What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Nov 10 2010, 12:22 AM)
old.gif I came to Iowa to take down my stepson for his action with his kids.... I have taken him out and down. We will see if he can now pick himself up in life and move forward, time will tell..... Battle is a bitch.... Move forward now..... > 1287.gif yes.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Excellent...good for you! trink39.gif

One of our CP girls got the concept of right/left brain cross over activity really fast last night in hippotherapy! I was so proud of her!!! biggrin.gif And she is also developing really strong muscle coordination and the horse tripped and she was able to right herself immediately.

Despite the barn drama (I hate barn drama), those kids keep me coming back. They are the best kids ever. wub.gif

It was a pretty easy day at school AND It's the start of my weekend! biggrin.gif

I'm also going to perfect my Grace Under Pressure guitar tone with my Telecaster, so I can record it and show everybody. I'm thinking Red Sector A or Kid Gloves would be a good song choice.

Fun weekend planned. yes.gif

My dad came back from Washington D.C. (he was there for a work trip) and brought me back an "FBI" hat. It's pretty snazzy.

Also, yesterday I completed my first graphite portrait in... a long time.

And it was of Geddy Lee. xD It's not perfect but I was still happy to get it done, finally!

Great Day!! Went to Waverly and hooked up with Blair and Matt then came back to Mason City and got with the mother of the kids had a nice chat, she has changed for the better... But this war is still going, I got more to say to the stepson now, Like Pull YOUR Head Out of Your ASS!!!

old.gif 653.gif old.gif 653.gif

Lots of things!

1. There was snow on the ground this morning. Most of it melted, but still, hurrah! Made all the trees look so beautiful.

2. Nebraska Huskers football team won their game against KU, and an NU win is always a good thing in my book (but my heart goes out to Turner Gil).

3. I wrote about three thousand words for my novel and I'm finally getting to the part I've been desperately wanting to write. Problem is, from there, no idea where I'm going. tongue.gif But that's not the point! Time to write on!

(50,000 by Dec. 1 or BUST!!!)

Though Georgia lost, South Carolina beat Florida to win their first SEC East title and, as a result, their first trip to the SEC title game. Also, Georgia Southern won, which is always great. And finally (perhaps most importantly), I discovered why last.fm would not scrobble my iPod and iTunes library, and then found a way to let last.fm still scrobble my iPod until (hopefully) they get a plugin for iTunes and iPod.

Don't be bored with me on this since I feel like I talk about it a lot but this is so exciting to me...

One more update (and observation) about my 4 1/2 year-old son who just started talking about two months ago. A few weeks ago his speech therapist gave him a test to analyze where his speech was in relation to his age. He has been seeing her since he was 1 1/2. She has never before been able to give him this test because he had no speech. But now, she could give him the test and we got the results back last week. A score between 85-100 = normal for the child's age.

Get ready for this.

He scored an 88.

In two months, he went from not being able to talk, to producing so much speech/language that he falls in the normal range. A few months ago, I was told he was never going to be able to talk, he would need a talking device... I worried about his future, friends, bullies, girlfriends... you name it. But now!!! Nothing in the world makes me happier than to hear his little voice.

Even when he says, "Oh shit" and "What the hell."

Kids really do mimic what they hear. ph34r.gif

The other day, he said goodbye to one of his toys that we have always teased him about (in a good way). We call it/her "Sexy." It's this little phone-like toy and when you push one of the buttons, it says, "I love you." We call it Sexy American Girlfriend (anyone?), Sexy for short.

The things kids pick up on. Oy!

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2010, 10:32 AM)
Don't be bored with me on this since I feel like I talk about it a lot but this is so exciting to me...

One more update (and observation) about my 4 1/2 year-old son who just started talking about two months ago. A few weeks ago his speech therapist gave him a test to analyze where his speech was in relation to his age. He has been seeing her since he was 1 1/2. She has never before been able to give him this test because he had no speech. But now, she could give him the test and we got the results back last week. A score between 85-100 = normal for the child's age.

Get ready for this.

He scored an 88.

In two months, he went from not being able to talk, to producing so much speech/language that he falls in the normal range. A few months ago, I was told he was never going to be able to talk, he would need a talking device... I worried about his future, friends, bullies, girlfriends... you name it. But now!!! Nothing in the world makes me happier than to hear his little voice.

Kids really do mimic what they hear. ph34r.gif

The other day, he said goodbye to one of his toys that we have always teased him about (in a good way). We call it/her "Sexy." It's this little phone-like toy and when you push one of the buttons, it says, "I love you." We call it Sexy American Girlfriend (anyone?), Sexy for short.

Great news! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Would "Sexy American Girlfriend" be from Sixteen Candles?

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Nov 15 2010, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 15 2010, 10:32 AM)

Get ready for this.

He scored an 88.

Kids really do mimic what they hear.  ph34r.gif

Great news! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Would "Sexy American Girlfriend" be from Sixteen Candles?

Yep!

"Oh Sexy American Girrrrrrlfriend!"

Aedan would constantly push the, "I love you" button. I don't exactly know why we started calling it Sexy American Girlfriend though. But it stuck.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Nov 16 2010, 04:58 AM)
Woke up in South Dakota biggrin.gif 1022.gif 653.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif

On purpose?!? laugh.gif

j/k. I hear it's beautiful there. smile.gif

What made my day...

You know how sometimes there's just one little, tiny thing, a little occurance that kind of changes things? Not in a monumental, earth-shattering, life-altering way. Just enough of a nice thing to make you a little more happy? That's what's made my day.