Albuquerque show not selling well

pony2112

Who wants to go to New Mexico ne way?? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/c_laugh3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 2 2010, 02:37 PM)
I don't think anything is Sold Out

Isn't Red Rocks sold out?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 2 2010, 02:07 PM)

Is it ?

Well, not according to some folks on Counterparts.

I think with tickets priced the way they are, we won't see many sellouts. Peope will hang on to their money instead of buying the crappy seats.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 2 2010, 04:01 PM)
Well, not according to some folks on Counterparts. 

I think with tickets priced the way they are, we won't see many sellouts.  Peope will hang on to their money instead of buying the crappy seats.

That's their loss. I was in the lawn in Charlotte and had a blast.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 2 2010, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 2 2010, 02:07 PM)

Is it ?

I think 1st show is sold out. But, it only holds like 8-9k.

wink.gif Last time I remember there were a lot of heads in Albuquerque.

I was 12 yrs. old living in El Paso when Moving Pictures came out, and I was freaking so bad because they were not comming near us! I know my grandma (who is 100% cherokee indian) would have let me go if I stayed with her. But, my faschist mother would not let me go to the concert. I was about to run away for a couple of days and do it anyway.

Albuquerque is a pretty big place. People probably wait til the day of the show to buy something and then go!

I know that I love Megadeth, and I haven't bought tickets to their show and tickets have been out for 4 months. I am trying to get them to drop Slayer and play at a littler venue next year, i'm getting sick of this big glam crap. But, no. I have not bought Rush tickets for here yet either.

My friend said something about comming down here for that show, which would be really nice. I went to my first Rush show with him. To be here for both me and Rush would be like his bestest thing and mine too because I love him so much! I always want to go when Rush is here. Last time I was pretty too much wasted to drive a car and did not have a concert buddy to check with, so that was off. In the future i'm going to try not to get so wasted before i'm thinking about going to a concert.

I don't drive to these things at all anymore because I like to pound a few of those away....

wub.gif beathorse.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 11:58 AM)
i will say that given the demographics of that state i am not all that surprised at the poor ticket sales.

What do you mean by demographics?

I saw them on Counterparts in Las Cruces, which is much smaller than ALB, and the arena was full.

I saw the seating chart yesterday. There are still five weeks before the show.

Yeah but my ticket for the CP tour cost about $35 IIRC.

I'm sure that has something to do with it too.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 6 2010, 08:17 AM)
i will say that given the demographics of that state i am not all that surprised at the poor ticket sales.

I saw them on Counterparts in Las Cruces, which is much smaller than ALB, and the arena was full.

Yeah but my ticket for the CP tour cost about $35 IIRC.

I'm sure that has something to do with it too.

No question about it.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ May 29 2010, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ May 29 2010, 12:04 PM)

well maybe i am completely wrong but does Rush have a strong following amongst the hispanics and native americans in new mexico?

not trying to stir the pot. i love NM and think its one of the prettiest places i have ever been to and have friends who live Albuquerque.

edit- that and by demographics i also meant number of people i the state itself. NM is a fairly sparsely populated state if i recall correctly.

Hispanics are like anyone else -- they like all different kinds of music.

Like I said, when I saw them in 94, the arena was full in a city that has a fraction of the population in ALB.

Demographics probably have nothing to do with it.

I am all for diversity and I agree that the Rush crowd is more diverse now than ever.

That said, the typical Rush concert is still a caucasian sausagefest.

Demographics play a part in pretty much all business decisions. Apparently the demographics were there to justify the show. Its a numbers game though and like I said NM is not heavily populated. I saw a list that put them at #36 out of 50.

As far as playing in NM, I heard (RUMOR) Geddy got hit with a bottle in Tucson in 2008, which is why they've skipped Arizona.

When I say demographics don't have anything to so with it, I'm talking about ticket sales. Like I said, they sold out an indoor arena 16 years ago in a much smaller city (albeit, one close to the major El Paso metro area).

And people said Jacksonville was only half full on the last tour, and I think there are a lot of white guys in Florida.

Perhaps Rush isn't the major concert attraction in the desert southwest and the deep south the way they are in St. Louis, New York and Cleveland (or even Dallas, for that matter, where both shows in 2007-08 were jam packed).

Well, first of all, I was at both Phoenix shows in 07 and 08--there were no shows in Tucson--and Geddy did not get hit by a bottle at either show. Geddy did get hit by a bottle in Tucson in the late seventies though, and they have not returned to Tucson--but have always played Phoenix. My guess is that they are actually one of several artists that are boycotting AZ due to its new immigration law (doesn't matter if we approve of the law or not). Thus, I will be flying to ABQ on the 29th. Anyone have a link to TM's interactive seating chart for the ABQ show?

QUOTE (gedfan @ Jun 8 2010, 12:47 PM)

well maybe i am completely wrong but does Rush have a strong following amongst the hispanics and native americans in new mexico?

not trying to stir the pot. i love NM and think its one of the prettiest places i have ever been to and have friends who live Albuquerque.

edit- that and by demographics i also meant number of people i the state itself. NM is a fairly sparsely populated state if i recall correctly.

Like I said, when I saw them in 94, the arena was full in a city that has a fraction of the population in ALB.

I am all for diversity and I agree that the Rush crowd is more diverse now than ever.

Demographics play a part in pretty much all business decisions. Apparently the demographics were there to justify the show. Its a numbers game though and like I said NM is not heavily populated. I saw a list that put them at #36 out of 50.

As far as playing in NM, I heard (RUMOR) Geddy got hit with a bottle in Tucson in 2008, which is why they've skipped Arizona.

When I say demographics don't have anything to so with it, I'm talking about ticket sales. Like I said, they sold out an indoor arena 16 years ago in a much smaller city (albeit, one close to the major El Paso metro area).

And people said Jacksonville was only half full on the last tour, and I think there are a lot of white guys in Florida.

Perhaps Rush isn't the major concert attraction in the desert southwest and the deep south the way they are in St. Louis, New York and Cleveland (or even Dallas, for that matter, where both shows in 2007-08 were jam packed).

My guess is that they are actually one of several artists that are boycotting AZ due to its new immigration law interactive seating chart for the ABQ show?

God, I hope not. Rush always struck me as a little more down to earth and well informed than your everyday Hollywood type or musician. And to punish citizens of Arizona who are hardcore fans over something being done by politicians would be ludicrous.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 8 2010, 03:00 PM)
Also, looks like New Mexico is selling better...back of Terrace remaining

Do you have a link showing this? I'd appreciate that, as I can't seem to find the interactive chart on the TM site. Thanks!

Geddy also got hit with Mardi Gras beads in New Orleans UNO Lakefront back in the 90's, but they came back to New Orleans last tour - NOT this one sad.gif. I remember a pile of mathematicians jumping on the guy who threw the beads and security carting him out with a calculator attached to his head.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 8 2010, 09:52 PM)

Geddy also got hit with Mardi Gras beads in New Orleans UNO Lakefront back in the 90's, but they came back to New Orleans last tour - NOT this one sad.gif. I remember a pile of mathematicians jumping on the guy who threw the beads and security carting him out with a calculator attached to his head.

This is hilarious. Apparently they remember the polite cities and the really crappy ones. All the stories of fans heckling the band are strange as anything.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Jun 8 2010, 07:52 PM)

rofl3.gif