

"Small children and people worried about their brain should always wear a helmet." Oh, Geddy.  laugh.gif 

I still wonder why he did not wear a helmet ph34r.gif

What made my day was a couple of Rushgeek moments:

1) I was at the service department of the car dealership getting some routine maintainance done, and happened to look at some of the work that I've had done in the past, and there was

Body Electric(al). biggrin.gif

2) so I thought that was my geek moment for the day, and over the muzak station comes: New World Man!

oh, and then the service rep gave me a great discount.

A good day, even if it did snow all day today.

Edited by nettiesaur

It's me and my boyfriend's 2 year anniversary today! I'm in the greatest mood ever... the snow is coming down like a bitch and it's dangerous out there right now but I couldn't care less. I'm in love! wub.gif