What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Aug 5 2011, 09:09 AM)
lol "real" books

listen man anyone who reads e-books or has a kindle or some shit is stupid

I like to smell the goddamn page

Well hey... F U angry.gif

It's fine to have opinions but you really need to learn how to voice yours without insulting everyone else. Grow the hell up.

I have more books than you've probably even seen outside of a library and I also have a Kindle. Your blanket statement demonstrates your lack of knowledge and experience.

You're wasting your time, Christine. This guy has no grasp of the nuance you and I are trying to explain. eyesre4.gif

Edited by HowItIs

This:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-0krKV9pL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

and it's PAPER. tongue.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 5 2011, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Aug 5 2011, 11:09 AM)
lol "real" books

What is the big deal about ebooks?

Well, they along with Amazon are driving bookstores out of business. Kind of sad to see them go, and so far Borders is bankrupt and the one closest to my house is closing.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 5 2011, 10:15 PM)
lol "real" books

It's fine to have opinions but you really need to learn how to voice yours without insulting everyone else. Grow the hell up.

I have more books than you've probably even seen outside of a library and I also have a Kindle. Your blanket statement demonstrates your lack of knowledge and experience.

You're wasting your time, Christine. This guy has no grasp of the nuance you and I are trying to explain. eyesre4.gif

I read his comment, and I thought it was hilarious laugh.gif

You're not seriously taking insult at that, are you?

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 6 2011, 12:16 AM)
lol "real" books

Whenever new reading material comes in the house, my husband opens it right to the middle and smells it.

I prefer the actual dead tree product, but can certainly understand the appeal of the e-readers for travel and the like.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 5 2011, 09:16 PM)
lol "real" books

It's not an isolated occurrence.

Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein. Just finished Eye in the Sky, by P. Dick. Both from the library...old school. On my kindle I am reading Lies My Teacher Told Me and I want to start Game of Thrones this fall...

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 6 2011, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 5 2011, 09:16 PM)
lol "real" books

It's not an isolated occurrence.

Neither is this kind of snappish comment. However I suspect something has been bothering you and I only ask that you do not carry the frustration over to this board.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 5 2011, 11:15 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 5 2011, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Aug 5 2011, 11:09 AM)
lol "real" books

What is the big deal about ebooks?

Well, they along with Amazon are driving bookstores out of business. Kind of sad to see them go, and so far Borders is bankrupt and the one closest to my house is closing.

It's very sad indeed. :C I'm kind of a "I want to have my cake and eat it too!" idealistic sort of person... I want people who can store and have books to have their books and I want eBooks available for people like me who will have NO space or room for books! But when I move into a house or apartment I want to have books to put on a bookshelf! It's very frustrating!

OH, THE HUMANITY!

;~;

At least Barnes and Noble jumped on the bandwagon nice and early... Hopefully with their Nook business they can keep all their paper books too. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

The Hippopotamus by Stephen Fry, soon to be followed by Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith. smile.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Aug 7 2011, 08:14 PM)
The Borrower  by Rebecca Makkai  2011

I'm just glad the library bought it and not me personally...

now I'm reading The Spellmans Strike Again (bk 4 in series)

by Lisa Lutz. About a family of private investigators that drive each other up a wall. tongue.gif

It's light easy reading.

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Aug 14 2011, 01:25 PM)
gonna start do androids dream of electric sheep soon

this is one of the few times when the movie (blade runner) is better than the book.